Vieira suspends Khiry and Lopez

I may be wrong here but I would bet that people who have kids agree with the punishment and those that
don't think PV overreacted
Corollary to this: Millennials feel punishment is unnecessary and over the top. Anyone from other (less pampered) generations sees punishment as not particularly harsh and totally appropriate.

Disclaimer: I'm Gen X.

Corollary to this: Millennials feel punishment is unnecessary and over the top. Anyone from other (less pampered) generations sees punishment as not particularly harsh and totally appropriate.

I recently found out that I am considered a Millenial, though I thought that was younger that I am (I'm 28). I thought the punishment was absolutely appropriate and not over the top.

I recently found out that I am considered a Millenial, though I thought that was younger that I am (I'm 28). I thought the punishment was absolutely appropriate and not over the top.
You my friend are an exception to the rule.

Reactions: Gene
I'm over the hill and thought the punishment was stupid, why is there an attempt to reduce people's opinion to their generation or presence of children?
Because there's actually an entire field of respected research on the subject matter of how each generation views society/their place within it, and how they react to social stimuli.

It's not like we're simply spitballing here.

27 i didnt think of it as too much....but would not would of been that different to me if we never heard of it if it was handled internally

is not like he was sent to play to the reserves ( if we had any) for two weeks with no pay

Reactions: SoupInNYC
I'm going to be 28 soon, and I thought that, although this is the first time someone has done something to make a coach suspend them (in this organization), it's good to set an example. Vieira seems like a nice guy, and he wants his team to show the utmost respect. If that's how he wants the team to behave, he did the right thing in suspending the players.

Totally fine with the punishment
It's better to overreact to something borderline and set a precedent than let this go and create a grey area on his expectations

Reactions: The Toe and Ulrich
Here's the thing - if the team is winning, this isn't even a conversation. But they're not, so we focus on other things - like punishing players.

Because there's actually an entire field of respected research on the subject matter of how each generation views society/their place within it, and how they react to social stimuli.

It's not like we're simply spitballing here.
Indeed. We are certainly living in a different age, and while the previous generation says that about the next, there is a large disconnect these days that is truly troubling than in years past. For instance, when rewarding kids with trophies in sporting events by simply participating, one shouldn't be all to surprised kids grow up with a delusional sense of entitlement. There is an excellent and highly informative book I finished reading last year, chock full of empirical evidence, discussing such social memes and trends. Its quite alarming, to say the lest.

http://www.narcissismepidemic.com/

Reactions: JayH