The Addiction Of Ny

"The New York State Department of Transportation defines its "downstate region" as including Dutchess and Orange counties, and areas east and south."

Not Upstate haha *Drops Mic*

And I discussed this theory of how NYC became the "Worlds Capitol" through my Art History classes in college. It's really cause NYC became a Artistic Hub and then drew in other aspects that built the cities allure beyond what's already there.

Reactions: einwindir
"The New York State Department of Transportation defines its "downstate region" as including Dutchess and Orange counties, and areas east and south."

Not Upstate haha *Drops Mic*

And I discussed this theory of how NYC became the "Worlds Capitol" through my Art History classes in college. It's really cause NYC became a Artistic Hub and then drew in other aspects that built the cities allure beyond what's already there.
Though you may be downstate, your not New York City. And if you live north of city lines, then yes, you are upstate because you are literally upstate.

Last edited:
Why anyone would want to brag about living in the overcrowded, dirty city is beyond me. Live there if you must for work, otherwise its expensive, crowded and everything you do is a hassle.

Why anyone would want to brag about living in the overcrowded, dirty city is beyond me. Live there if you must for work, otherwise its expensive, crowded and everything you do is a hassle.
Because its better than living in the suburbs. Id rather live in a apartment than a house in LI. theres more people

Which is why northern Queens (CP,Whitestone, Bayside) is perfect! Convenience of the city without the headaches.

Reactions: CP_Scouse