Tv Deal?

Hopefully they announce additional programming in addition to live matches. Hopefully they also announce an additional OTA partner to cover matches which conflict with Yankees games, instead of scheduling games at crazy times to accommodate YES.
gonna be My 9.... like they do with the Yankee games

Reactions: Kjbert
Fantastic Question. Cause we have no possible idea, I would like to see Ryan Ruocco who is a good announcer he has never done soccer but he is a soccer fan.

I'm not a fan of broadcasters without a soccer background. But I like the idea of Ruocco with a partner, it would mean sports talk radio airtime and conversation on major show.

Any particular reason for that? An accent doesn't make a good commentator.
just a personal preference...it just feels more authentic to me lol but i could care less regardless who they get...as long as its someone good.

imagine if it was gus johnson? lmaooo

just a personal preference...it just feels more authentic to me lol but i could care less regardless who they get...as long as its someone good.

imagine if it was gus johnson? lmaooo
Not to quibble, but I'm really not a fan of the "authentic" argument. If we really wanted an "authentic" voice, we'd go after the Scots instead of the Londoners. Today's game owes more to the early Scottish pass-and-move game than it does the one played in London 150 years ago. Specifically, what you see today even in the premier league owes heavily to the South American game, and I don't see anyone rushing to pick up Brazilian or Argentinian commentators.

If we get a commentator who really knows his or her shit, I don't care if they have an Italian, Egyptian, or South African accent.

Edit: I'm a Gus Johnson fan, anyway. He needs work on the soccer side, but the guy is the best voice in the game when it comes to the sports he grew up with (Football and Basketball - there's not a better play by play guy in college basketball - period). It takes time to learn the rhythm of the game.

on a side note i hate everyone who comments on the mls website lol...everyone is sucking off orlando because of their tv deal and watch once ours is put on there it will be nothing but hate. I hate everybody.
I can dig where you're coming from with that, but for the most part I view it all as pure comic relief. Especially in light of the fact that it's not only so predictable, but from the same pathetic knuckleheads time and time again.

In fairness to mlssoccer.com, they're light years ahead of Facebook. Sure wish the team would assign an intern to delete all the "Are you hiring yet?", "I'm a center forward from (fill in the blank of your favorite Third World country) can I have a tryout?", "I'm a 19 y.o. girl with big hooters please like my page" crap that clutter up the page.

Reactions: DiRoma and BxLio91
I can dig where you're coming from with that, but for the most part I view it all as pure comic relief. Especially in light of the fact that it's not only so predictable, but from the same pathetic knuckleheads time and time again.

In fairness to mlssoccer.com, they're light years ahead of Facebook. Sure wish the team would assign an intern to delete all the "Are you hiring yet?", "I'm a center forward from (fill in the blank of your favorite Third World country) can I have a tryout?", "I'm a 19 y.o. girl with big hooters please like my page" crap that clutter up the page.

No way! That's exactly how we signed Lampard? #facebookfreeagent

Reactions: BxLio91

Is that referring to those who were trying to get jobs, trials, etc at NYCFC? Strangely enough I've seen a lot less enquiring about jobs, player trials, etc in the last few months than the early months. As for MLSSoccer its a good site but if you notice videos aren't playing it may be due to ad blocker being turned on. At least for the Chrome version anyway...

Just saw this on Twitter:

@thegoalkeeper: Just in: @NYCFC and the YES Network will make a joint announcement at a press conference Thursday in Midtown, and we can guess what that is.

We all expected this.

Fantastic Question. Cause we have no possible idea, I would like to see Ryan Ruocco who is a good announcer he has never done soccer but he is a soccer fan.
that could be interesting. I like ruocco, i listen to him on espn radio.

Just saw this on Twitter:

@thegoalkeeper: Just in: @NYCFC and the YES Network will make a joint announcement at a press conference Thursday in Midtown, and we can guess what that is.

We all expected this.
So who on the YES network has ever announced MLS or even soccer games? Does JP Dellacamara work for them like he does for everyone else?

So who on the YES network has ever announced MLS or even soccer games? Does JP Dellacamara work for them like he does for everyone else?
jp dellacamara works at fox and calls there big game and most likely will call the FS1 MLS game of the week. He used to call union games but he is going to be way to busy I think John strong has move already form NBC to FOX sports. I think if he isn't calling the FS1 games or the FOX ones I think he might be an option.

I think Kyle Martino would be great. He's one of the few former US players that has become a decent commentator. Might have some more free time now that NBC will only be focusing on EPL. And the NBC studio is based in NYC