World Cup 2022

I honestly can’t figure it out. Maybe jets bc they are young and upcoming (and will break your heart). But then i can’t figure out the rest. Think it’s just “NFL is on today, we also own the WC rights. Someone figure out some stupid shtick to cross-advertise it”
I think someone noticed there are 32 teams in both, then decided to do something clever.
Then forgot the clever.

Why the Jets? The U.S. has a lot of exciting young talent and some intriguing potential, but let's be honest: It's fair to say the hype often outpaces the product, given the amount of people that want this team to finally take the next step. It sounds a lot like the New York Jets — young and exciting, but perhaps not ready for prime time.

Having read skimmed that article I stand by my analysis.

But now I'm trying to figure out the arrangement of that graphic, because it does not seem to be either
  • alphabetical by NFL city
  • alphabetical by NFL team name
  • alphabetical by country
  • by NFL divisions
  • by World Cup Groups, or
  • the same as the article order.

• Haha
Reactions: adam
Having read skimmed that article I stand by my analysis.

But now I'm trying to figure out the arrangement of that graphic, because it does not seem to be either
  • alphabetical by NFL city
  • alphabetical by NFL team name
  • alphabetical by country
  • by NFL divisions
  • by World Cup Groups, or
  • the same as the article order.
All about google. They managed to get NFL, World Cup, Ronaldo and Tom Brady in the same header. That was the whole objective, nothing after that mattered.

Reactions: adam and mgarbowski
Lol is this just random? And do they think we have the flags memorized?
And now that I’m looking, I see there are 2 flags with green yellow and red bars with yellow in the middle and a star in the yellow. I hope they’re neighbors and hate each other. The vertical one is the Vikings so they’re my favorite.
Screw those horizontal red yellow (star) green jerks.
ETA: Oh! Also vertical Green red(star) yellow. Those guys cheese me off; think they’re special.
Senegal, Cameroon (vertical) and Ghana (horizontal). Sort of neighbors.

Reactions: mgarbowski
Yeah. I used the article as a key. All linked to NFC north teams too, as it happens
The NFC North. The CAF of the NFL, where most Americans can’t find their cities on a map and the most recognizable player from that division of this generation played for the highest bidder & was involved in government corruption.

I'm surprised more people haven't pointed out the irony of Morgan Freeman being a key part of USA's bid for the 2022 World Cup and then being in the opening ceremony for the bid that beat them out 12 years later

I'm surprised more people haven't pointed out the irony of Morgan Freeman being a key part of USA's bid for the 2022 World Cup and then being in the opening ceremony for the bid that beat them out 12 years later
It’s pretty apropos they used a sex offender to open the games.

Are you saying he didnt?

no i'm saying the whole opening ceremony was portraying a persona/belief that the qatar govt doesn't really believe in (i.e., accepting all people and learning from differences). so morgan freeman is there to pretend he's a good person too.

unhappy that iran has fallen apart after giving up 1 goal. they were putting up a damn good fight until then. hope they get some goals back to at least reduce England's GD.

I don’t ever root for injuries. But now that it has happened, I hope this keeper for Iran plays the next 2 games. It’s open season on this guy.

I don’t ever root for injuries. But now that it has happened, I hope this keeper for Iran plays the next 2 games. It’s open season on this guy.

now that you've said it, this guy is gonna turn into a brick wall vs the US.

• Haha