Streaming Carolina Cup And Manchester Preseason Friendlies

adam

Registered
Elite Donor
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
May 30, 2014
LBNY
Just spoke with my rep. He said no plans to stream either and NO ONE ever brought it up before! I said all we need is a camera on a wide shot, sitting on a tripod, with no commentary for 2 hours. He said it was a great idea and he's going to talk to the right people about it and call me back. Maybe everyone else can call their reps and ask for this? If we have enough people asking, they might actually do it. Hell we might even have someone man the camera and pan back and forth for us!!! Nah, that might be pushing it...

I thought the Battery were going to stream the games on their Youtube channel. Yes? No?

That would be nice, rep didn't know about it. He said he wanted to watch himself. And it still doesn't account for the 2 friendlies on the other side of the pond.

That would be nice, rep didn't know about it. He said he wanted to watch himself. And it still doesn't account for the 2 friendlies on the other side of the pond.

Almost 100% sure Charleston Battery shows each game on their YouTube channel

Almost 100% sure Charleston Battery shows each game on their YouTube channel
I'll match your 100%. I've watched every year and I have never been to Charleston in my whole life. :)

BTW this...
Just spoke with my rep. He said no plans to stream either and NO ONE ever brought it up before!

is UNACCEPTABLE! What is going on with this club? Are they really this clueless? What is that, like 4-5 ball-droppers this week? Do they want us to turn away from this club?

-sigh-

I'll match your 100%. I've watched every year and I have never been to Charleston in my whole life. :)

BTW this...

is UNACCEPTABLE! What is going on with this club? Are they really this clueless? What is that, like 4-5 ball-droppers this week? Do they want us to turn away from this club?

-sigh-
Maybe the Manc intern figured since Charleston was streaming, there's no need for NYCFC to provide a stream to their first motherfucking tournament. Unless they post one the day of.

Reactions: NYCFCFan10
It's fine IF NYCFC knows Battery are streaming, but the OP said 1) they didn't even think to stream the Carolina Cup matches and 2) they hadn't thought of streaming the Manchester friendlies.

Insane.

It's fine IF NYCFC knows Battery are streaming, but the OP said 1) they didn't even think to stream the Carolina Cup matches and 2) they hadn't thought of streaming the Manchester friendlies.

Insane.
Absolutely.

Relax guys. The team created a freaking Snapchat account, you can bet your ass they're gonna stream the Manchester friendlies.

Reactions: CP_Scouse
Maybe they will snapchat the friendlies. If they had plans to stream, rep would have known something. But he is talking to media person, I trust he will and will follow up monday.

My take on this, based on my experiences watching Manchester City and Melbourne City:

- The games will all be streamed. If Melbourne City are willing to stream a mid-season fitness friendly against Al Jazira then I can't see NYCFC not streaming these games. Conversely, if by whatever tiny chance
- They will be streamed on YouTube. This is how CFG have done in it recent years. There may be some region-locking based on countries where the games are actually being broadcasted, but I've never missed a streamed game due to locking yet.
- The club will only announce that the games will be streamed 1-2 days before the actual match. I have no idea why this is. It may be because they often sell broadcasting rights to the games in foreign countries and they're still negotiating on exclusivity, but I have no idea. Either way, they always announce that the games will be streamed really late on.
- The club execs know the games will be streamed, but they haven't told the account reps. Maybe this is because of the legals. Maybe this is because they are only account reps and they are not supposed to know the exact ins and outs of the club - there is a point at which you are telling your underlings too much, after all. I just don't know.
- When the account rep said no-one had brought it up, he didn't mean the club had no idea, he meant that no other supporter had mentioned it (to him).

As ever, I'd advocate a policy of "don't get angry at what hasn't necessarily gone wrong yet", but that's just me.

My take on this, based on my experiences watching Manchester City and Melbourne City:

- The games will all be streamed. If Melbourne City are willing to stream a mid-season fitness friendly against Al Jazira then I can't see NYCFC not streaming these games. Conversely, if by whatever tiny chance
- They will be streamed on YouTube. This is how CFG have done in it recent years. There may be some region-locking based on countries where the games are actually being broadcasted, but I've never missed a streamed game due to locking yet.
- The club will only announce that the games will be streamed 1-2 days before the actual match. I have no idea why this is. It may be because they often sell broadcasting rights to the games in foreign countries and they're still negotiating on exclusivity, but I have no idea. Either way, they always announce that the games will be streamed really late on.
- The club execs know the games will be streamed, but they haven't told the account reps. Maybe this is because of the legals. Maybe this is because they are only account reps and they are not supposed to know the exact ins and outs of the club - there is a point at which you are telling your underlings too much, after all. I just don't know.
- When the account rep said no-one had brought it up, he didn't mean the club had no idea, he meant that no other supporter had mentioned it (to him).

As ever, I'd advocate a policy of "don't get angry at what hasn't necessarily gone wrong yet", but that's just me.
YouTube streaming would be great, that's what the Carolina Cup Challenge is doing. Much better than a stream embedded on a site

Reactions: LostAnvil
Relax guys. The team created a freaking Snapchat account, you can bet your ass they're gonna stream the Manchester friendlies.
Then maybe the NYCFC brain trust should tell their sales reps/interns on the phones whats up.

After all the crap this preseason, they better stream the friendlies.

I'm with you, I feel the downside of constant involvement (eg: social media) is the constant overreaction. 5 years ago this is barely discussed. 10 years ago this doesn't exist. They are still running a business, with various legalities and considerations. It is very likely they stream the games, but we won't find out until its closer to game day. No need to freak out about what might happen.