Things To Come (hopefully)

Now you've gone and ruined a good thread with good old fashioned truth. Tsk tsk

Dont Tsk Tsk me, it is provocative, and I will end up banned as I already have a warning as a result of this thread !!!
Premier League is still one of the top leagues in the world. Not saying MLS won't rise in the ranks. It's already better than it was 10 years ago. If CFG will invest more in NYC it'll be either because the time and investment in MC ran its course, or they are truly looking to dominate in this league, or maybe because they have so much money they can split it fairly even. Don't see it because NYC is somehow 10x the city, which is an ethnocentric view to compare cities and may be insulting to anyone living in the Manchester area. In comparision, not only is Manchester is not the metropolis London is over there, MCFC is the little brother to Man U with much less success, yet the owners invested heavily to make it a dominate power.

Good topic, I think they will give NYCFC a true effort to see it succeed, regardless of what is going on in little ole Manchester, England.

I have completely ignored the Magnus reply because I am well aware of the reaction he wants, but then again please dont call us little brother to Man U either because if we were ever related (which we are not, we do not even play in the same City (ala Red Bulls) it would be akin to the rapist uncle you disowned years ago

Dont Tsk Tsk me, it is provocative, and I will end up banned as I already have a warning as a result of this thread !!!

I have completely ignored the Magnus reply because I am well aware of the reaction he wants, but then again please dont call us little brother to Man U either because if we were ever related (which we are not, we do not even play in the same City (ala Red Bulls) it would be akin to the rapist uncle you disowned years ago

I'm trying to make sense of the "we's" and "us's" in your post, since this is, you know a NYCFC board. "We" usually refers to NYCFC here.

Little brother is a simple term for the relation of the two teams in the same city, area. It's a figure of speech. Not related as in blood relations. wow. Not sure of any uncle reference is supposed to mean. Clearly there are two teams in Manchester, ala 2 baseball teams in NY. MC doesn't have the history of Man U but that's ok, City is carving new history.

Little brother is a simple term for the relation of the two teams in the same city, area. It's a figure of speech. Not related as in blood relations. wow. Not sure of any uncle reference is supposed to mean. Clearly there are two teams in Manchester, ala 2 baseball teams in NY. MC doesn't have the history of Man U but that's ok, City is carving new history.

Honestly there is only one team in Manchester, The other plays outside the City borders

So does anyone think that CFG might make NYCFC its crown jewel as opposed to MC? I mean NYC is 10 times the city Manchester is. Sure they have 100 years of tradition, and I don't mean this in 10 years. But if MLS really opened up to investment, wouldn't CFG invest MORE in NYC than Manchester?

Just thinking, wondering what you cats think.
I can see where profit can be made here in the states as it's an untapped market. I don't know that CFG will ever move it's focus from MCFC simply because it's their biggest product by far and maintaining and building that will only lead to more opportunities and marketing options for NYCFC and other sister clubs.

MLS will have to grow significantly to allow NYCFC to come close to what MCFC can do. Champions League and Premier League money alone have to be the biggest jewel in our vault.

Premier League is still one of the top leagues in the world. Not saying MLS won't rise in the ranks. It's already better than it was 10 years ago. If CFG will invest more in NYC it'll be either because the time and investment in MC ran its course, or they are truly looking to dominate in this league, or maybe because they have so much money they can split it fairly even. Don't see it because NYC is somehow 10x the city, which is an ethnocentric view to compare cities and may be insulting to anyone living in the Manchester area. In comparision, not only is Manchester not the metropolis London is over there, MCFC is the little brother to Man U with much less success, yet the owners invested heavily to make it a dominate power.

Good topic, I think they will give NYCFC a true effort to see it succeed, regardless of what is going on in little ole Manchester, England.
If it's generally accepted the RedBulls aren't a NY team, then you can't call utd a Manchester team. Can't apply one rule to one & another rule to another. Consistency.

If it's generally accepted the RedBulls aren't a NY team, then you can't call utd a Manchester team. Can't apply one rule to one & another rule to another. Consistency.

Totally missing the boat. It's not a matter of the city limits but the general area. That's why the Manchester Derby means so much and playing/living in the shadows of each other. Heck in the states there's the hockey rivalary between the Rangers and the Devils and that's two states but in close proximity. that's the consistency referred to here.

In american football there's the Giants and Jets, two NY teams that moved to NJ but stil considered NY. That makes more sense to NY then the Red Bulls with no NY roots. Heck the Washington Redskins play in Maryland but were based originally. Roots.

There roots are in Lancashire not Manchester, not as it matters to a NYCFC forum. It is just a small matter of detail that you probably wont be bothered about in New York, just like we don't know the difference between New York and New Jersey over here. Its close enough ?
(My last post on this issue, lets get back to the points in hand)

Reactions: Ahab_Flanders