USOC - June 22 - Red Bulls (Away)

Junior and I left after the second goal -- what happened in the supporter's section at the end?

Actually, this is exactly the kind of lesson I want him to learn young. I’d be much more upset if this was a vet. Still ridiculously stupid (as were elements of our SS). We are Champions and should act like it.
A 21 year old needs to learn not to head butt a player while the ref is holding him because someone says “what’s up bro”? I’m not sure that’s a learning issue.

A 21 year old needs to learn not to head butt a player while the ref is holding him because someone says “what’s up bro”? I’m not sure that’s a learning issue.
Dunno. An early stupid error outburst proved to be a learning experience for David Beckham, for example. I'm willing to wait to see if the guy takes a lesson.

Reactions: dark knight
Was listening to sirius XM in the car. They played a clip of Struber saying referees have to do more to protect Luquinhas. Tony meola pointed out that some other coaches might take issue with Struber saying refs should protect his "Star" player more when the Red Bulls don't just kick one player they kick everybody ! :D but then he went and ruined it by contradictory claiming that their "fun to watch."

No drums or flags during the entire month of July due to incidents that occurred at the USOC match at Red Bull Arena.
Boooo, was wondering where the drums and flags were! What happened at the USOC match at RBA? I don't think I heard about anything?
Actually this is fantastic news. Bad behavior has to change. I'm glad the club took action. I hope the supporter groups are doing their parts to ID the bad actors.

Actually this is fantastic news. Bad behavior has to change. I'm glad the club took action. I hope the supporter groups are doing their parts to ID the bad actors.
Agreed! I was more booing the original act (whatever it was, does anyone know?).

Reactions: Shwafta
Agreed! I was more booing the original act (whatever it was, does anyone know?).
The usual shit.

From f*cebook, I wasn't there:
Sorry the tailgate at rba is not confirmed. Still pending
Thanks to our behavior and actions at RBA on 6/22, breaking chairs, smoke bombs, hitting players family members with beer along with team ops members and fighting back against stadium security and Harrison PD, these are the sanctions:
-All tickets for 7/17 will be refunded.
-Allotment has been cut and will be redistributed later in the week.
-FO reserves the right to deny a ticket to anyone that has had problems in rba.
-No flags banners anything at rba
-the tailgate will still be allowed pregame at rba
-The month of july no DRUMS flags banners in the supporters section 236-237 and away games.

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
drunk and generally forgot how to behave after a year of lockdowns...

Sadly there is a very very small subset of our fan base that has been making us look really bad since far before COVID. We have incidents going all the way back to year 2. I used to be in the all fan bases have a few bad apples camp but ours have started to stand out and I'm sad to say that I think our rep as having some of the worst in our fan base is starting to be deserved. After the Philly playoff game, I saw a drunk NYCFC fan just standing outside the stadium on the way to the parking lot live-streaming himself just yelling the some of vilest shit I have heard at all of the Philly fans just walking somberly to their cars. It was mostly families and kids just trying to go home. Instead of being someplace with other NYCFC fans sharing in the euphoria of the win this guy's priority was to go find a place where he could just scream at opposing teams fans, like WTF is wrong with people? Do people like this even care about the team or is NYCFC fandom just an outlet for their hateful behavior? It was just embarrassing. There are people in our fan base that look for and thrive on trouble and it really sucks because it makes the 99.9% of NYCFC fans that I have encountered that are amazing people that just love the team look really bad.

Sadly there is a very very small subset of our fan base that has been making us look really bad since far before COVID. We have incidents going all the way back to year 2. I used to be in the all fan bases have a few bad apples camp but ours have started to stand out and I'm sad to say that I think our rep as having some of the worst in our fan base is starting to be deserved. After the Philly playoff game, I saw a drunk NYCFC fan just standing outside the stadium on the way to the parking lot live-streaming himself just yelling the some of vilest shit I have heard at all of the Philly fans just walking somberly to their cars. It was mostly families and kids just trying to go home. Instead of being someplace with other NYCFC fans sharing in the euphoria of the win this guy's priority was to go find a place where he could just scream at opposing teams fans, like WTF is wrong with people? Do people like this even care about the team or is NYCFC fandom just an outlet for their hateful behavior? It was just embarrassing. There are people in our fan base that look for and thrive on trouble and it really sucks because it makes the 99.9% of NYCFC fans that I have encountered that are amazing people that just love the team look really bad.

As far as I'm concerned, these people are not fans. They are, as you alluded to, just using their supposed fandom as a way to unleash their anger and hatefulness.

It's a shame these people exist and while I wish the club could find them and ban them, I also realize it would be a very difficult task.

I think every fan base has these types of people. I'm glad the club sanctioned the supporters. In a way, I kinda feel like it was lenient.but I hope they learned their lesson and step up the self policing.

As far as I'm concerned, these people are not fans. They are, as you alluded to, just using their supposed fandom as a way to unleash their anger and hatefulness.

It's a shame these people exist and while I wish the club could find them and ban them, I also realize it would be a very difficult task.

I think every fan base has these types of people. I'm glad the club sanctioned the supporters. In a way, I kinda feel like it was lenient.but I hope they learned their lesson and step up the self policing.

I have mixed feelings about how the club handles this stuff. I am glad they sanctioned the supporters but the team plays both sides of it with their video and media teams constantly using footage of supporters outside the stadium with scarves hiding their faces and setting off smoke bombs in the street. For clarity, I have no issue with the supporters doing either of those things but I do think it's an issue that the club uses it in promotional ways. Scarves hiding faces (in a non-COVID way) and smoke bombs are pretty common symbols of hooliganism and ultra culture around the soccer world and when the club markets it in official channels it feels like they are sending a very welcoming message to the wannabe ultras out there that this is a place for them.

Welp, those scumbags screwed us over.

How the hell can grown ass men go to a game and not figure out how to avoid a temper tantrum?

Reactions: Vallos
It’s unfortunate but the right decision. I think this is just the first step in a stricter approach to policing the ‘ultra’ portion of our fan base.

Good. That group gives all of us a bad name, and it's long past time the team tried to get control of that situation. Hopefully the cat isn't out of the bag.

Reactions: FootyLovin