Trouble In Yankee-cfg Paradise

Kjbert

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
Apr 24, 2014
Not sure if anyone is listening to Beyond the Pitch on Sirius XM...but a few notes:

- The Yankees were initially told by CFG that the Yankee Stadium solution was a 1 year stop gap
- The Yankees are not comfortable with the team playing at the Stadium for the 3 Years they are being asked to host the team
- The Yankees are pushing/pushed the team to consider Yonkers as a solution for a stadium
- The Yankees are concerned that the field CAN NOT be turned over in time for baseball after a game where the field is saturated with rain.

train-wreck-o_zps26a90404.gif

Not sure if anyone is listening to Beyond the Pitch on Sirius XM...but a few notes:

- The Yankees were initially told by CFG that the Yankee Stadium solution was a 1 year stop gap
- The Yankees are not comfortable with the team playing at the Stadium for the 3 Years they are being asked to host the team
- The Yankees are pushing/pushed the team to consider Yonkers as a solution for a stadium
- The Yankees are concerned that the field CAN NOT be turned over in time for baseball after a game where the field is saturated with rain.
Did they honestly think we'd find a solution in a year (or two if you count from when the team was announced)?

Reactions: AndreT_NY and Gene
Somehow I believe that the CFG haters are going to side with the Yankees on this. I am going to give my opinion on this and mind you it is my opinion and I don't lay claim to anything else.
I don't know who said this but I don't believe it to be true.
This is entirely possible but I am sure that it was in whatever contract that was drawn up between the two teams.(MCFC and NY Yankees Baseball Club.
THis is entirely possible but doubtful that it would fly. Aqueduct is a much better spot then Yonkers.
The thing with this is all the info about field change over has come from NY Yankees. Did they not realise into each life (or ball field) some rain must fall?

All in all I think this bolsters my views that once a SSS is built that CFG will buy out NY Yankees.
Edited to include: I did not hear the Sirus XM show.

oh snap it has begun. I was watching the pinstripe bowl and i though damn that field will NOT hold both soccer and baseball so easily with the switching going on. and the rain will only hurt more especially rained out games for the yankees.
Also if it rains, will the NYCFC games be able to be played? i mean sometimes light- or so so rain cancells a baseball game but not a soccer game, would they allow them to play and ruin the field even more with rain?

also yonkers? that will defeat the purpose of the whole thing. And i sure as hell dont see how this pressures the owners to build a stadium with NYC politics going on, unless the owners fully pay for it. if they want some help financially from gov then this wont happen for years.

It looks like this really is becoming a mess.

Ermmm... what? o_O

It has been my view for some time that once NYCFC is out of Yankee stadium that CFG would buy out the Yankees junior partnership. Like I said this is MY opinion and is based on my views. This is not a thing I am saying to start a rumour. I have honestly believed that once we have a SSS the Yankees are superfluous to NYCFC.

It has been my view for some time that once NYCFC is out of Yankee stadium that CFG would buy out the Yankees junior partnership. Like I said this is MY opinion and is based on my views. This is not a thing I am saying to start a rumour. I have honestly believed that once we have a SSS the Yankees are superfluous to NYCFC.
Thanks for clarifying - I thought you were saying they were going to buy the Yankees, like the entire baseball club, not their share of NYCFC. I think I need more coffee...

The gentleman who was being interviewed covers us for the New York Daily News - Filip Bondy.

Reactions: LostAnvil
What if we finalize a stadium site and start construction on it, in the city, this year...

...and play at Red Bull Arena until its completion?

Reactions: Kjbert
What if we finalize a stadium site and start construction on it, in the city, this year...

...and play at Red Bull Arena until its completion?

I'm OK with it - but it would never happen