Supporters....

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was no tifo

I know it takes a lot of effort to do tifo well but it is a way fan bases can contribute to the atmosphere and make statements -- visually -- in support of NYCFC. Does anyone know how many times the supporters groups will work on tifo for matches this season (e.g., will it just be for a few important matches, like the NY metropolitan area derby or I-95 competitions and not the other games this season)?

Last edited:
Reactions: Errata24
This is laughable, especially considering that you (the founder/co-founder/spokesperson/whatever of the group) are a known bad seed.

Again, concerns should be raised but I don't think any SG should accuse another SG (member) of anything in these public forums. The discussions should be fact-based and the leaders of the supporters groups must resolve the issues off-line. Making generalized comments in public forums is just going to add fuel to the fire and build animosity unnecessarily.

We need to address the issues raised and then move beyond this so that we are working together to create an intimidating environment at home in the two game series against the Philadelphia Union and to support the NYCFC team; let's work as one team as well.

Last edited:
Again, concerns should be raised but I don't think any SG should accuse another SG (member) of anything in these public forums. The discussions should be fact-based and the leaders of the supporters groups must resolve the issues off-line. Making generalized comments in public forums is just going to add fuel to the fire and build animosity unnecessarily.

We need to address the issues raised and then move beyond this so that we are working together to create an intimidating environment at home in the two game series against the Philadelphia Union and to support the NYCFC team; let's work as one team as well.
My comment was not a generalization, but I guess that I should have been more specific. I've seen that guy consistently harass/criticize people and act like a dickhead on facebook and these forums for the past six months.

My comment was not a generalization, but I guess that I should have been more specific. I've seen that guy consistently harass/criticize people and act like a dickhead on facebook and these forums for the past six months.[/QUOTE
My comment was not a generalization, but I guess that I should have been more specific. I've seen that guy consistently harass/criticize people and act like a dickhead on facebook and these forums for the past six months.
show me one example

Next game take video/pictures and send to club. Simple as that. I'm not believing anything until it's on video. The allegations are ridiculous if you mean to tell me people are singing that stuff and everyone around them puts their head down and tail between their legs. I wouldn't stand for any of that and I'm white. All these pictures and videos uploaded after game of the field and game action but an entire group gets put on blast with no evidence at all?

This isn't directed at TR/HoO or anyone in particular. Just saying that if you call a group out like HoO was called out have something behind it. I know for a fact HoO has female members and for them to sing homophobic and sexist chants and stuff makes me think twice.

I hear that. I find it hard to believe that someone would start an offensive chant and there not be video of it. Someone starts vial chants of any kind by me and I'm recording it then telling them to STFU.

Reactions: johnny_f
This is laughable, especially considering that you (the founder/co-founder/spokesperson/whatever of the group) are a known bad seed.
youre gonna have to show some proof. Anyone else want to point the finger is going to have to show some evidence. I'm seeing too many users here and reddit with low post counts making serious accusations with no proof.

Oh shit. If there's a list of people who are consistently an asshole on this forum, I am sure I'll never make it off.

Wasn't there some group of "no drama" effort for people who just want to support the team? Part of the animus against Third Rail is self-inflicted solely based on their actions.

I'm not taking a side, but if you actively attack anyone who wants to do something different, don't be surprised if they don't buddy up after the fact.

Third Rail is the big group. They have all of the access and advantages. They shouldn't be bothered if they just do stuff the right way, and they shouldn't be surprised or offended if everyone doesn't want to be a part.

I've paid dues twice now, but I won't again. There's too much concern over membership roster size, and not enough about supporting the club.

As it stands, TR has no one to blame but themselves for any ill will. That said, they could easily turn it all around with a little effort.

As for the other stuff, if it happened, it's bullshit. If it didn't, it's the other kind of bullshit. So either way, it's all bullshit.

Like MTA says, if you see something, say something. People who tweet or make facebook posts about that stuff are often looking to cause grief or negative attention for others, not resolve things. Let's try not to be part of the problem by giving the purported guilty assholes any attention. Get them quietly and promptly removed, and sing a song with the nearest fellow supporters, regardless of what supporter club scarf they are wearing.

Shit guys - we're just supporting a soccer club, not nation-building or maintaining cultural or ethnic or any other kind of purity. Attention seeking comes in lots of forms. Let's try to stick to the good ones. This ain't that hard.

Last edited:
I didn't screenshot the facebook posts, so I don't know that I can provide the evidence that you'd like, but there were plenty of hypocritical statements. Regarding supporter attendance at the Super Draft, Charleston, Orlando, etc, he demanded a better showing like a child but wasn't even there himself. He attacked individuals personally about this and also accused Third Rail of stealing money from people. He thought that he could do better but is clearly failing with Hearts of Oak. Away game viewing parties in Newburgh? What a joke.

youre gonna have to show some proof. Anyone else want to point the finger is going to have to show some evidence. I'm seeing too many users here and reddit with low post counts making serious accusations with no proof.
Read my subsequent posts for details.

I didn't screenshot the facebook posts, so I don't know that I can provide the evidence that you'd like, but there were plenty of hypocritical statements. Regarding supporter attendance at the Super Draft, Charleston, Orlando, etc, he demanded a better showing like a child but wasn't even there himself. He attacked individuals personally about this and also accused Third Rail of stealing money from people. He thought that he could do better but is clearly failing with Hearts of Oak. Away game viewing parties in Newburgh? What a joke.
Again. Link to posts? Anything. This one just has more accusations.

This is the second post I've seen today from a TR member shit talking Newburgh in relation to HoO. You're right, it's laughable to have away match parties in both the city and Newburgh. Much better to only have them in the city and laugh at those bumpkins up in Orange County.

Grow up.

Again. Link to posts? Anything. This one just has more accusations.
Unfortunately, I can't link to facebook posts from months ago that the supreme douchenozzle dickhead Johnny Flanagan has probably deleted because he's blocked me like an insecure child.

This is the second post I've seen today from a TR member shit talking Newburgh in relation to HoO. You're right, it's laughable to have away match parties in both the city and Newburgh. Much better to only have them in the city and laugh at those bumpkins up in Orange County.

Grow up.
Isn't Orange County in California? Is Syracuse in either Orange County? Their mascot is the Orange, right?

Again with out pointing any fingers. What I got from this was some assholes were talking shit. One SG blamed another group and then others added to the fire shit talking on face book. Now it's my personal view but I haven't liked what I've seen from some members from one particular group. You can't judge a group by a few thorns in your side but this may be the icing on the cake to not continue to support them.

Status
Not open for further replies.