What made you more upset?

• Kit

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • Lampard

Votes: 75 74.3%
  • Neither

Votes: 18 17.8%

• Total voters
I thought this was pretty funny. But I may do better mixing laughter with my tears than others.

It was an honest answer to an honest question. The kicker comes when you learn that the man charged specifically with developing the brand, the step below Soriano is actually, Tom Glick.... an American.
Now if regional rivalry is the same in the US, the guy is from Boston... which may explain somethings to you :)

Reactions: NYCFCFan10
It was an honest answer to an honest question. The kicker comes when you learn that the man charged specifically with developing the brand, the step below Soriano is actually, Tom Glick.... an American.
Now if regional rivalry is the same in the US, the guy is from Boston... which may explain somethings to you :)
The point I'm making is the chain of command. I would hope that everyone State side has the best interests of NYC FC at heart (even the Boston boy, lol). But you take your orders from your boss- and it's quite clear that the best interests of NYC FC are not the first priority of the boss. So don't try to scapegoat Amy Scheer or Tom Glick or whoever, because at the end of the day they take their orders from higher up.

So he'll be based in Manchester- unless he's in Abu Dhabi getting his orders, and he'll visit here to tell us to suck it up and fall in line. Gotcha.

The CFG is based in London.

The point I'm making is the chain of command. I would hope that everyone State side has the best interests of NYC FC at heart (even the Boston boy, lol). But you take your orders from your boss- and it's quite clear that the best interests of NYC FC are not the first priority of the boss. So don't try to scapegoat Amy Scheer or Tom Glick or whoever, because at the end of the day they take their orders from higher up.

I am almost certain you will be seeing changes.
They have made a horrific start and it has been made very clear from the fans, quite rightly, that greater transparency is one of many things required to change.
Tom Glick has done as excellent job at City no need to scapegoat him at all.
They will make mistakes as the venture has just started, that is normal, every business is the same and they will make more but as the franchise develops they will get much more right than wrong. They have to listen otherwise, the local fan base will wither and whether they want NYCFC as a farm team or not, it will die and become a failure. They have not pumped in $100m+ to fail, They know the local fans have to be listened to, they are the future of NYCFC.

The CFG is based in London.
.. They have to listen otherwise, the local fan base will wither and whether they want NYCFC as a farm team or not, it will die and become a failure. They have not pumped in $100m+ to fail, They know the local fans have to be listened to, they are the future of NYCFC.

Not to belabor the point, but we have absolutely no assurance that they will listen, or that they even care. I checked my email- nothing. I checked the NYCFC website- nothing. I checked twitter- nothing (the most recent tweet being about Fat Frank's winning goal... nice touch there, gang). They've known for quite awhile this was coming down, yet 4 days into this huge controversy, we, the season ticket holders, have been told nothing since the announcement was made. We haven't heard a peep from anyone except Pellegrini, who is intimating that Lampard may never even play in NY. Nice, real nice. We've been lied to, and even more galling, patronized...the onus is on the Catalan and CFG and Man City and/or whoever else you want to add in, to make right this whole mess.

Not to belabor the point, but we have absolutely no assurance that they will listen, or that they even care. I checked my email- nothing. I checked the NYCFC website- nothing. I checked twitter- nothing (the most recent tweet being about Fat Frank's winning goal... nice touch there, gang). They've known for quite awhile this was coming down, yet 4 days into this huge controversy, we, the season ticket holders, have been told nothing since the announcement was made. We haven't heard a peep from anyone except Pellegrini, who is intimating that Lampard may never even play in NY. Nice, real nice. We've been lied to, and even more galling, patronized...the onus is on the Catalan and CFG and Man City and/or whoever else you want to add in, to make right this whole mess.

Absolutely correct, as i said it has been a horrific start.
In a non patronising way and from experience, i am not surprised you have heard nothing. There will be a lockdown until something concrete can be said, whatever that concrete response will be, i have no idea.
That is the situation and as i have said numerous times i am not surprised people are livid.

Btw, out of interest, what were your expectations and thoughts when it was announced that NYCFC were being formed?

Absolutely correct, as i said it has been a horrific start.
In a non patronising way and from experience, i am not surprised you have heard nothing. There will be a lockdown until something concrete can be said, whatever that concrete response will be, i have no idea.
That is the situation and as i have said numerous times i am not surprised people are livid.

