World Cup 2022

Caught the Japan-Costa Rica game at Banter in Williamsburg. Five people there for kickoff, with another 10 by halftime. Coffee and breakfast sandwiches in addition to the usual alcohol options - beer list is better than standard sports bar. Great spot for soccer, as those in NYC know, though by reservation-only for the busier World Cup matches. Recommended for 5am kickoffs.

Also, if Wales beats England, Iran have to beat us to advance, which means if Wales take a lead, or even if they keep it even for a long while, Iran will have to come out of their shell and actually play soccer.
And England don't have too much incentive. They only don't advance if they lose by 3 or more to Wales. Add on to the fact that Group B plays against Group A in the knockout and the teams there, not sure there is too much incentive to finishing top of group or 2nd to avoid a top top contending team.

Reactions: KevinJRogers
Caught the Japan-Costa Rica game at Banter in Williamsburg. Five people there for kickoff, with another 10 by halftime. Coffee and breakfast sandwiches in addition to the usual alcohol options - beer list is better than standard sports bar. Great spot for soccer, as those in NYC know, though by reservation-only for the busier World Cup matches. Recommended for 5am kickoffs.
I'm impressed by anyone who can get up and leave their apartment in time to get to a bar for a 5 a.m. game. I've been getting up at 4:50 to watch the first games in bed, and it's not easy.

🙈🙈🙈
1669684589743.png

Barring a welsh win, if USA can beat Iran, looks like we get Holland in R16. It’ s never easy, but if we can get there these kids can show the world who they are.

Pleeeeeease GGG start Gio as the false 9!!!

Reactions: moogoo
Wow. His big change is to bench Zimmerman? We need offense in this match. Is CV faster? Is this a move to play a higher line and press harder?
CCV is a better passer out of the back. Sacrificing D and chemistry for better distribution to break down Iran D.

Reactions: FootyLovin
so far - everybody wanting their moment of glory is working against us.

pulisic looks tired. his big run into the iranian defense would have been a great chance at goal if he dished it to sergeant.

and hopefully he'd not actually injured. Get the feeling we need a second do not want to sit back and try to hold this.

and hopefully he'd not actually injured. Get the feeling we need a second do not want to sit back and try to hold this.

we definitely need a second. i hope we continue to patiently attack though. if we sit back in a shell 2nd half, we're gonna be in trouble.

looked to me like he got a bad charlie horse. gonna hurt bad but he seemed to be running fairly well toward the end of the half.

good fight. wright scared me by not going to the corner.

GB keeps his job... i think.