Worldwide Stadium Food

CP_Scouse

Registered
Mar 27, 2014
Queens
This thread is here to explore how crappy or fantastic food is from other stadiums worldwide.

Yankee Stadium has good food. Nathans Hot Dog And Fries, NYY Steak, World of Beers, not bad. The prices are high (12$ for fries and a Pepsi from Nathans) but thats normal for all stadiums, right?

I've never been extremely sober in a stadium outside the US so i'm not so sure. All stadiums are overpriced, but I would guess that Yankee Stadium is a bit higher than most.

I wish they offered a little more of a healthy menu at one of the venues. Maybe they do and hopefully I just need to be informed ? I tried a grilled chicken sandwich last home match and I almost chocked. It was like eating sand. It was so overcooked that the grilled marks were toothpicks jabbing into the roof of my mouth. Guess its too much to ask for

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Most of my experience with football has taken place in my home country of Mexico. In fact, I was at a game just last night for a second division team in my hometown. Anyway, the stadium food was all sold by vendors walking up and down isles in between rows of the stadium. (They were kinda like the beer and peanut vendors at baseball games.) The vendors were selling: Clamatos, Papas Locas, burritos, cervezas, sodas, tacos, pizza, ribs, and chicken wings.

The food pretty much on par with what I've experienced at stadiums around México.

Reactions: CP_Scouse
Curry Pie and Bovril, Ibrox Stadium. Top drawer stuff.

Sadly you can't drink alcohol at Scottish games though...
Is that a Protestant designed rule? In the USA some Protestant groups are against the consumption of alcohol. I'm just curious to see if it's the same over there.

No offense intended towards people of Protestants faiths.

Is that a Protestant designed rule? In the USA some Protestant groups are against the consumption of alcohol. I'm just curious to see if it's the same over there.

No offense intended towards people of Protestants faiths.

Nah, There was a riot in the 1980 scottish cup final between rangers and celtic and the government banned alcohol at football games. Alcohol induced riot is what they called it, but in reality, it wasn't really.

Reactions: Z4CH3B99
Sadly you can't drink alcohol at Scottish games though...
3D-%D0%BF%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%BD%D1%82%D0%B5%D1%80-%D0%A1%D0%B2%D0%BE%D0%B8%D0%BC%D0%B8-%D0%A0%D1%83%D0%BA%D0%B0%D0%BC%D0%B8-1010101.jpeg

Nah, There was a riot in the 1980 scottish cup final between rangers and celtic and the government banned alcohol at football games. Alcohol induced riot is what they called it, but in reality, it wasn't really.
Interesting.

I try to avoid stadium food. Not sure I've ever been to a stadium with solid options.
Citi Field has some good food. Mostly it's regular stadium food but behind center field there's some actually good real food, things you go and get if they were regular restaurants. Don't seem to see anything like that at Yankee Stadium though, regardless of how much I may or may not like cheesesteaks. There are a couple of restaurants (that I haven't been to) but I'm not sure those really count.

Citi Field has some good food. Mostly it's regular stadium food but behind center field there's some actually good real food, things you go and get if they were regular restaurants. Don't seem to see anything like that at Yankee Stadium though, regardless of how much I may or may not like cheesesteaks. There are a couple of restaurants (that I haven't been to) but I'm not sure those really count.

OMFG the Pat LaFrieda filet mignon cheese steak @ citi field!!!! They put fresh sliced mignon on a club roll and they place onion soup on a hot stove and melt the cheese over it and place it on the steak. Its absolutely amazing and wish it was in YS too lol Id take the Pat LaFrieda over Carls that YS offers any day. Carls is only good from the old Carls location.Its complete trash at YS. Its not even the same taste

Reactions: FCRU

Word. I've mostly been trying out restaurants in the area because there's otherwise no reason for me to go there. The Feeding Tree is a solid go-to.

We were sat next to all the food last night and it was hella distracting. Not sure what smelled like pancakes, but I wanted basically everything, including what my friend called "fried stuff". Loving the beer at games, although my pretzel was super salty, so I think my body lost most of its moisture.

Do wish we could get a pie and a bovril though, that would really top things off.

We were sat next to all the food last night and it was hella distracting. Not sure what smelled like pancakes, but I wanted basically everything, including what my friend called "fried stuff". Loving the beer at games, although my pretzel was super salty, so I think my body lost most of its moisture.

Do wish we could get a pie and a bovril though, that would really top things off.
What is this pie that you English/Scottish people speak so highly of? Is it a sweet pie or a savory meat pie of some sort?

The humble Scotch Pie:

pie.JPG

I THINK you can get these at Myer's of Keswick in the Village, but you can certainly get them at St Andrew's in midtown (which I plan to do on Wednesday).

Basically a nice crispy crust with a compact "meat" in the middle. Perfect with a dollop of ketchup on top!

Although, be careful when you buy one - I biught one at Motherwell FC's Fir Park ground a few years back and when I bit in to it had a stream of hot grease pour down my jacket! I was literally standing there for a few seconds afterwards, jsut pouring the grease out before I could eat it.

Reactions: Z4CH3B99