The 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs

i dunno about you guys... but this game is definitely the most boring out of all the playoff games this weekend. it just seems slow... and just doesn't look pretty to watch.

Also, the turf is coming up where they replaced spots. Booo

Last edited:
Reactions: FootyLovin
Just so glad Redbull are out. That's my second biggest wish going into any MLS season. 1 we win MLS cup 2 they don't lol. I did catch the game from the 70 something minute though the extra time and it was pretty exciting . I don't generally watch MLS as a neutral though I suppose since I was hardcore rooting against RB it's not watching as a neutral .

i dunno about you guys... but this game is definitely the most boring out of all the playoff games this weekend. it just seems slow... and just doesn't look pretty to watch.
Much better than Toronto-DC which was unwatchable for 92 minutes, then had one great moment before all drama completely disappeared.

We got a goal and Alessandrini came on. I think it’s going to open up some now.

Reactions: Victors87
F41AD7EA-6E06-4C03-A526-F058EB283093.jpeg

Although it was fun watching the Red Fools implode, I was kind of hoping that they would advance. It would have been fun to watch them press the hell out of Atlanta's depleted back line - although Armas has screwed up the formula so much it's hard to know what would have happened.

Although I am looking forward to el Trafico, I felt bad for Minnesota. I think they had the better of play for most of the game but simply couldn't get anything done in the final third. Their fans were amazing and really deserved a better ending.

based on the little i saw, minnesota messed up three/ four clear chances first half and got punished for it.

sucks that LAFC/ LAG gonna be like at 11PM on a weeknight, i got work early next day...lol

EDIT: Also why was Quintero not starting? was he injured?

Last edited:
Reactions: barnburner13
If LAG beat LAFC, there won’t be a single West team left that scares me.
I don't know. The Galaxy would still scare me a bit. Sure they give up a ton of goals, but with Pavon added late and now Alessandrini back, they could put out quite a scary squad that could race out to some 5-4 type games.

Curtin really feels like he can get Philly playing steady enough to really make ATL work for a W, even in ATL. They may be down some important players, though.

I don't know. The Galaxy would still scare me a bit. Sure they give up a ton of goals, but with Pavon added late and now Alessandrini back, they could put out quite a scary squad that could race out to some 5-4 type games.

even yesterday if Minnesota was even decent in front of goal it would of been like 3-0 halftime. they had no striker. quintero was out of starting XI for some reason. they can pull out a goal out of their ass, but at times they suffered bad in the wings.....which technically is our strength.

also, i keep reading that robles is leaving NJRB? is this true? apparently his post game interview was him thanking the organization etc.

even yesterday if Minnesota was even decent in front of goal it would of been like 3-0 halftime. they had no striker. quintero was out of starting XI for some reason. they can pull out a goal out of their ass, but at times they suffered bad in the wings.....which technically is our strength.

also, i keep reading that robles is leaving NJRB? is this true? apparently his post game interview was him thanking the organization etc.
Film career in LA’s valley? That stache was interesting considering it’s not yet Movember

One thing I also just realized this morning. There has been a ton of applauding the new playoff format for the single elimination games. And when the games were as exciting as they were this past weekend, it definitely helps.

But, realistically, nothing has changed yet. The first round of games were always single elimination. Its when we get to the conference semi-finals that they had been home/away series in the past that are now single elimination. There is just one more playoff game in each conference for the first round this time around.

One thing I also just realized this morning. There has been a ton of applauding the new playoff format for the single elimination games. And when the games were as exciting as they were this past weekend, it definitely helps.

But, realistically, nothing has changed yet. The first round of games were always single elimination. Its when we get to the conference semi-finals that they had been home/away series in the past that are now single elimination. There is just one more playoff game in each conference for the first round this time around.

crazy that a good amount of people on reddit say " i want the two legs back" but as others mentioned. its the exact same format just more games for the first round.

Reactions: SoupInNYC