Usoc June 15

I'd be surprised if we ever got to play any USOC home match at Yankee Stadium, much less a 4th round tie vs a team like the Pittsburgh Riverhounds or FC Edmonton.

A match in the early rounds vs USL competition isn't going to draw; isn't going to be worth the effort to convert the field back and forth; and more importantly, by by putting less wear and tear on the field, it'll be one less opportunity to piss off the Yankees.

As I mentioned in one of these threads from last year, I can see NYCFC playing all road games until the latter rounds when the competition gets serious...........and then using that place in Harrison as our home field for a quarter-final, semi-final or final match.

I bet as the first ever USOC home game, attendance could hit 25K+ at Yankee Stadium.
I think Gene Gene has this right for one very big reason. 25k is a normal attendance number for us for a regular season home game. That includes 18-20k season tickets already sold. A USOC game is starting with zero tickets sold.

Now, if NYCFC sold one (or more) home game in every season ticket package (cost to be credited to account or refunded if not USOC appearance), then I could see hitting 25k. Because you'd already have 80% of that number bought in.

True%2BDoh%2BCanada.png