Things To Come (hopefully)

Can you please confine that kinda bromance flashback to yourself? Nobody except ManC fans cares about the sentiments in the Bluemoon forum in 2008. Sorry if this comes around rude, but other supporters are not parading their affiliations into this NYC forum either. Just because we use the same laundry and bank, that doesn't give you the keys to the house.
Other supporters don't support a club that shares ownership with little brother in NYC

einwindir einwindir can you please answer my questions I inboxed you? you were quick to remove my posts & make accusations. Please show as much urgency in answering my questions.
Cheers

For my part Ahab, I do not expect people not to question CFG, the owners etc that can be debated if and when people want.
For me it is the almost personal attacks because most topics I get involved in link the Group. I am still learning about MLS, MLS players, MLS managers etc, and I do not feel I can contribute in a worthwhile manner to those debates yet.

But whenever I contribute anything the usual suspects jump on me for supporting both MCFC and NYCFC and I end up defending my position.

I am sorry to those of you who feel this is a pro CFG v anti CFG argument. .. it was never meant to be that way from my side

Agreed. I've noticed that you've been one of the more reasonable voices, but in general on these threads so many people jump to the extreme one-or-the-other view, which usually includes personal attacks, patronizing statements/questions, and gets everyone riled up. Then we end up with debacles like this weekend, where everyone is fighting fire with fire.

einwindir einwindir can you please answer my questions I inboxed you? you were quick to remove my posts & make accusations. Please show as much urgency in answering my questions.
Cheers

I don't know what questions you asked in your PM's, but maybe the reason people are so sensitive is because your tone is so inflammatory. Calling others ignorant, sensitive and dumb is a sure way to create problems.

Agreed. I've noticed that you've been one of the more reasonable voices, but in general on these threads so many people jump to the extreme one-or-the-other view, which usually includes personal attacks, patronizing statements/questions, and gets everyone riled up. Then we end up with debacles like this weekend, where everyone is fighting fire with fire.

I don't know what questions you asked in your PM's, but maybe the reason people are so sensitive is because your tone is so inflammatory. Calling others ignorant, sensitive and dumb is a sure way to create problems.
Yet no one has addressed the original insults that prompted my response. As always, one sided moderation.

Cheers
I can't sit on these threads for hours. Please, if you have a problem with a post then report it.
Yet no one has addressed the original insults that prompted my response. As always, one sided moderation.

For my part Ahab, I do not expect people not to question CFG, the owners etc that can be debated if and when people want.
For me it is the almost personal attacks because most topics I get involved in link the Group. I am still learning about MLS, MLS players, MLS managers etc, and I do not feel I can contribute in a worthwhile manner to those debates yet.

But whenever I contribute anything the usual suspects jump on me for supporting both MCFC and NYCFC and I end up defending my position.

I am sorry to those of you who feel this is a pro CFG v anti CFG argument. .. it was never meant to be that way from my side
I think the people on here who are critical of our support towards CFG get twisted up by their loyalties to other clubs. We've been through the takeover and know how good we have it so we're inclined to believe in our owner and support them vehemently. The banner at the Etihad thanking Sheikh Mansour is testament of our love and respect to someone who has turned MCFC into a world class club.

The same thing will happen here one day I think. People will see that while yes, there can be missteps along the way, the path is going to lead to glory and NYCFC will be the jewel of the MLS.

Tbh guys you all know I'm an MCFC fan first and foremost, but bar loan moves for NYCFC I just try and keep out of this stuff. I'm here to support NYCFC. Infact I've even had an argument with an MCFC fan on here, though he can hardly be a true fan; more a troll.

Guys, this has got to stop. It really has. This is not what I want to be dealing with when I get home from a long day at work with a headache, and I'm pretty sure most of you aren't here just for the chance to have arguments with each other either.

First things first. I'm moving this whole thread to Football Discussion. I'd like to suggest it stay here under clear instruction to keep the topic on the future of NYCFC's academy, but I just don't see it happening - and that's not meant as a dig at everyone on here, it's just a reflection of how I see conversations going given the way the tone has been set. If you want to discuss a future NYCFC academy, someone can make a thread for it, and this one can remain where discussion of Manchester and CFG is more expected.

Much as I am tempted to just delete the thread after my warning in the Lampard thread, I don't want to do that and so I'm not. I'll allow it to keep running on the same edict as I stated 48 hours ago in that thread - if it stays on topic and stays calm, it's alright. If it bubbles up again, it's just going to get locked.

grandsolo grandsolo . Please note that you are now not the only person to have had posts removed. I've gone through this thread deleting the odd post and removed anything aggressive. I would have removed more, but deleting some things would've made the thread make no sense so where necessary I kept some of the more mild stuff. I didn't want to have to do this, and I took out some stuff I'd normally have allowed, but in order to be consistent across the board and give this thread a chance at continuing, I did what was necessary.

