USMNT Talk

Kind of a shitty unnecessary shot at GGG here by the Men in Blazers.
A lot of people are unhappy with that. I agree it's in poor taste, but they're allowed a few mistakes here and there.

ESPN reporting that final details and an announcement are being held up because Chelsea still owes Poch money and they need to settle that first.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Last night's performance at least had more intensity that Saturday's USMNT lethargy - but it still wasn't good enough.

I think Berhalter did a good job his first cycle, but he was the wrong guy to lead us forward from there. The squad looks lost and disinterested. I expect things will improve in October and even more in November. Getting back the likes of McKennie, Adams, Robinson, Reyna and Dest won't hurt either.

Reactions: FootyLovin
Poch's quote about how players aren't here to play, they're here to compete fired me all the way up. That's the kind of energy that's been missing from our national team.

100%. if the last two games showed us anything, it's that this pool of players doesn't have the competitive fire and pride that is needed at the international level. if poch can light that fire under their asses or pick different players who have it, it'll make a huge diff. i feel for pulisic when he did his post game. the frustration and disappointment on his face was clear as day. he wants people around him on his level, at least mentally and he's not getting it.

Reactions: mgarbowski
Poch's quote about how players aren't here to play, they're here to compete fired me all the way up. That's the kind of energy that's been missing from our national team.
also the whole part of "how are you going to test them with not many competitive matches before the WC?" and his answer: What do you mean? all friendlies, all competitive matches, they're all the same. They're ALL competitive. You're competing for the badge, the country, and your spot.
(paraphrasing of course) but I really liked that. Hopefully a good sign of things to come.