AndreT_NY

Registered
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 29, 2014
Long Island
Toothpick for Suarez.jpg

What does everyone else think?

Was watching with my wife getting ready to leave for work. "Holy shit he did not just bite someone again!" Not something you would expect to say during a soccer game.

He should be (re)evaluated by a psychiatrist and suspended pending clearance at the very least. Or. Banned from any professional soccer event forever. I know litigation is different from the US throughout the world but this guy is a known risk and when this happens again FIFA should be held responsible.

This guy has some issues. However, I think he knows exactly what he is doing and he will always do whatever it takes to win; even if it includes cheating.

I don't think he should be forced to seek mental help, but if they want him to, you won't see me complaining.

I think he should be banned for the rest of the World Cup and for a "significant" period of time there after (perhaps a whole season), but a lifetime ban is a little ridiculous especially when you consider the penalties levied against things such as racism.

Reactions: CP_Scouse
I don't know - I think he has a bad case of red mist. Something will happen to wind him up and he just gets this uncontrollable urge to hurt the person who got in his way. It just happens that his natural instinct is to bite.

It's funny, but I actually find it worse that he dives to hide his crimes - it's one thing not being able to control yourself (obviously that still needs punishing and fixing, somehow) but when he comes back to his senses his first reaction is not to apologise, or even to run to the referee to protest his innocence, but is to fall to the ground in mock agony in an attempt at getting the other player sent off for a crime he committed. It shows a pathological inability to accept any responsibility for his own reactions, and more importantly it shows he has a pathological disregard for any other person as his instinctive reaction to doing something wrong is to try to frame someone else. That's what truly disgusts me about Suarez.

Luis Suarez is banned for 9 international matches with Uruguay and an additional 4 months from all soccer activity.

Luis Suarez is banned for 9 international matches with Uruguay and an additional 4 months from all soccer activity.
I believe there's also a $115k fine as well. Will this effect any Liverpool matches?

Suarez is not allowed in any football stadiums for 4 months

And he's not allowed to do any "football activities", including administrative, which many are interpreting to mean he's not allowed to be involved in any transfers, which will surely upset Real Madrid.

Frankly this puts Liverpool in a bad spot. They miss Suarez for half of the UCL group matches, which probably puts them at a stretch to getting out of the group stage since they're in Pot 3. On the other hand, Suarez's courters (Barca, Real Madrid) could easily afford to lose him for those matches and get him full speed for the playoffs. Have to think Liverpool can only get an underwhelming transfer fee for his talent now.

Don't really care what Suarez does unless it has a direct effect (England don't count couldn't have cared less about their losses) do people really care that much about Chiellini? There's so much "false outrage" it reminds me of the whole argument with Cosmos fans about ownership, etc. On a much larger scale of course...

Lifetime ban talk is ludicrous. Cantona didn't get that for a far more violent act that could even have incited a crowd riot.

Maybe Suarez hates video replays...SORRY TECHNOLOGY and decided to generate some controversy himself.

Reactions: NYCBlue
Don't really care what Suarez does unless it has a direct effect (England don't count couldn't have cared less about their losses) do people really care that much about Chiellini? There's so much "false outrage" it reminds me of the whole argument with Cosmos fans about ownership, etc. On a much larger scale of course...

Lifetime ban talk is ludicrous. Cantona didn't get that for a far more violent act that could even have incited a crowd riot.

Maybe Suarez hates video replays...SORRY TECHNOLOGY and decided to generate some controversy himself.
I'm surprised at how many people are willing to be bend the rules of accepted social behavior because someone is a celebrity. We aren't talking about a kick or a punch. A grown man put another human's body in his mouth and bit hard enough to manipulate someone's skin. This is far more initimate than beating someone. If this lunatic did this in any setting outside of soccer he'd be arrested.

I can't understand how a man's athletic ability and celebrity status gives him a pass at commom human decency.

A lifetime ban in soccer isn't enough. He should be in a prison or evaluated pyschologically until it is guaranteed that this filth never attacks someone again in this capacity.

"Football related activities" includes training. He will not be allowed into Melwood until the end of Octoberso probably not fit until Mid Novemeber

If Cantona had kicked a crowd member on three separate occasions he absolutely would've been banned for life.

Reactions: grandsolo
There are two problems here:
1. Suarez has done this three times because he is a complete twunt. He dives consistently because he is a complete twunt. He handballs because he is a complete twunt. He says racist things because he is a twunt. Ladies and gentlemen, he is a twunt, and will continue to be a twunt because not only does he (effectively) get away with it, and not only because it is ingrained into him, but also because ...

2. Those around him (Uruguay International, Liverpool, etc) stand by him, no matter what.
Liverpool wore those stupid t-shirts. There was no comeuppance when after saying he would shake hands, he didn't. Uruguay FA (et al) now put this down to a conspiracy even in the face of damning evidence, to the point that it has become pathetic.

How can one help a man who is being protected and said of, that parts of the World wish to vilify him because of who he is?
FIFA get very little right these days, but if they stick to their guns, they will have at least gained a minuscule amount of respect from me.