Btw, out of interest, what were your expectations and thoughts when it was announced that NYCFC were being formed?
I was really, really excited. We've been waiting for a bona fide NYC team for a long time, and the Yankee partnership seemed to portend good things. I was always a little leery of the Man City ownership, not because of any ill will toward Man City, but because I was worried about something like this happening. But we were repeatedly assured that we had nothing to worry about it, and in today's global economy, it's not surprising that you may like a product although you may not like the corporate owner. But I love the game, and I was really happy to buy season tickets and help the game grow here. It's really a shame how that enthusiasm has been completely wrecked by this.

Well, there's a few fundament things they could have done different that would have gone a long, long way.

They should have made the carbon copy City jersey the AWAY jersey and the unique New York jersey the home jersey. People might have even got a chuckle out of the meaning of that. Having it the other way around puts a message out that you don't want to put out.

They should have said Lampard will join NYCFC after his commitment to MCFC is through and left it at that when announcing him. Just in case.

They should always handle situations where more than one team of the group is involved with a player as though the worst might happen from the beginning.

I know there is a general distaste for those who come here via MCFC (pretty deservedly tbf, and I could probably be faulted/credited as an early ringleader/voice,against many of them), but I hope to not run off the ones who actually recognize that our board is for NYCFC discussion and try to offer meaningful participation via insightful, sympathetic and/or hopeful posts.

I think mrplow2000 mrplow2000 has been pretty fair in his points, and he is trying to cheer us up. I know, it's not really possible at this moment due to the actions of CFG. But I don't want to come as attributing those faults and flaws to everyone who supports MCFC. I want to continue to have varying viewpoints and discuss them (somewhat) maturely, but as long as posters offer respect and civility, I will do the same, notwithstanding some good-natured ribbing.

That said, I'll be leading the charge to berate/ban those who condescend and/or post hostile messages solely designed to rile up the board.

With all that being said, I hope those people here from MCFC for more positive purposes will not be too turned off by my or others' tone and disregard for your posts. I think it's fair to say we all feel jilted and will be cautious to outright defensive in the near to medium term. If you allow folks the patience to deal with their feelings in their own time and in their own way, I think you'll find we have the beginnings of a fun and entertaining online community that fosters meaningful and intelligent (and some not so meaningful or intelligent) discussion on our club, MLS and soccer in general.

Just wanted to get that off my chest. Carry on, all you yank ECs and Mancunian wankers.

I was really, really excited. We've been waiting for a bona fide NYC team for a long time, and the Yankee partnership seemed to portend good things. I was always a little leery of the Man City ownership, not because of any ill will toward Man City, but because I was worried about something like this happening. But we were repeatedly assured that we had nothing to worry about it, and in today's global economy, it's not surprising that you may like a product although you may not like the corporate owner. But I love the game, and I was really happy to buy season tickets and help the game grow here. It's really a shame how that enthusiasm has been completely wrecked by this.

Thanks for being honest and putting in a thoughtful post. Clearly i cannot change any of that but i wanted to come here and see what was happening and talk football. I had a feeling it would be a majorily pissed off wasps nest, so i read a lot of posts to see opinion before opening my mouth. I learnt a lot. Quite a few didn't, and it has been like the scene in Saving Private Ryan where Tom Hanks was getting off the boat, watching some of the fire laid down towards some City fans. To be honest, some it was deserved, there was some idiotic posts.
I will be honest, i think what you guys have been told from CFG (which was sprung on us) and what we have be told have been different.

Well, there's a few fundament things they could have done different that would have gone a long, long way.

They should have made the carbon copy City jersey the AWAY jersey and the unique New York jersey the home jersey. People might have even got a chuckle out of the meaning of that. Having it the other way around puts a message out that you don't want to put out.

They should have said Lampard will join NYCFC after his commitment to MCFC is through and left it at that when announcing him. Just in case.

They should always handle situations where more than one team of the group is involved with a player as though the worst might happen from the beginning.

Cant argue with any of that. The fan always gets the shit. A bit of trivia, City's first shirt was Black with a Maltese Cross. Nor sure if i should have said that now.... however, for sure, that jersey has to be your jersey. What you believe and identify in.
Definitely true about FL. They know players and their contracts aint worth shit and anything can happen.
Say little and deliver big, not the other way round.
There are four in the group, i shudder to think what the Yokohama F. Marinos must be thinking.

