Supporters....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure how Hearts of Oak is failing. We had a great time pre match with members and non members of all the SG. We had lots of energy during the match despite our relative numbers and shit weather. And then topped it off with a great post match at the Dugout with all the supporters united.

It is going to happen that personalities clash in any group, large or small. You don't like someone for whatever reason, fine. But to call a group a failure when clearly you have a serious ax to grind with one person is childish. Finally, this so called incident has been explained ad nauseum across the platforms but for some reason facts are not accepted.
For anyone interested, HoO meets at Yankee Bar and Grill prematch. If you come looking for "failure" you will be sorely disappointed.

as for the whole HoO thing keep in mind that they do not have 238 filled entirely whats to say it wasn't just some random people with no affiliation that were starting shit. Let's not be quick to point fingers. As for the racist chants...just get the fuck out of here with that. Pieces of shit. Theres no room for that in this sport and I for one wont tolerate racism.

Right.

We have about 30 season ticket holders in 238 right now.

Can you imagine the irony if the TR guys fueling the fire, were complaining about the actions of TR members in 238?
Unfortunately, I can't link to facebook posts from months ago that the supreme douchenozzle dickhead Johnny Flanagan has probably deleted because he's blocked me like an insecure child.

I didn't block anyone.

Come to Yankee Bar & Grill and see for yourself. Ask any of the Hearts of Oak members that have met me, what they think of me. Nobody is forcing our members to be members. They're in our SG for a reason.

I don't know if it's possible to have more fun than we've had the last few events at YB&G.

Regarding FB comments in the past? Really? I voiced concerns when I was a member. After I left TR, for my own reasons, I've focused on our group.

I've defended HoO publicly, but I've never sought out to publicly tarnish TR's name. There's nothing to benefit from that as a NYCFC supporter.

Midas Mulligan said:
Part of the animus against Third Rail is self-inflicted solely based on their actions. As it stands, TR has no one to blame but themselves for any ill will.

These two statements seem contradictory. If part of the animus is self-inflicted, how can TR be 100% to blame for any ill will against them? Seems illogical to me. But I will give you TR definitely has some work to do on its image, its relations with other SG/SCs, and promotion of game day experience as a whole. But I sincerely think the higher ups get that and are really trying to work on all of this.

I agree re: above about all the shit talking that is not actually backed up by the magical notion of evidence, circumstantial or otherwise. Sorry KyleWilkinson, you aren't helping the conversation with your posts. If you have such a serious problem with Johnny Flanagan, maybe you and him need to meet up, clear the air, shake hands, have a beer, and bury this shit - maybe take a trip on up to Newburgh! And if you have some issue with me saying this to you over the internet, just tell me when and where and I will meet up with you to talk this out (note: this is not a threat in any way shape or form; this is a serious invitation to discuss things like adults). This is coming from a TR member. Who is also a BBSC member. Who is also a forum member. Who also supports this football club called, N...Y...C...F...C - that's the name, right? If I had never heard of the club and read this thread, I would think this is just a (surprise!) testosterone driven pissing contest about which supporters are jerks/not jerks, who is to blame for being a bad supporter v. a good supporter on Saturday, who is a dick and who isn't a dick, and so on and so forth. Which is just pathetic.

I didn't screenshot the facebook posts, so I don't know that I can provide the evidence that you'd like, but there were plenty of hypocritical statements. Regarding supporter attendance at the Super Draft, Charleston, Orlando, etc, he demanded a better showing like a child but wasn't even there himself. He attacked individuals personally about this and also accused Third Rail of stealing money from people. He thought that he could do better but is clearly failing with Hearts of Oak. Away game viewing parties in Newburgh? What a joke.

This is all a bit far fetched. I have read through the comments of the Third Rail facebook page (as they were happening) and remember every single instance you were talking about. I saw a person who (like many of us) was displeased with the way TR was running things and, specifically, getting the word out about events. If you boast over 1700 members (or whatever the case may be) why were they struggling to get people to events? Poor communication, plain and simple. Any time someone makes a criticism they are brandished as someone who doesn't know what they are talking about and chastised for it. He was frustrated, just like many of us are, which is also why he decided to do his own thing. I don't see an issue with that and I don't see why TR members need to get into a hissy fit because there's another group around. But I guess it ties into my next point.

The real issue here is incessant name calling and this college frat boy attitude that has seemed to just dominate the mindset of many members. As we speak, people are cursing out Johnny behind his back. The guy can't even read the comments people are posting. Is that the way to get unity behind the team and fellow supporters? Seems completely ridiculous to me. This is not my battle. I don't give two shits about either supporters group at this point because of this petty bullshit. Turn people away and show how petty these groups are. If you guys put this much work into chants and atmosphere I might be able to actually hear you guys.

Why would Red Bull fans waste their time to "infiltrate" your supporters groups? I can assure you that the racist, neo nazi skins that are from S. America and yes we know them have been beaten down and they lasted about 20 mins at RBA. You guys are really pathetic for insinuating that RB supporters would waste their time coming over to sing Nazi and homophobic songs at some second rate Man Chiteh satelite club playing in a baseball stadium with horrible site lines and shit atmosphere...

Hey, you made it after all!

Reactions: adam and johnny_f
I'm not going to get into this but "cursing him behind his back" is just flatly inaccurate. The same guy is posting the same things here.

That's how this stuff perpetuates.

I'm not going to get into this but "cursing him behind his back" is just flatly inaccurate. The same guy is posting the same things here.

That's how this stuff perpetuates.

This was before comments were made here and I didn't realize it was the same person until it was pointed out. Either way, I agree, and I've spent too much time on this particular topic and I'm done with it. Far more important matters to discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.