Summer Transfer Window

There were some other clips circulating today of him making a fantastic double save in a prior match. This gaffe was the sort of thing that could happen to anyone.
Somewhat reminds me of that goal Tim Howard scored for Everton a few years ago. He booted it down the field and the wind caught it as it bounced over the goalkeeper's head and into the net. The team was celebrating, but you could tell by the look on Timmy's face that he wasn't super excited about it as I'm sure he felt bad for the opposing keeper.

About 5 days left on the transfer window - how would you guys feel if we didn't bring in anyone else in this window? Was trading Mullins really just about an INT slot for Chanot? Are they still trying to move Mix to make cap space for someone big? This club is so quiet it makes me nuts.

About 5 days left on the transfer window - how would you guys feel if we didn't bring in anyone else in this window? Was trading Mullins really just about an INT slot for Chanot? Are they still trying to move Mix to make cap space for someone big? This club is so quiet it makes me nuts.
When i get to feeling like that i think to myself, once a piece of news actually does come out how much satisfaction do i get from it? Maybe all of 5 minutes. Either enjoy the speculation time or find something productive to do to keep your mind off it.

id like to believe there will be one more move....but it wont be a "major" move. more of depth move.

interesting they say from whitecaps....didnt that move not happen....and going to necaxa a team that is desperate to remain in the top division.

Reactions: Kjbert
Right now, we're REALLY missing Poku. He was our only game changer.

To go into the rest of the year with no viable offensive option off the bench is troubling. I was and still am a big fan of the move to sell him on. The money they received for him is a big number for MLS and it gives him a better chance to provide for his family. But we could really use him Saturday and off the bench the remainder of the year.

Right now, we're REALLY missing Poku. He was our only game changer.

To go into the rest of the year with no viable offensive option off the bench is troubling. I was and still am a big fan of the move to sell him on. The money they received for him is a big number for MLS and it gives him a better chance to provide for his family. But we could really use him Saturday and off the bench the remainder of the year.

yes and no i mean we also have .....mix to be the "game changer"

Reactions: Ulrich
Reactions: Kjbert
He was moved to the Whitecaps from DC for allocation money, they said after acquiring him, they received an offer that provided them with more allocation money that they couldn't turn down.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/...transfer-striker-fabian-espindola-club-necaxa
I think that's the official spin, but I thought I read that he didn't want to go to Vancouver after finding out he was traded. At that point Van had to find a 3rd party to transfer to or they'd be stuck with a hold-out and loss of allocation money.

I think that's the official spin, but I thought I read that he didn't want to go to Vancouver after finding out he was traded. At that point Van had to find a 3rd party to transfer to or they'd be stuck with a hold-out and loss of allocation money.
I saw this also.