Reactions: Narrowback gal
I know there is a general distaste for those who come here via MCFC (pretty deservedly tbf, and I could probably be faulted/credited as an early ringleader/voice,against many of them), but I hope to not run off the ones who actually recognize that our board is for NYCFC discussion and try to offer meaningful participation via insightful, sympathetic and/or hopeful posts.

I think mrplow2000 mrplow2000 has been pretty fair in his points, and he is trying to cheer us up. I know, it's not really possible at this moment due to the actions of CFG. But I don't want to come as attributing those faults and flaws to everyone who supports MCFC. I want to continue to have varying viewpoints and discuss them (somewhat) maturely, but as long as posters offer respect and civility, I will do the same, notwithstanding some good-natured ribbing.

That said, I'll be leading the charge to berate/ban those who condescend and/or post hostile messages solely designed to rile up the board.

With all that being said, I hope those people here from MCFC for more positive purposes will not be too turned off by my or others' tone and disregard for your posts. I think it's fair to say we all feel jilted and will be cautious to outright defensive in the near to medium term. If you allow folks the patience to deal with their feelings in their own time and in their own way, I think you'll find we have the beginnings of a fun and entertaining online community that fosters meaningful and intelligent (and some not so meaningful or intelligent) discussion on our club, MLS and soccer in general.

Just wanted to get that off my chest. Carry on, all you yank ECs and Mancunian wankers.

Fair post & one that I'm sure 99% of MCFC fans will respect. Although my first post my of seemed a tad dis-respectful I genuinely didn't mean it to come across that way - I was trying to be as honest as possible with my opinion on the matter without sounding like a tw@t! - I appreciate NYCFC supporters feel lied to with the way the situation has developed (I would if the shoe was on the other foot) but I still also think you are being naive to believe the CFG would not always put the interests of MCFC first - if the first part of Lampards' loan was successful he was ALWAYS going to stay until the end of the season, regardless of what was said in the past.

As has been posted before, this is all part of being a football fan...you take the good times with the bad. To say you don't want Lampard at the club after he has finished with MCFC is cutting off your nose to spite your face surely? He's an unbelievable player & will be a major assett to NYCFC when he eventually joins, trust me.

Thanks for the friendly chatter. As for the substance of your post, let's break this down. I hope you don't mind that I added some numbers in order to respond to your points.

[1.] I still also think you are being naive to believe the CFG would not always put the interests of MCFC first - 2. if the first part of Lampards' loan was successful he was ALWAYS going to stay until the end of the season, regardless of what was said in the past.

[3.]As has been posted before, this is all part of being a football fan...you take the good times with the bad. [4.] To say you don't want Lampard at the club after he has finished with MCFC is cutting off your nose to spite your face surely? He's an unbelievable player & [3.b] will be a major asset to NYCFC when he eventually joins, trust me.

1. That's why NYC needs its own CEO.
2. Since when? It wasn't even expected that he would play much. See FFF's own quotes.
3. & 3.b This is you being condescending. This is me telling you that I don't need your input on how to be a fan.
4. Most don't care. Many of us weren't too happy he was signed (or not signed or whatever) to begin with, but got on board with him after his PR junket. Now, he has left us without a key part of our midfield in order to chase his Chelsea revenge fantasies. It's nothing more than that, and you aren't being realistic if you believe that he actually cares for MCFC. Trust me, he's a mercenary, moreso than most. (see, I can do that, too)

Thanks for the friendly chatter. As for the substance of your post, let's break this down. I hope you don't mind that I added some numbers in order to respond to your points.

