Tv Deal?

I think the majority of their broadcasted games will be on a national scale. They are a new team in a big market and they have some of the best players in the world. I don't see why ESPN or FOX Sports wouldn't broadcast them regularly.

I know they have a deal with WFAN for the radio broadcasts.
I hope that forces Fatcessa to have to talk about soccer. That would be hilarious. He knows nothing about it, and to see him be so dismissive, but have to take the calls about it will be priceless.

Reactions: Kjbert
falls.gif

I think the majority of their broadcasted games will be on a national scale. They are a new team in a big market and they have some of the best players in the world. I don't see why ESPN or FOX Sports wouldn't broadcast them regularly.

The TV deals were contingent that every team in the MLS gets broadcasted. So scheduling will come into effect and sharing air time with crappy markets. That being said yes I also believe a large amount will be aired on ESPN and Fox1. I have no doubt that those games will be better produced and have better commentators as well. Also I am certain that the announcement of a deal probably has in part to do with negotiations over how national games will be simultaneously televised.

Question for you who understand the mechanics of the MLS... Does the club get to keep all of its revenue from any TV deals it does away from the MLS central deal ? (I assume the MLS do have a deal)

I hope that forces Fatcessa to have to talk about soccer. That would be hilarious. He knows nothing about it, and to see him be so dismissive, but have to take the calls about it will be priceless.

Doesnt he absolutely hate soccer? I think i read it somewhere, he doesnt talk about not because he doesnt know about it but just that he hates it.

I hate Francesca he annoys the shit out of me and I hate that on my way home from work I like to listen to sports radio and they have this shit
Question for you who understand the mechanics of the MLS... Does the club get to keep all of its revenue from any TV deals it does away from the MLS central deal ? (I assume the MLS do have a deal)

Yes if NYCFC get a TV contract with YES they will keep the profits. I am sure MLS will also get a cut but it isn't revenue shared like the ESPN and Fox deals which are with the league.

Reactions: MrE
I hate Francesca he annoys the shit out of me and I hate that on my way home from work I like to listen to sports radio and they have this shit

Yes if NYCFC get a TV contract with YES they will keep the profits. I am sure MLS will also get a cut but it isn't revenue shared like the ESPN and Fox deals which are with the league.

thank you

He
Doesnt he absolutely hate soccer? I think i read it somewhere, he doesnt talk about not because he doesnt know about it but just that he hates it.
Hated hockey too, until the rangers made a run and he was forced to talk about it, now he pretends to be a yooge fan

Last edited:
Reactions: Kjbert and Gene
He really hates "soccah" since they booted him off YES and he went to FOX. Absolutely kills him that his simulcast is constantly preempted because of FOX 1's coverage of the UEFA Champions League or any other game they put on.

He really hates "soccah" since they booted him off YES and he went to FOX. Absolutely kills him that his simulcast is constantly preempted because of FOX 1's coverage of the UEFA Champions League or any other game they put on.
I'm not his biggest fan but he does have a right to be pissed about that because it sounds like it wasn't talked about when he was signing the contract.

lol, i mean he had to have had someone in his camp look over the contract and must know the programming that occurs on fox sports. To be fair though his show goes way too long i think its like 5 or 6 hours.

You don't have to listen to Francesca, Michael Kay and Don LaGreca are way better in that time slot in my opinion. Plus, they're more likely to talk NYCFC then Francesa (and they have in the past). Either way, I don't expect most outlets to talk about NYCFC. You'll get some coverage for the opener and that's about it. The Rangers couldn't even get on the back page and they were in the Finals. Most sports talk would rather talk about football all year round unfortunately.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gene
Love Kay and LaGreca on ESPN/YES, because they will talk soccer from time to time. Hell, the last update they did had a mention of Messi breaking the UCL scoring record this afternoon. Such a small thing, yet would never get a peep on the Fran-say-so program.

Reactions: Tiger Jones
Well just noticed at some point in the last month I think, Yes Network and NYCFC started following each others on twitter.