Summer Transfer Window

If that's the case, then it really fell from the $10M alluded to the other day.... That's a really horrible deal for Orlando - I hate their club, but MLS is screwing them and it's not right to sell a drafted player that can't be easily replaced within the Cap. Granted, it's horrible for Orlando at both $4M & $10M, but even worse at the $4M mark.

Eh. There may be more at work here. Everything you read points to the Brazilian ownership wanting a more Brazilian influence. Maybe they turn Larin into some Brazilian striker they want. They may see an opportunity to get this player, Larin and his cheap salary be damned.

I agree that it could be poor business - but a player is worth what a player is worth internationally. Even if MLS takes most of the bounty.

Eh. There may be more at work here. Everything you read points to the Brazilian ownership wanting a more Brazilian influence. Maybe they turn Larin into some Brazilian striker they want. They may see an opportunity to get this player, Larin and his cheap salary be damned.

I agree that it could be poor business - but a player is worth what a player is worth internationally. Even if MLS takes most of the bounty.
Sure, but go read my analysis of transferring a drafted player in the General MLS forum. They can replace a guy for one year but hen the GAM runs out and the team can sustain the quality.

Reactions: adam and Kjbert
Sure, but go read my analysis of transferring a drafted player in the General MLS forum. They can replace a guy for one year but hen the GAM runs out and the team can sustain the quality.

If Orlando was rational right now, they wouldn't have parted ways with Adrian Heath. That organization is a mess right now and the supporters are ready to revolt

His salary will be known when the players union releases their salary lists. The transfer fee was below market value so it was a good deal, I can give the exact amount in... 2 and a half months. I was asked not to say it earlier, so remind me then and I'll tell you.

Or you can just tell us know like they do insider trading on Billions. Just say, "I'm not uncertain that the transfer fee was $_______M."

MLS takes a chunk but club still gets the most of the money. Just gets only a certain amount of it in allocation dollars.

Transfer fee like Larin should funded your academy for a couple years and hopefully give you a decent ROI. I think its smart because the longer you wait, the older/less valuable he gets to teams and you run the risk of him leaving on a free and you get nothing. That's why the Red Bulls transfered Miazaga this offseason.

Reactions: Kjbert
he makes 6mm. not happening without giving him a DP spot.
Could re-negotiate the contract so it's structured like:

July - December 2016 $250k (below DP)
2017 $8 mil
2018 $8 mil

So technically he'd be making $6 mil per season on average, but he's not a DP this year and can take Lampard's spot next year.

2017 $8 mil
2018 $8 mil

So technically he'd be making $6 mil per season on average, but he's not a DP this year and can take Lampard's spot next year.
But what about the impending Lampard extension?

But what about the impending Lampard extension?
Serious question, is that a joke or do you really expect it? I kind of figure that he and the club agreed to wait for his health meter to fill all the way, and now he plans to hold down R2 for the rest of the year before hanging it up.

Given how he left Chelsea rather than be squad filler and how competitive and intelligent he seems to be, I would guess he himself sees this as a last hurrah.

If there is any intention of extending him, we better ease up on his minutes (and we might need to do give him more rest just for playoffs this year).

There is a 50/50 chance Lampard will return. Some of it will depend on who is available this winter and some of it will depend on the contract.

Reactions: adam

2017 $8 mil
2018 $8 mil

Just because he currently makes $6M doesn't mean that's his going rate if no other teams are offering it. He's damaged goods, and as such may have to suck it up with a lower-valued contract to guarantee starting minutes on a stage where he can reignite his career. Even at $2M/year he's still a DP since we don't have enough Garber$ to pay it down over multiple years - so it's a moot point from the DP standpoint, just not from the total compensation equation.

Serious question, is that a joke or do you really expect it? I kind of figure that he and the club agreed to wait for his health meter to fill all the way, and now he plans to hold down R2 for the rest of the year before hanging it up.

Given how he left Chelsea rather than be squad filler and how competitive and intelligent he seems to be, I would guess he himself sees this as a last hurrah.

If there is any intention of extending him, we better ease up on his minutes (and we might need to do give him more rest just for playoffs this year).
I'm fairly serious. The chatter as he was rehabbing was that he would/may be signing a one-year extension. It may have just been twitter nonsense, etc., NYCFCfan NYCFCfan may recall the source(s). At the time, we joked about that on here as a worst case scenario. That aside, I would still think there's a good chance the one last hurrah will be more than the half-ish season he will have played this season. I'd take the better than a coin flip side that he will extend (health/team approval willing).

Orlando Barrio's goal last night:

Second leg is next Wednesday. Transfer window closes the Wednesday after that. Barrio is a poaching winger that can also play at center forward to back up Villa, i.e. exactly what we need for depth up front. An attacking four of Villa, Harrison, Barrio, and Lampard, with McNamara first off the bench and Shelton third string.

LW: Barrio; McNamara, Shelton
CF: Villa; Barrio, Shelton
RW: Harrison; McNamara, Shelton
CAM: Lampard; McNamara

I'm afraid Villa is going to tire down the stretch. The more goal scorers we have, the more likely he can take at least 15-30 minutes off every once and a while.

I'm fairly serious. The chatter as he was rehabbing was that he would/may be signing a one-year extension. It may have just been twitter nonsense, etc., NYCFCfan NYCFCfan may recall the source(s). At the time, we joked about that on here as a worst case scenario. That aside, I would still think there's a good chance the one last hurrah will be more than the half-ish season he will have played this season. I'd take the better than a coin flip side that he will extend (health/team approval willing).
Somebody has to collect the on-field garbage next season, and he's proving to be a savant at it.

Reactions: adam and JayH