• THE City

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Gotham Blues

Votes: 15 13.9%
  • The 5 Boroughs

Votes: 5 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
to be honest i won't call the team skynet - but its fun because it was made up on here ... also T2 was a great flick

Skynet -- not a fan. I won't stop anyone from saying it but I will look at them funny.

0e23972a_905150-1920x1200-skynetj.jpeg

Skynet__by_maverickzack.jpg

Reactions: franchise646
I was over on city voice they're doing a poll for the 12th man names and someone named "cease the day" came up with what I think is an awesome name:

BLUE HUSTLE!!!

I voted City. The whole point of a nickname is that it is quick and easy to say, as an alternative to a longer more formal name. New York City would be my second choice but that's a mouthful, and it is also just the name of the city. Not specific to the soccer team. NYC has the same problems.

Wait, you folks are serious about SkyNet? I thought it was a joke. I don't get it, honestly.
At first we where kidding about it, cause I don't know if you saw on the chat, NYC are going to be made the bad guys n matter what and we had a terminator on the team. Then we were also talking about the problem with the jersey isn't that it's sky blue, its that they look like Man City's Adidas jerseys, the conversation then became about Sky blue bad guys SkyNet, and there are people that really like it. The Empire of the 21st century or SkyNet.

At first we where kidding about it, cause I don't know if you saw on the chat, NYC are going to be made the bad guys n matter what and we had a terminator on the team. Then we were also talking about the problem with the jersey isn't that it's sky blue, its that they look like Man City's Adidas jerseys, the conversation then became about Sky blue bad guys SkyNet, and there are people that really like it. The Empire of the 21st century or SkyNet.

Yeah, that still makes no sense to me.

I like it, felt corny at first, but grows on you. Unique as hell too.

Reactions: franchise646
Not sure what you are saying, im saying i like it and its unique.
Sorry, I was agreeing with you as well. I just don't understand why so many on here want NYCFC to be the "Blues" or "City" like that would some how uniquely brand this club.

SkyNet is at least something that was independently and organically created (ironic term for this nick).

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
Think about this as entry music or boom box music, or walking through the parking lot music or whatever -