Supporters....

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Hearts of Oak what's going on? I get that a lot of you members don't like the third rail but this is making us look bad. Whatever beef you guys have both you AND third rail need to work to drop. We aren't the south ward here.
Why do you assume it's us who started anything, we were too busy singing Happy Birthday to people in our section : )

Thanks for coming to give your side of the story johnny_f johnny_f
This situation needs to be adressed, especially if you know that these clowns are season ticket holders. Get a hold of someone in the FO and have them aware of the issue. During the next match, point out any of this nonsense to security so they can hopefully kick these people out and hopefully ban them afterwards.

It's being dealt with, and I can assure you that no HoO members are involved.

Thanks for listening, man. It's hard to cut through the bullshit.

The racist chant was heard from members of the third rail. I honestly don't give two shits about any of it. But let it be clear that hoo has nothing to do with this. This person put up an earlier post and was a bit more clear on it.

I don't care who it was from, there's no place for it. I wasn't inplying that is was HoO, I can only go by what I read. I'm glad those from HoO are telling their side of the story. I don't think there is a place for infighting between SGs, regardless of affiliation. It's a bad look all around.

Rox, the problem is - - - at yesterday's match, HoO did NOTHING out of line, regarding support of the club.

We've acted. Our stance is to currently do our own thing, and that's it.

The story should be a sell-out in the snow. Let's not give them something else to talk about again. Let's not live up (down) to everyone else's stereotypes about New Yorkers. Let's not be the freakin purple ruckus or whatever they are called. Hopefully it's a few bad apples whoever they are responsible for the really awful stuff and it's an aberration, and the stupid inter-SG stuff can stop as well. Let's have fun rooting on our team together.

This is all bad. This SHOULD NOT BE HAPPENING!

Third Rail needs to act. Hearts of Oak needs to act. Everyone sitting in those sections needs to act.

This is disgusting.
I think that the LEADERS of each respective SG need to take a proactive approach to weeding out the bad seeds within their own groups........ This is a much more effective approach then the "he said, she said," conundrum and will create a lot less animosity between SGs in the long run.

While I am a Third Rail member my season tickets are on the other side on the pitch so I can't comment from a personal experience. However, if these issues continue and are not resolved from within I will no longer support ANY SG and continue to support the team in general. Just my .02 cents.....

Last edited:
I expressed this sentiment on reddit, and I feel it belongs here:

The supporters section sets the tone for the rest of the stadium. I haven't sat there yet, but I have been to the past two matches. You guys might not realize this because you're in the hub of the noise, but when the supporters section gets a chant going together, it spreads. Without you, the stadium is quiet. Individuals can try to get things going, but we are nothing without the noise coming from those bleachers in left center. More than avoiding contentious circumstances within supporters groups, your unity is imperative to the overall experience of the stadium. So get your act together because what you can provide to ALL the fans of NYCFC is way more important than any petty high school crap.

This is just horrible. I've notified the team. They need to get involved now.

I'm pretty certain they know what's happening there. And that was not in 238.

The problem that is going to occur is if everyone notifies everybody about everything, (I'm not talking about the racist/homophobic stuff... that's awful. I'm speaking about everything, in general).... it's going to add up to an extremely watered-down supporter section.

Reactions: adam and 413Blue
I think that the LEADERS of each respective SG need to take a proactive approach to weeding out the bad seeds within their own groups........ This is a much more effective approach then the "he said, she said," conundrum and will create a lot less animosity between SGs in the long run.

We have 30 members that have season tickets. We don't have bad seeds, courtesy of our membership process. Like I said, come on over to YB&G before a match, and see it for yourself.

Reactions: adam
We have 30 members that have season tickets. We don't have bad seeds, courtesy of our membership process. Like I said, come on over to YB&G before a match, and see it for yourself.
johnny_f... I was not picking on any group in particular!!! Just commenting in general. I like that you have a vetting process for HoO. I will stop by YB&G before the April 16 match. :)

We don't have bad seeds, courtesy of our membership process.

Not true. I saw one of your members almost get himself into a world of shit yesterday. I stopped him from doing so. I'm not going to call him out because I spoke to him afterwards and he was much more reserved. Blame it on alcohol or whatever but it could have been a bad situation.

WE ALL have the responsibility to make this a great experience. Top down approach. Whoever the founders of HoO are, they need to make a statement. Same for Chance and the TR board. Fix this shit!

This shouldn't be about pointing fingers. I support several SG's. Bottom line is this should not happen. We are there for our team. If it was from a group the group should take care if it. If they can't then the FO needs to step in. Let's not point fingers at groups, it's the individual's that need to be dealt with.

Thanks to the members that have spoken up and voiced your opinion and concerns also.

This shouldn't be about pointing fingers. I support several SG's. Bottom line is this should not happen. We are there for our team. If it was from a group the group should take care if it. If they can't then the FO needs to step in. Let's not point fingers at groups, it's the individual's that need to be dealt with.

Thanks to the members that have spoken up and voiced your opinion and concerns also.
+1000

Reactions: JayH

Johnny hit it spot on. HoO got a lot of slack about its membership process. But what it did was not open the gates to anyone who pays for a scarf or tshirt. Because you know racists and homophobes have credit cards to buy things too. As an openly Jewish member of HoO (such an odd sentiment) we have no neo-nazis or skinheads thanks to the application process.

If this is a real problem it needs to be addressed ASAP. But by the people and group responsible and harboring these cretins. The TR needs to get its shit together and maybe and take a serious look at who they have become as a group.

I'm pretty certain they know what's happening there. And that was not in 238.

The problem that is going to occur is if everyone notifies everybody about everything, (I'm not talking about the racist/homophobic stuff... that's awful. I'm speaking about everything, in general).... it's going to add up to an extremely watered-down supporter section.

I've been reporting the racist and homophobic crap I've been reading about and I told them it was section 237. This shit needs to end, period, and I hope all the folks in the supporter sections call these scumbags out when stuff like this happens. No amount of this behavior should be tolerated. If you let it slide then you're part of the problem.

Thank you for not subjecting yourself to the bandwagon effect. Groups need to take responsibility for their own (which is currently occurring on HoO's end, but people need to get both sides of the story. There are no reasons to jump on the bandwagon unless you were there.

Just because you "heard it" from your mother's sister's cousin's uncle's brother's dog doesn't mean that you know exactly what happened. I for one will never condone violence or aggressive actions towards others. There are two sides to the story which need to be corroborated.

Status
Not open for further replies.