Third Rail Songs And Chants

I also suggested stand by me as an anthem of sorts and everyone shot that idea down too and some idiots even suggested using empire state of mind by jay z like come on

I'm starting to feel bad that I've been to busy to make it to the song meetings. I saw it posted on FB, but weekends are killer for me. Maybe we have to return to the the song and chant suggestions thread I remember posted on here a few months back to get some more NY centric ideas. Because I agree with other comments that some of these songs just don't make sense for us and feel like other SG's retreads. On the other hand, some of the chants are amazing! The Blue White Dynamite & Knick Knack are pure genius!

Who's showing up to vote for these things that you have to fight off Jay Z's Empire State of Mind?

I'm starting to feel bad that I've been to busy to make it to the song meetings. I saw it posted on FB, but weekends are killer for me. Maybe we have to return to the the song and chant suggestions thread I remember posted on here a few months back to get some more NY centric ideas. Because I agree with other comments that some of these songs just don't make sense for us and feel like other SG's retreads. On the other hand, some of the chants are amazing! The Blue White Dynamite & Knick Knack are pure genius!

Who's showing up to vote for these things that you have to fight off Jay Z's Empire State of Mind?
Let's also not forget, Third Rail is one section of seats out of an entire stadium. While their impact will be an important one, they aren't the only ones.

Reactions: BlackfishDiggy

I think Empire State of mind was shot down because song like this (rap/hip hop) would be extremely difficult to do as a large group. IIRC

Reactions: Comeonyouboysinblue

also any and all meetings from here --> Season are "Song meetings"

^ i suggested it on fb but for some reason everyone wasn't feeling it

If you're not feeling it, then you're not a human being. Or citizens (I hate using that word because of MCFC though) of New York.

also any and all meetings from here --> Season are "Song meetings"

I can't make the meetings unless you make one in the middle of the work day or right after work hours on a weekday, I could schedule either one those easy, and be happy to meet at a bar anywhere in Manhattan and down a few while we brain storm. Otherwise I'll just can type them up on here. What you think of the one above? You guys get a chance to try it out today?

Reactions: Jack
because i drink it's easy for me to remember the short ones
when the other teams is announced

we are new york city
you know where thats at?
you're from__________
Oh yea I heard of that or where the fucks that at?

you're in new york city
bet you're excited to be here
call you mom and tell her
while I get me a cold beer

I want to bring a megaphone with me to the stadium and start New York State of Mind. I don't care what the Third Rail thinks, we need to have it.

Times like yesterday is why I always laugh when some eurosnob jackass talks about organic. The TR went unprepared for Lampard chants even though other fans were saying they would be making them. Instead of firing back, they just took it and became the easy target.Now imagine playing rb at the stadium and we're outsung and embarassed by 400 rb fans because people decided it was more european to come up with shit on the fly so the response ends up being some lame generic chant that you and 12 other people are doing. Would everyone else learn through telepathy? How many years would it take if there weren't known chants

You just need to be willing to try stuff out, some chants will stick and others won't.
But don't ignore the short and simple. It takes time for the words to longer songs to take root, and 30,000 fans just chanting "NYC" can get the place rocking.

Reactions: adam
Times like yesterday is why I always laugh when some eurosnob jackass talks about organic. The TR went unprepared for Lampard chants even though other fans were saying they would be making them. Instead of firing back, they just took it and became the easy target.Now imagine playing rb at the stadium and we're outsung and embarassed by 400 rb fans because people decided it was more european to come up with shit on the fly so the response ends up being some lame generic chant that you and 12 other people are doing. Would everyone else learn through telepathy? How many years would it take if there weren't known chants
Outnumbered and underprepared is a good way of putting it. It was painful. Got tag teamed by Philly, RBNY, and OCSC who were all surrounding us. NEVER AGAIN

There's a Liverpool chant that just goes 'Liiiiiiiverpoool, Liiiiiverpooool' - 'NYC, NYC' would fit over it. The tune is hard to explain so I would advise a quick google.

Otherwise, to the tune of We Are Sailing:

We are City, New York City
No one likes us, We don't care
We hate Red Bulls, Jersey SOMETHINGS
We are NY - CFC

(This is quite popular in the UK however it has the potential for some bad language - don't know if that is commonplace in MLS or not.)

He shoots
He scores
He came from Rosenborg
Mix Diskerud! Mix Diskerud!

No idea what the tune for this comes from, again quite a common tune in the UK.

Or one more idea, this time to Lord of the Dance:

Sing, now, wherever you may be
We are N-Y-C-F-C
The boys in blue are gonna win the league,
For we are N-Y-C-F-C!

Last edited:

This is half truth as fuck. I WAS THERE and TR did fire back.

"We don't need Frank to score on you! Do-daaaaa Do-daaaa. We don't need Frank to score on you! Oh, do-daa daaaay."

I'm amazed at how much shit some of you talk and have absolutely provided no ACTUAL IN THE FIELD WORK. As small in numbers as we were, we had a chant off with RBNY in the middle of the convention center floor... and won. We went back and forth with OC in the draft room no win or lose there. Philly helped us against RBNY mostly, they jabbed at us a time or two but it was never a big chant off with them.

Did we have some fumbles in there? Yep. Do I care? Nope. Did I scream my lungs out and rep hard? Yep! Did I pay to get an Uber cab and go drop a beanie and a scarf on the Rocky statue? Yep.

Say what you want and feel however you like but trust that when you talk trash and you weren't there to make a difference, I'm going to fire back. Same as I did in Philly.

This is half truth as fuck. I WAS THERE and TR did fire back.

"We don't need Frank to score on you! Do-daaaaa Do-daaaa. We don't need Frank to score on you! Oh, do-daa daaaay."

I'm amazed at how much shit some of you talk and have absolutely provided no ACTUAL IN THE FIELD WORK. As small in numbers as we were, we had a chant off with RBNY in the middle of the convention center floor... and won. We went back and forth with OC in the draft room no win or lose there. Philly helped us against RBNY mostly, they jabbed at us a time or two but it was never a big chant off with them.

Did we have some fumbles in there? Yep. Do I care? Nope. Did I scream my lungs out and rep hard? Yep! Did I pay to get an Uber cab and go drop a beanie and a scarf on the Rocky statue? Yep.

Say what you want and feel however you like but trust that when you talk trash and you weren't there to make a difference, I'm going to fire back. Same as I did in Philly.
Its definitely a work in progress, we need to be able to fire back quicker and with more people, but I had a great time, set the stage for what should be an eventful season...That battle with RBNY supporters in the middle of the convention center was money, people were diggin it, and the league seems to really hate their fans so they were on our side haha

This is what was distributed on the bus to philly. Was told it was a general base of chants

wFEHIEM.jpg

I don't see the connection with A Call to Arms and 500 Miles. None of these make any mention of the team or NYC. Plus, they're long as hell. Who's going to memorized that other than hardcore TR members? The others are awesome. Short, and to the point.

Lenny Kravitz - New York City

I'm thinking just the first verse and chorus.

Broadway lights and taxi cabs
Everybody's moving fast
Uptown, downtown, what's your thing?
She can take what she can bring

She gave me a life
Came up through the inner city
She raised me up and taught me to fight, yeah
She opened my mind
I got to the knitty gritty
The greatest time that you'll ever find

She is my heart
I love New York City
She's lived and died
So many times, yeah!
Life is always tough
On New York City, oh lord
But she is fine, she always survives, yeah!