USOC - May 11 - Rochester (Home)

wasn't pretty but it puts us through.

next opponent is probably one of red bulls or 2 teams from one other group. not sure how they're gonna reorganize the geographical groups. could be combined with south atlantic (miami, dc) or north central (revs, louisville). my guess is south atlantic since we're in north atlantic now.

wasn't pretty but it puts us through.

next opponent is probably one of red bulls or 2 teams from one other group. not sure how they're gonna reorganize the geographical groups. could be combined with south atlantic (miami, dc) or north central (revs, louisville). my guess is south atlantic since we're in north atlantic now.
We definitely lacked any kind of shape. But that's not really a surprise. One thing's for sure: we better hope Sean Johnson doesn't get hurt.

Reactions: Schwallacus
Hard to take much of anything out of this game, other than I'm really starting to get worried that Heber is washed, Luis Barraza is not a good goalie, and how did O'Toole get a professional contract?

And why did Gabi lose his head there in the 90th minute? That was pretty inexplicable. Really pretty first goal, though. He set that thing on a tee for Thiago.

That was fun. The atmosphere at Belsen is good.
Saw a lot of forum people. First time I met Brooklyn Blue and AndreT_NY
Glenn Crooks hung out with Soup, Shwafta and me in the parking lot for 5 minutes before the game. He never heard of the forums, but is otherwise a nice guy.
Taty, Callens and others were sitting one section over.
O'Toole's family were in my row.
Ref went a little card happy in the second half and the more he did it the more he lost control.

I will never forget being there the night Zelalem inexplicably stepped up to take a PK.
IMG_1212.jpg

Last edited:
Hard to take much of anything out of this game, other than I'm really starting to get worried that Heber is washed, Luis Barraza is not a good goalie, and how did O'Toole get a professional contract?

And why did Gabi lose his head there in the 90th minute? That was pretty inexplicable. Really pretty first goal, though. He set that thing on a tee for Thiago.

both o'toole and jasson are forwards made to play wingbacks. it's no wonder our defense was poor today. not to mention Vuk isn't very strong and Barazza is too nervous for his own good. our back line being unorganized seemed to be the primary reason we had trouble aside from being way too casual while rochester was playing with their heads on fire.

with GP, it was just a foul. an unnecessary one, but still just a foul. not deserving of a yellow but i think ref gave him one because he didn't just walk away.

ref was giving out lots of cards but never to the one rochester defender who kept 2 handed pushing everyone?

Reactions: gbservis
both o'toole and jasson are forwards made to play wingbacks. it's no wonder our defense was poor today. not to mention Vuk isn't very strong and Barazza is too nervous for his own good. our back line being unorganized seemed to be the primary reason we had trouble aside from being way too casual while rochester was playing with their heads on fire.

with GP, it was just a foul. an unnecessary one, but still just a foul. not deserving of a yellow but i think ref gave him one because he didn't just walk away.

ref was giving out lots of cards but never to the one rochester defender who kept 2 handed pushing everyone?

Oh I know O'Toole is a forward and was playing out of position, but at least Jasson brought something on his side. O'Toole is not at the level.

Glad we got a look at Talles at the No. 9, because that's likely his position when Taty is sold this summer. Bad miss right after coming on, but I'm not too concerned. Hard not to be sloppy playing in a situation like that.

Reactions: Schwallacus
We need some sort of system that makes your phone ping or something when 2 forum people get within 5 yards of each other

I've seen groups on fan forums order a unique pin to put on a hat or jacket so they knew to say 'hi'.

Can someone with more talent than me mock up a Peeping Lampard pin?

20220511_190014.jpg

Trying to find my seat, when randomly a Callens taty parks gloster Amundsen combo march on by also looking for their seats! Lol

Then, at half time I'm waiting with mgarbowski mgarbowski in line for concessions (pretzel was 4.50... and one single water bottle is also 4.50. the fuck?) And Callens walks up to the front of the line, straight up cuts, takes a selfie with some fans, takes a hotdog and walks off. Surreal lmao. Here's a picture of that occuring:
20220511_195748.jpg

And finally, my father was sitting (separately from me) behind the parks/gloster/Amundsen contingency and after one of the plays, one of the players yelled "YO IF HE WAS ON THE FIELD, HE WOULD HAVE SCORED THAT!" and then "he" (idk who it was and my dad said he didn't know who either bc he doesn't know the players) replied "YEAH, I WOULD HAVE!" lol.
IMG-20220511-WA0021.jpg

Was great to see SoupInNYC SoupInNYC for maybe the second to last time while he lives in NY!

Also, refs were hot garbage tonight. Many offside calls I'm pretty sure were not offside, there was a penalty shout with heber where the goalkeeper collided with him and I'm pretty sure it could have been a penalty, and then some pulling here and there that should have been yellows but weren't.

...But it wasn't the worst offside call of the afternoon, as turns out Nashville got absolutely robbed:

EDIT:

Turns out that it wasn't offside, there was a player impediment.

Last edited:
Also, refs were hot garbage tonight. Many offside calls I'm pretty sure were not offside, there was a penalty shout with heber where the goalkeeper collided with him and I'm pretty sure it could have been a penalty, and then some pulling here and there that should have been yellows but weren't.

...But it wasn't the worst offside call of the afternoon, as turns out Nashville got absolutely robbed:
I think this was disallowed due to a foul call on the pick that happens there. But that also wasn’t a foul IMO at all and seemed like a normal pick that should be allowed and happens on corners all the time

Reactions: Shwafta

i think they called a "foul", Miller i think was offside and got in the way and bumped a atlanta defender and called for obstruction.

It was definitely out of frustration. Unfortunately it keeps him out of the next round. Did anyone have a better view of it? He claimed that he was elbowed in the face which is why he retaliated but I didn’t see a replay.

EDIT:

Turns out that it wasn't offside, there was a player impediment.

Also, I never saw Shwafta so worked up before as he was last night about the refs. Of course, a worked up Shwafta at 11 on the Shwafta scale is about a 2 on the generic scale so he was still pretty chill.

Last edited: