Win - The Movie

Shane1988

Registered
Mar 8, 2016
Manchester, England
Hey guys

I believe their is a NYCFC movie coming out called Win which is a documentary in how the club began and set up

Their a Facebook page as well, if you type in "Win -The Movie", you should find it

I believe they planning to do screenings in NYC as well in the next month

A quick google of "NYCFC Win The Movie" will give you a better understanding

Reactions: LostAnvil
From what I've seen, this is going to cover the lead up to the first season. I'm pretty excited for it, but you have to imagine there is going to be some socially awkward Kreis love which will look very funny in retrospect.

It claims to be an all-access documentary. Which would mean they were there when the decision was made, in concert with MLS, to announce they signed Lampard to an MLS contract when if fact no such thing happened and he actually signed in secret with MCFC. Which would mean we should learn why they did this knowing it would blow up in their faces, which is still a mystery.
If it actually shows this I'll be shocked. If it doesn't show this it's corporate PR masquerading as art.

It claims to be an all-access documentary. Which would mean they were there when the decision was made, in concert with MLS, to announce they signed Lampard to an MLS contract when if fact no such thing happened and he actually signed in secret with MCFC. Which would mean we should learn why they did this knowing it would blow up in their faces, which is still a mystery.
If it actually shows this I'll be shocked. If it doesn't show this it's corporate PR masquerading as art.
Or.... it was decided one way (him to play immediately for us) and the cameras were rolling, and then CFG made the decision to keep him in Manchester while the cameras weren't around (because they were shadowing Reyna in NYC).

i may actually watch it....MLS/CFG mistakes and kreis and all.

Or.... it was decided one way (him to play immediately for us) and the cameras were rolling, and then CFG made the decision to keep him in Manchester while the cameras weren't around (because they were shadowing Reyna in NYC).
Out of everything that's ever been said here about the Lampard situation I think this is the most likely way it actually happened. I know there's a lot of Lampard hate still but this is the only thing that makes sense to me. I've been saying all along that we don't actually know what happened but I hope someday we eventually find out.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
My issue is not based on the intent of the parties as to where he would play. It has to do with his contract status which was a lie from the start. They announced in July 2014 that he signed an MLS DP contract for NYCFC. Then they said we loaned him to MCFC. Neither of these things ever happened. Eventually they admitted he never signed with us and his contract was directly with MCFC and there was no loan. Then he finally signed with us in January 2015. It's possible that they did this with the intent that his MC stay would be short term and he would start with us in preseason. But the main issue for some of us is that NYCFC and MLS decided to announce in July 2014 that Lampard signed an MLS DP contract when he never did so until January 2015. MLS put it on their transaction list in July 2014. There are dozens of posts from back then with citations to sources, including an admission by CFG in January 2015 that their prior announcements were not accurate.
The question being, i guess, if as you say, maybe "it was decided one way (him to play immediately for us)" [in summer 2014], then why didn't he just sign a contract with us when that decision was made? And why did MLS and NYCFC make a fake announcement when he did not?
This has all been gone over so many times I'm not getting into it again, but you seemed genuinely not to understand so I've made my attempt to explain. If I failed to help you understand, or if you understand and disagree, I'm fine with that. I'm just not doing this further.

My issue is not based on the intent of the parties as to where he would play. It has to do with his contract status which was a lie from the start. They announced in July 2014 that he signed an MLS DP contract for NYCFC. Then they said we loaned him to MCFC. Neither of these things ever happened. Eventually they admitted he never signed with us and his contract was directly with MCFC and there was no loan. Then he finally signed with us in January 2015. It's possible that they did this with the intent that his MC stay would be short term and he would start with us in preseason. But the main issue for some of us is that NYCFC and MLS decided to announce in July 2014 that Lampard signed an MLS DP contract when he never did so until January 2015. MLS put it on their transaction list in July 2014. There are dozens of posts from back then with citations to sources, including an admission by CFG in January 2015 that their prior announcements were not accurate.
The question being, i guess, if as you say, maybe "it was decided one way (him to play immediately for us)" [in summer 2014], then why didn't he just sign a contract with us when that decision was made? And why did MLS and NYCFC make a fake announcement when he did not?
This has all been gone over so many times I'm not getting into it again, but you seemed genuinely not to understand so I've made my attempt to explain. If I failed to help you understand, or if you understand and disagree, I'm fine with that. I'm just not doing this further.

That's the point. There's even a photo of him signing what we believed to be a MLS contract. Now we know he either didn't really sign his name, or it was some other document used for a photo op. I'd love if the cameras were there and zoomed in on the document itself to see what it actually said on it, or what he scribbled down on the paper.

Reactions: CatNYC
That's the point. There's even a photo of him signing what we believed to be a MLS contract. Now we know he either didn't really sign his name, or it was some other document used for a photo op. I'd love if the cameras were there and zoomed in on the document itself to see what it actually said on it, or what he scribbled down on the paper.

Probably just signing autographs for the guys in the room :p

Reactions: adam
I'm really interested to see how this turns out. The fact that it's called "Win" already makes it seem as if it'll be the filmic equivalent of counting one's chickens before they've hatched. In addition to the Lampard and Kreis sagas, it should be interesting to see how they handle the stadium issue.

