The Next 5 Years

mcfc9320group

Registered
Nov 9, 2015
Hiya guys i'm sorry to start another thread but i'm honestly interested in NYCFC and just as importantly get to know your opinions on things that I can't see after searching etc.

So now the first season is over and considering it's a brand new setup with new players in and had to gel I think the first season was a success and I expect next season to very a very successful one but what I would like to know is where do you think the club will be in the next 5 years?

If you stop to think about things the club is a clean bit of canvas and the possibilities are endless for this club with the backing and i'm certain the mistakes of other MLS clubs will be taken advantage of and you will see some of the big football stars across Europe will choose here over other MLS clubs to not only play with some of the great players already here but for the potential this club has to be THE very best in the MLS because with the resources the club has it will be quite easy to fast track and catch some of the established clubs up.

How do you see the next 5 years going ?

Reactions: einwindir
Hiya guys i'm sorry to start another thread but i'm honestly interested in NYCFC and just as importantly get to know your opinions on things that I can't see after searching etc.

So now the first season is over and considering it's a brand new setup with new players in and had to gel I think the first season was a success and I expect next season to very a very successful one but what I would like to know is where do you think the club will be in the next 5 years?

If you stop to think about things the club is a clean bit of canvas and the possibilities are endless for this club with the backing and i'm certain the mistakes of other MLS clubs will be taken advantage of and you will see some of the big football stars across Europe will choose here over other MLS clubs to not only play with some of the great players already here but for the potential this club has to be THE very best in the MLS because with the resources the club has it will be quite easy to fast track and catch some of the established clubs up.

How do you see the next 5 years going ?
Honestly I think that in the Next five year MLS will look to resemble the other salary cap leagues mostly the NHL, and look to get it's top talent more for the Americas than for Europe. Also try to lure Pan-American talent in Europe. To be a destination for Pan-American talent.

My hope is that in 5 years everyone on this forum will know how to use a comma.
why,s that?

Also though....

In five years, playing good football; maybe knowing where we might be playing (what will we get first, NYCFC stadium or 2nd Avenue subway line?); looking to bring through some young players; trophy or two in the bag; even more people going to see the games and hopefully cheaper beer.

why,s that?

Also though....

In five years, playing good football; maybe knowing where we might be playing (what will we get first, NYCFC stadium or 2nd Avenue subway line?); looking to bring through some young players; trophy or two in the bag; even more people going to see the games and hopefully cheaper beer.
Yes' cheaper beer.... or at least for that price some better beer. Agree with everything else too.

Maybe by then, we'll also know who was directly responsible for signing Mendoza. That may be the biggest head-scratcher of the initial roster.

Continuity, a trademark style of play that you can recognize as NYCFC play, a playoff streak, younger DPs with an emphasis on team fit (I'm not knocking our current DPs), stadium in progress, steady crowds even after the novelty has worn off, seamless relationship and synergy between CFG and NYC, less blips on all fronts, and more mainstream recognition of soccer and the team in NYC.

Really excited about playing in our brand new 35,000 seat stadium on Staten Island.

Seriously I think with the benefits of the NYC Youth Club homegrown feeders and the ability to attract and develop young talent NYCFC is going to have a successful mix of superstars and exciting young players that will provide us depth to compete everywhere, be fun to watch and we will be winning hardware.

Reactions: JayH
3 US Open Titles, 4 Supporter Shields, 2 MLS Cups, 1 CONCACAF Champions League. And one year is a treble.
A 25K+ stadium in NYC near public transportation.
More great DPs and young players making up the squad.
A successful and strong academy program and USL team.
Always beat the Red Bulls.

Bill de Blasio is not reelected mayor of New York.

3 US Open Titles, 4 Supporter Shields, 2 MLS Cups, 1 CONCACAF Champions League. And one year is a treble.
A 25K+ stadium in NYC near public transportation.
More great DPs and young players making up the squad.
A successful and strong academy program and USL team.
Always beat the Red Bulls.

Bill de Blasio is not reelected mayor of New York.
The first 5 lines are hypothetical and may/may not happen - but I hope they do.

The last line is guaranteed. I'm pretty sure that man came over from RSL too.

Reactions: TabascoDiva
Continuity, a trademark style of play that you can recognize as NYCFC play, a playoff streak, younger DPs with an emphasis on team fit (I'm not knocking our current DPs), stadium in progress, steady crowds even after the novelty has worn off, seamless relationship and synergy between CFG and NYC, less blips on all fronts, and more mainstream recognition of soccer and the team in NYC.
I'm surprised you didn't drop the mike... that is pretty much all there is to say.

Reactions: JayH and Goodfella
I think you are onto something with your comment about Mix. Where we are in 5 years depends a lot on how our core group of young players develops and whether they are still with the team. If the majority of Poku, Mullins, Shelton, Mix, Mena, etc. have developed, stayed healthy and are still with team, that would bode well. Same goes true for other young players that we will add in this off season. I know we will have quality DPs, but that core supporting group will be the differentiator.

My hope for what we will see 5 years from now:
1. We have a nice core players who we developed over time like Mix, Poku and Shelton as others have said.
2. We have a more balanced mixture of DPs from an age standpoint. I think we can always have 1-2 DPs like the guys we have now but hopefully we will also start complementing them with 1-2 younger DPs.

My one random prediction
1. In the next 5 years one of the high profile DPs will be a player with MCFC connections. CFG leadership with "grow the brand" ambitions could not have walked around our stadium this year seeing all the Chelsea, Barca and Juve shirts without thinking we need to get one of our aging superstars here at some point.

Unfortunately I agree that it will most likely be Yaya. I'm not excited about it either. I think Sterling and Aguero are both too young for us to expect to see any time soon. Silva currently 29 would be a nice option in a few years. I think his game will age well so even if he came over at 32+ I think he could have a nice impact with his passing and vision.

Reactions: Christopher Jee