USMNT Talk

did anybody really think we could get klopp? especially after his tearful goodbye from liverpool to get a break from coaching. the man wants a sabbatical. if he took the US job, i'd be upset if i were a liverpool fan.
Sadly, I think there is a whole swath of USMNT fans that thought we could get him just by throwing a bajillion dollars at him

did anybody really think we could get klopp? especially after his tearful goodbye from liverpool to get a break from coaching. the man wants a sabbatical. if he took the US job, i'd be upset if i were a liverpool fan.
Realistically no , but national team coach is much less of a commitment than week in week out club manager .

Would any of the big names realistically even consider it? The roster has some considerable issues with no foreseeable solutions coming through the pipeline in under 2 years. The new coach won't even have a WC-qualifying cycle to work through some challenging matches with the squad. There is certainly prestige in coaching the host nation but I think it's a tougher sell than many in the USMNT community are acknowledging right now.

Reactions: FootyLovin
Good. Don't want him.

The insider reports are saying that Marsch was offered the job and then they pulled the offer back after the Berhalter stuff, regardless of what people think of Marsch that is incredibly unprofessional by US soccer. Organizational dysfunction at the federation leadership level only compounds the other issues I mentioned in an earlier post making the head coaching position less desirable.

My prediction is that we end up with one of the candidates the fanbase finds underwhelming. This will be followed by constant complaining that they weren't ambitious enough or wouldn't pay enough when the reality is that all the big names turn them down.

What what what what the hell is this rumor?!?!?!

Is this true??? Would be very good imo. He plays a style that would suite a national team, I think.
that was the latest rumor... maybe it's true now?

Edit: looks like a bunch of places are reporting that it's true and announcement forthcoming.

I love it cause that's who I said they should go for...

Last edited:
Do Men in Blazers generally report rumors as true? I'd assume they are a pretty trustworthy source.

And as such, holy fuck!! Go USSF!
I saw the rumor from some random account and then went hunting a bit to check if anyone credible is reporting mm and found men in blazers reporting on it. I figure they are a pretty trustworthy source.