World Cup 2022

Haji Wright in. Otherwise same.

I was hoping to see Gio and Aaronson in the XI today, but let's hope for magic!

Draw England. Beat Iran=5 points
We are through. We win the group if Wales beat England, or draw and we overcome GD with England.

Draw England. Draw Iran= 3 points
We can't advance.

Draw England. Lose to Iran= 2 points
Greg Berhalter get's left in Qatar to work on the stadium deconstruction teams.
Go Wales
The Beautiful Game Futbol GIF by World Cup

With a US win against Iran. We finish first if Wales beats England. We also finish first if they draw, and we beat Iran by more than four.

Last edited:
Nothing better than when your midfield is better than the other guys.
Grealish caused a lot of trouble in 25 minutes and scared me every time he touched the ball.
Turner was strong, especially on high balls.
Our set piece game needs a Vartughian.
Gio didn’t do much but when he came on and they showed his dad I welled up a little.

Thought it was a good game for us. For a 0-0 game it was exciting. Could have won it. Not sure why they didn't put that last free kick into a dangerous position, it was too conservative. I would be happy not to see Moore again.
I think the plan was to get that free kick into a dangerous position and then they just fucked it up / England defended it well

Feels like the USA does a lot of things well, then the final touch lets them down. Fine result today, but you kind of wonder what could have been. Probably should have won this game and scored 1 or 2 goals. Feels like four points dropped in this group considering the quality of performances.

Reactions: SoupInNYC and adam
Go Wales

With a US win against Iran. We finish first if Wales beats England. We also finish first if they draw, and we beat Iran by more than four.
The correct chant is Augie Augie Augie, Oy Oy Oy!!!

Go Wales

Also, if Wales beats England, Iran have to beat us to advance, which means if Wales take a lead, or even if they keep it even for a long while, Iran will have to come out of their shell and actually play soccer.

Reactions: SoupInNYC and adam