USMNT Talk

I’m not serious but maybe I am. He has coached on three continents including North America and has more championships than oft named candidates like Cherundolo, Curtin or Vieira.

Happy Mls Cup GIF by NYCFC

I’m not saying I want him hired but if those guys are in the mix why isn’t he?
Honestly would be the best candidate from the "MLS" ranks IMO.

Editing to expand on this: I think from an international coach, less tactics are needed and more man management and that's what Ronny is. As long as he surrounds himself with some great assistant coaches, I think this would be a great hire.

Honestly would be the best candidate from the "MLS" ranks IMO.

Editing to expand on this: I think from an international coach, less tactics are needed and more man management and that's what Ronny is. As long as he surrounds himself with some great assistant coaches, I think this would be a great hire.
I think he gets left out because he's MLS but not American (like Cherundelo or Curtin) but also not a former Arsenal player/Ligue 1 coach. He's "just" an MLS Cup winner who also won two trophies in lesser European leagues. I agree he would be the best of that set.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
We need a coach who can get a more disciplined performance out of the players. GB did a great job creating a program with a culture that kept the guys together and made outsiders want to join the program. But after a while, the players no longer feared him. Missing assignments or going completely off the script was happening more and more, which suggests that players didn't fear the consequences.

Look at Canada under Marsch. Great effort and discipline. While I don't think we necessarily need Marsch, we need someone who can bring that out of the group.

Would you take Herve Renard? Coached Saudi Arabia in 2022, had the famous speech against Argentina. Maybe he can give the players a whooping lol

Would you take Herve Renard? Coached Saudi Arabia in 2022, had the famous speech against Argentina. Maybe he can give the players a whooping lol
He's a big favorite of Greg Vasquez, who is the clever fellow who does the national team recaps on the Scuffed podcast.

I am kind of open minded. I would love a home run hire, but I think that's a lot harder than people think. I definitely want a change of pace from GB, even though I though his work through the WC was generally good. We need something different to continue improving.

He's a big favorite of Greg Vasquez, who is the clever fellow who does the national team recaps on the Scuffed podcast.

I am kind of open minded. I would love a home run hire, but I think that's a lot harder than people think. I definitely want a change of pace from GB, even though I though his work through the WC was generally good. We need something different to continue improving.
How can one not love this man?
How can one not love this guy?

1000008294.jpg

He's won consistently on the international level. Will be gone the moment the World Cup is over, but worth the trade-off IMO.

do likes even mean anything anymore? i feel like there are lots of people who just click/tap the like out of habit w/o even thinking about what it really means. but who knows. i'm not on anything other than youtube
X/Twitter no longer shows "likes" except to the account whose post was Liked. It's a good move because you're right that it does not mean much and people were curating their Likes so nobody would hassle them for liking something wrong or uncool.

I would not discount the possibility that these players have assistants with standing instructions to Like all posts from the official US Soccer accounts.

X/Twitter no longer shows "likes" except to the account whose post was Liked. It's a good move because you're right that it does not mean much and people were curating their Likes so nobody would hassle them for liking something wrong or uncool.

I would not discount the possibility that these players have assistants with standing instructions to Like all posts from the official US Soccer accounts.
A lot of people (me included) use likes to train the algorithms as well. Although I have no idea if a couple players would even think to do that. More likely the truth is something along the lines of assistants doing it.

Anyway, the Federation is going to have to come to a decision quickly. I really don't know why they brought Berhalter back to begin with, but now that he's gone the timeline is even crunchier. And since Klopp has said a few times he's taking a year off from coaching, it's hard to see him being the next guy even if the USSF could somehow come up with the money.

It would be awesome if there was a way to make it happen. Just seems really tough.

Something tells me he's happy with working for Canada at the moment, I bet he'll want to take this project to the world cup

You're probably right, but if they're checking with Klopp I imagine they're checking with Marsch, too.

I don't see how Marsch makes sense and I definitely wouldn't want him for the USMNT coach.

The win in PKs against Venezuela is nice but nothing extraordinary. Playing nearly an hour in the group stages up a man was a massive difference.

I don't see a whole ton to take away from him as the Canadian manager from Copa America.

Reactions: moogoo and Shwafta