I'm really interested to see how this turns out. The fact that it's called "Win" already makes it seem as if it'll be the filmic equivalent of counting one's chickens before they've hatched. In addition to the Lampard and Kreis sagas, it should be interesting to see how they handle the stadium issue.

i took it as ...we are here wanting to win ...thats the ultimate goal...not that we won already.

Don't get riled up this morning, I was definitely not trying to ruffle your feathers at all. You're one of the people that gives a fair and balanced post to most everything on the boards.

My only point, and you touched on this in your response, was that what was done for the cameras may have sometimes been for show - the cameras didn't know it, but CFG did (and in effect so did MLS). To take it further with respect to your first post, the film may show info of what it has, and while it may not be historically accurate since we know there was a slight of hand played (blank contract?), it is likely an accurate depiction/accounting for the filmmakers (and thus not exactly a corporate job of shilling, they just may not have had all of the source material to work with).

Living in England the gist of the Lampard situation originally was for Lampard to stay fit and play some competitive games then join NYCFC in January, however because he was playing well MC decided to extended his stay to the end of the PL season

Issue with this it's made Lampard look like he wasn't interested in joining NYCFC in the first place

I expect tickets to this film to be on Cityzens. Maybe even tickets to the premier and the red carpet as an auction.

Living in England the gist of the Lampard situation originally was for Lampard to stay fit and play some competitive games then join NYCFC in January, however because he was playing well MC decided to extended his stay to the end of the PL season

Issue with this it's made Lampard look like he wasn't interested in joining NYCFC in the first place
Bingo. I was saying all along that Lampard was caught in the middle and to his credit he did his best to not try to piss us off. I mean what was he supposed to do? His boss was saying stay in Man City and get back to MLS later.

Reactions: Seth and The Toe
Don't get riled up this morning, I was definitely not trying to ruffle your feathers at all. You're one of the people that gives a fair and balanced post to most everything on the boards.

My only point, and you touched on this in your response, was that what was done for the cameras may have sometimes been for show - the cameras didn't know it, but CFG did (and in effect so did MLS). To take it further with respect to your first post, the film may show info of what it has, and while it may not be historically accurate since we know there was a slight of hand played (blank contract?), it is likely an accurate depiction/accounting for the filmmakers (and thus not exactly a corporate job of shilling, they just may not have had all of the source material to work with).
Don't worry. I wasn't riled up. And if I had thought you were trying to do so I would not have engaged. My disclaimers were simply to foreclose further discussion of a topic I beat to death in the past. We're good.

Reactions: Ulrich
I seriously hope they have another film crew documenting this year for a sequel:

Actually Winning - Part Deux: The French Connection.

You're from England and new here on these boards, so I'll say go look up the conversations from late 2014 and not jump on you for that comment. But to explain it: the issue here in NYC was that the team, CFG, MLS, and Lampard himself all lied to us. They said he signed a DP contract with our team, had a contract signing on film (that we now know was faked), brought him to events, and used his signing as a way to sell season tickets to many of us. If they originally said he was signing with Man City to stay in shape and then could be loaned or transferred here in January, we would have been fine with it. And if they continued to be truthful and said that Man City needed him to stay, or he wanted to stay, or even both; I think we would have had less of an issue since we knew the situation. We probably would have rightfully asked or expected our team to sign a new 2nd DP to start the season with Villa, and then if Frank wanted to play for us, sign him as the 3rd DP in June. We may have lost out on Pirlo, had a better record, not gone through that losing streak, and Kriess would still be our coach; so in hindsight maybe it all worked out in the end. And that is why I don't think we're so bitter about the consequences, but we were lied to and the team still has never made amends for that. It's why we're all interested to see how it was handled behind the scenes and who was responsible for the lies.

Reactions: CatNYC and Jack
I avya
You're from England and new here on these boards, so I'll say go look up the conversations from late 2014 and not jump on you for that comment. But to explain it: the issue here in NYC was that the team, CFG, MLS, and Lampard himself all lied to us. They said he signed a DP contract with our team, had a contract signing on film (that we now know was faked), brought him to events, and used his signing as a way to sell season tickets to many of us. If they originally said he was signing with Man City to stay in shape and then could be loaned or transferred here in January, we would have been fine with it. And if they continued to be truthful and said that Man City needed him to stay, or he wanted to stay, or even both; I think we would have had less of an issue since we knew the situation. We probably would have rightfully asked or expected our team to sign a new 2nd DP to start the season with Villa, and then if Frank wanted to play for us, sign him as the 3rd DP in June. We may have lost out on Pirlo, had a better record, not gone through that losing streak, and Kriess would still be our coach; so in hindsight maybe it all worked out in the end. And that is why I don't think we're so bitter about the consequences, but we were lied to and the team still has never made amends for that. It's why we're all interested to see how it was handled behind the scenes and who was responsible for the lies.

I actually read reports in England on what you said, comes down to this MCFC are the parent club and NYCFC are the sister club, whatever MCFC says goes first, I think it was a cover up as Lampard was playing well for MCFC and decided they wanted to keep him to help their chances of winning the league, to NYCFC it was slap in the face as fans could interpret it as a market ploy, it wasnt handled well and I agree with you their

Tbh I dont see room for Frank in the team, you have a exciting player in Mix who plays similar to him and playing a 3 of Pirlo, Lampard and Mix isn't a good fit at all, I won't be surprised if he doesn't start much