My take on this, based on my experiences watching Manchester City and Melbourne City:
- The games will all be streamed. If Melbourne City are willing to stream a mid-season fitness friendly against Al Jazira then I can't see NYCFC not streaming these games. Conversely, if by whatever tiny chance
- They will be streamed on YouTube. This is how CFG have done in it recent years. There may be some region-locking based on countries where the games are actually being broadcasted, but I've never missed a streamed game due to locking yet.
- The club will only announce that the games will be streamed 1-2 days before the actual match. I have no idea why this is. It may be because they often sell broadcasting rights to the games in foreign countries and they're still negotiating on exclusivity, but I have no idea. Either way, they always announce that the games will be streamed really late on.
- The club execs know the games will be streamed, but they haven't told the account reps. Maybe this is because of the legals. Maybe this is because they are only account reps and they are not supposed to know the exact ins and outs of the club - there is a point at which you are telling your underlings too much, after all. I just don't know.
- When the account rep said no-one had brought it up, he didn't mean the club had no idea, he meant that no other supporter had mentioned it (to him).
As ever, I'd advocate a policy of "don't get angry at what hasn't necessarily gone wrong yet", but that's just me.