This thread can remain open, as indicated, on two conditions - it stays on topic (that being MCFC or NYCFC's academies) and it stays civil. If it breaks either of those for more than the odd couple of posts, it's just going to be permanently locked, because we've had this CFG argument too many times and I'm not going to allow it to constantly fester. If the odd post does start flaring up, it will probably just be deleted, regardless of which side of the debate it's on, because seriously, this has got to stop.

We existed happily as a forum for a good few months without any of this. Let's get back to this. I don't want to be arbitrary and have to just jump in every time I see anything which might possibly maybe get a negative reaction, but if this keeps happening, that's the way it's going to end up.

Reactions: JCizzle
Look, we should be happy about MCFC's new training facility. Not only will NYCFC be able to do some training there, a lot of the academy kids who will be sent from MCFC to NYCFC will be training there. So yes, this is relevant to a NYCFC board. It's also relevant in highlighting the potential kinds of investment CFG will be making here.

I show you guys this because I hope it is what you can expect.
I hope you get the full package we got at MCFC. I want NYCFC to grow to be the best MLS team, and want to show you what fantastic owners you have. We were sceptical back in 2008 when we got took over. Now most of us are behind the Sheik, I hope this will help you understand why I am so pro Mansour and CFG.

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=308386

You will probably have this within a decade, give CFG, and Mansour a chance !!!
Well said MrE. You said nothing wrong and offering your well meaning perspective. NYCFC is in fact owned in part from factions of MCFC and the NY Yankees. One can be a fan of NYC and another EPL team or baseball team.

Give the owners a shot, heck wouldn't we like to see titles that have been won in both Man City and NY Yankees?

Figure if we all are supporting NYCFC, aren't we all part of the 'same team' and can tolerate differences of opinion?

Reactions: MrE
Guys, this has got to stop. It really has. This is not what I want to be dealing with when I get home from a long day at work with a headache, and I'm pretty sure most of you aren't here just for the chance to have arguments with each other either...

We existed happily as a forum for a good few months without any of this. Let's get back to this. I don't want to be arbitrary and have to just jump in every time I see anything which might possibly maybe get a negative reaction, but if this keeps happening, that's the way it's going to end up.

You are 1000% right. It started with an innocent comment and went off the rails. Let's all be excited for the team, whatever differences of opinion people have.

Reactions: MrE and einwindir
So does anyone think that CFG might make NYCFC its crown jewel as opposed to MC? I mean NYC is 10 times the city Manchester is. Sure they have 100 years of tradition, and I don't mean this in 10 years. But if MLS really opened up to investment, wouldn't CFG invest MORE in NYC than Manchester?

Just thinking, wondering what you cats think.

So does anyone think that CFG might make NYCFC its crown jewel as opposed to MC? I mean NYC is 10 times the city Manchester is. Sure they have 100 years of tradition, and I don't mean this in 10 years. But if MLS really opened up to investment, wouldn't CFG invest MORE in NYC than Manchester?

Yea eventually. I say if Manchester City does not win a Champions League tittle, they might move toward NYC FC as they have more to gain. Once a stadium is built in NYC, it will show that they mean business. And that whenever soccer is mentioned NYC FC comes to mind, and whenever Football abroad is mentioned they will think of the sleeping giant that awoke, and how the US (MLS) is in the top 10 leagues in world maybe even top 5. The sport is growing in this country. Maybe 20 years from now its uo there with the NFL, and the MLS final will be second/third watched final after superbowl or NBA finals. And once that $$$ starts coming in everyone will want to come to America...(well most ppl want to, but not prime soccer players)

It's hard to tell now as I don't know what exactly CFG's intentions are. If they are looking to eventually build profitable teams then I think it could totally be a possibility if the sport ever blew up here. In terms of sponsorships there isn't a country that can compete with the US. Which is why all the big European teams are doing everything they can to build a presence over here.

If they don't care about money at all, and this is just about the prestige of being a soccer owner, then I'm not sure. It's hard to top a team annually fighting in CL. Hopefully the Copa Libertadores grows to the point of being a legitimate rival to Champion's League. Because I think a strong continental league is what is largely holding back the America's from Europe. And CCL is a joke.

I think Magnus is correct

I think in a few years when MLS is well established and without salary caps it becomes the top league in the world.
Look where the best players go now to "retire".[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Premier League is still one of the top leagues in the world. Not saying MLS won't rise in the ranks. It's already better than it was 10 years ago. If CFG will invest more in NYC it'll be either because the time and investment in MC ran its course, or they are truly looking to dominate in this league, or maybe because they have so much money they can split it fairly even. Don't see it because NYC is somehow 10x the city, which is an ethnocentric view to compare cities and may be insulting to anyone living in the Manchester area. In comparision, not only is Manchester not the metropolis London is over there, MCFC is the little brother to Man U with much less success, yet the owners invested heavily to make it a dominate power.

Good topic, I think they will give NYCFC a true effort to see it succeed, regardless of what is going on in little ole Manchester, England.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrE