Yankee Stadium Matchday Megathread

There really isn't anything else around there for storage , buy the nieces stuff after the match.

Last edited:
Don't see the point of starting a new thread so I'll just ask it here. Is it unrealistic to go from Yankee stadium to South Manhattan before 9:30pm by subway? I'm leaving by bus that night so I'm trying to figure out my departure time. It's just straight D line without transfers.

Last edited:
Don't see the point of starting a new thread so I'll just ask it here. Is it unrealistic to go from Yankee stadium to South Manhattan before 9:30pm by subway? I'm leaving by bus that night so I'm trying to figure out my departure time. It's just straight D line without transfers.
Not really sure what you are asking? The D train runs 24/7 and what's South Manhattan ? Most buses leave from Port Authority and that's Midtown Manhattan, unless you're taking one of the buses that run out of Chinatown?

Not really sure what you are asking? The D train runs 24/7 and what's South Manhattan ? Most buses leave from Port Authority and that's Midtown Manhattan, unless you're taking one of the buses that run out of Chinatown?
I was planning on doing the Chinatown one, but I just found the one in Midtown so I'll take that one instead. And sorry, I guess I'm just asking how long the D train roughly takes going from Yankee stadium back to Midtown. I'm assuming the game is over around 7:30-8:00 pm so I'm wondering if trying to catch a 9:30 pm bus is cutting it too close or not.

Last edited:
I was planning on doing the Chinatown one, but I just found the one in Midtown so I'll take that one instead. And sorry, I guess I'm just asking how long the D train roughly takes going from Yankee stadium back to Midtown. I'm assuming the game is over around 8:00 pm so I'm wondering if trying to catch a 9:30 pm bus is cutting it too close or not.
OK , the trip on the D train takes about 20-25 minutes to Port Authority/42st . If you're out of there and on the platform by 8:15 you should be fine and that will give you time to get to the right gate at PA.
http://tripplanner.mta.info/MyTrip/ui_web/customplanner/results.aspx

Reactions: whill4
Take into account the amount of people there too tho. It's not like you'd have the street and the station all to yourself.

The fastest way might be to take the Metro North train back to Grand Central and then head to 42nd Street on the shuttle. There is a Metro North thread that has the schedule for after the game.

At an average of $35 a ticket, probably took in $1.5 Million in gross revenue. Judging on lines in store and concessions probably another $2 Million on top of that.

Good chance they covered half the non DP wage bill today.

They can't handle the break between the half innings. You want service go to a mets game. Yankee stadium is the worst of any I have ever been to and I have been to a lot of venues around the country.