Summer Transfer Window

Mix looks like he's suffering from a deficit in confidence. Only way to change that is to play more. Only way to play more is to play better. He can't play better without his confidence. Maybe he plays in Copa America and plays well, but I doubt it.
Hopefully he goes 90 tonight in Toronto. Thankfully, we've got a few lineups that can work, even with the subs starting.

Reactions: Kjbert
I would like to see Poku play in Mikey's position tonight for this one game only. I have a feeling we will face a ton of pressure and the counter attack will be on. Let's see if he can link between Bravo and Villa.

He probably won't even make the 18 though.

There is going to come a day when MLS signs a shocking name in his prime. It's only a matter of time.

I agree on Robben. Too injury prone. When healthy, he could be a Top 10 player in the world, but with our experience of borrowing Lampard, it would be a bad move.

You are spot on with your Serie A comments. I think we've seen that start with Nocerino and Giovinco.
If Manchester City poached Fat Frank Lampard to sit on the bench for a season, what makes you think they'll let Gotze sign with NYCFC on a free?

If Manchester City poached Fat Frank Lampard to sit on the bench for a season, what makes you think they'll let Gotze sign with NYCFC on a free?

I think it's very curious that he has turned down the move to Liverpool to sit on the bench for another year at Bayern and let his contract run out. Not that I'm convinced that he is coming to MLS but it seems the team he wants to ultimately play for isn't willing to pony up the transfer cash to make that move happen this summer.

I think it's very curious that he has turned down the move to Liverpool to sit on the bench for another year at Bayern and let his contract run out. Not that I'm convinced that he is coming to MLS but it seems the team he wants to ultimately play for isn't willing to pony up the transfer cash to make that move happen this summer.
What does he make a year now? He'd make $6M easy in MLS, so he conceivably could play 3-5 years and have $18-30M pretax. Stranger things have happened in soccer....

What does he make a year now? He'd make $6M easy in MLS, so he conceivably could play 3-5 years and have $18-30M pretax. Stranger things have happened in soccer....

His situation is VERY similar to Giovinco's situation 18 months ago. Gotze and Bayern are a cut above Giovinco and Juventus, but the similarities are interesting.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Seeing Giovinco not make the Euros might make him not entertain MLS. Plus the club hasn't said anything about getting rid of either Pirlo or Frank.

Frank's contract is up this summer.

Goetze is a squad player for Germany right now. But point taken on the Giovinco situation. I would imagine a decision like this for a player like Goetze would be discussed with Low beforehand?

I still wanna see Poku sold as much as I like him. It's just not working out like it should and we could probably command about a 1 to 1.5 mill fee based strictly off potential to a 2.Bundesliga side. That would give us some good GAM. BAM.

Reactions: Ulrich
The Lampard one year extension will complicate things.

I believe he is done after this season with the possibility of extending for an additional year solely for the purpose of causing this site to burst into virtual flames.

I may get a Fuck Lampard jersey and wear it to every game backwards so it's visible to everyone if that happens.

Frank's contract is up this summer.

Goetze is a squad player for Germany right now. But point taken on the Giovinco situation. I would imagine a decision like this for a player like Goetze would be discussed with Low beforehand?
A few things have happened recently, so heres what I think has happened thus far;

1. Loew and Goetze have already talked, or at least Loew let him know that he wants him to get more playing time so that he can reach his highest potential. (5/20)
  2. That conversation happened after a report came out that Ancelotti also had a conversation via phone with Goetze, telling him he would have the same role that he has now, basically as a super sub. (5/16)
  3. Thus, rumors started of Goetze to Liverpool to play under Klopp again, etc. etc.
  4. However, Goetze fired/released/got rid of his agency, hire a new agent, and also said that he wanted to stay at Bayern and show that he can be a major piece to the Bayern puzzle, fight for a spot. (5/23 or 5/24)
  5. Now everyone is all WTF is going on??
  6. To add more craziness to this peach of a situation, "Bayern Munich CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has expressed surprise at Mario Gotze's decision to stay at the club and urged the Germany international to reconsider his plans." (5/26)
Not sure if this has helped anything in the Goetze case, but just so there is some more information on it. I think a change in scenery would be best for him. Maybe a nice metropolitan location across a large expanse of water. Sign a contract similar to Nigel de Jong, becomes a DP next year. Hooray!