1. That's why NYC needs its own CE
2. Since when? It wasn't even expected that he would play much. See FFF's own quotes.
3. & 3.b This is you being condescending. This is me telling you that I don't need your input on how to be a fan.
4. Most don't care. Many of us weren't too happy he was signed (or not signed or whatever) to begin with, but got on board with him after his PR junket. Now, he has left us without a key part of our midfield in order to chase his Chelsea revenge fantasies. It's nothing more than that, and you aren't being realistic if you believe that he actually cares for MCFC. Trust me, he's a mercenary, moreso than most. (see, I can do that, too)

Thanks for your reply. I will reply to your comments above, below:

1. Agreed, it probably does now.
2. MCFC knew a long time in advance that there was a massive chance Yaya Toure would be away on African Cup of Nations Duty & with the restraints of signing another player due to FFP, Frank Lampard was always going to stay if the first 6 months of the move wasn't a total disaster. He wasn't going to play much? - No chance, he was always going to play a big part - my opinion.
3. Not condescending in the slightest. I am saying I've watched Lampard for Manchester City for a number of months now coupled with the times I've travelled to watch him play for England & if it was up to me I'd have him in the City's Starting XI every week. How is it being condescending to state the truth? Frank Lampard will be a major asset to NYCFC as he would to most Football Teams on the planet.
4. Chelsea revenge fantasies? Really? That is unbelievably delusional if you think that - He's Chelsea through & through. I don't think he cares for MCFC at all. In fact I know he doesn't care for MCFC, but he cares for winning & that's all I can ask for as a supporter of MCFC - as long as he gives 100% on the pitch, scores us goals & wins us games, I couldn't care less if he 'cared' for Manchester City Football Club or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Midas Mulligan
Thanks for your reply. I will reply to your comments above, below:

1. Agreed, it probably does now.
2. MCFC knew a long time in advance that there was a massive chance Yaya Toure would be away on African Cup of Nations Duty & with the restraints of signing another player due to FFP, Frank Lampard was always going to stay if the first 6 months of the move wasn't a total disaster. He wasn't going to play much? - No chance, he was always going to play a big part - my opinion.
3. Not condescending in the slightest. I am saying I've watched Lampard for Manchester City for a number of months now coupled with the times I've travelled to watch him play for England & if it was up to me I'd have him in the City's Starting XI every week. How is it being condescending to state the truth? Frank Lampard will be a major asset to NYCFC as he would to most Football Teams on the planet.
4. Chelsea revenge fantasies? Really? That is unbelievably delusional if you think that - He's Chelsea through & through. I don't think he cares for MCFC at all. In fact I know he doesn't care for MCFC, but he cares for winning & that's all I can ask for as a supporter of MCFC - as long as he gives 100% on the pitch, scores us goals & wins us games, I couldn't care less if he 'cared' for Manchester City Football Club or not.
Kippax the condescending bit in 3 is where you imagined you had some special knowledge or authority to lecture us on what is "all part of being a football fan."
A club and league committing fraud by saying the club signed a player when in fact that had not happened (FL was signed by the mother ship holding company because they planned for this all along) is not what should be part of being a fan.
That said, I agree generally with Midas that your tone is generally helpful with this one small misstep. Cheers.

NYCFC fans, as I have posted previously, have every right to be disillusioned with the Lampard situation. But what I sincerely hope you do is stick by the club. Abu Dhabi have pumped billions into City, making us competitive on and off the pitch, and have completely regenerated the surrounding area. These people are serious, committed and innovative. This is also reflected in your two DP signings. Has a player of David Villa's quality been enticed to the MLS before? You have had legends like Henry and Beckham, but Villa had just played an important role in a side that beat Real Madrid and Barcelona to the league title, as well as playing in a Champions League final. Likewise, Lampard is currently playing an important role for City's challenge for the title. These are big players who, in my opinion, are a level above any other DP's in the MLS thus far.

The owners have decided and agreed that City need Lampard this season more than NYCFC do. You have every right to be angry, and if I was a NYCFC fan I would be fuming too. But what about in a years time, say City have a promising youth player or an ageing star, and the owners decide, in spite of City's wishes, it would be more beneficial if they moved to NYCFC where they could contribute more? It's entirely hypothetical, but my point is I think Abu Dhabi have done so much for City that they should be given a chance to equally prove their commitment and desire to making NYCFC a force in the MLS. Their reputation is rightly tarred by the Lampard fiasco, but it should not be completely condemned. Please, continue to support NYCFC, and back the team as you know you can, because I have every reason to believe the owners will redeem themselves.

I hope this does not appear condescending and obviously it's easy for me to say this sitting in Manchester, but I thought it might be helpful to just provide a voice outside of New York and one that has first-hand experience of the positive impact Abu Dhabi have had not just on my club, but on the whole community.