Yankee Stadium Matchday Megathread

The food at Legends has declined since 2009 when the Yankees won the world series, but it's definitely one of the best or the best luxury suite in professional sports. They used to have these lobster rolls at every game that were so good. I would eat like one an inning. For NYC FC they won't have the full spread for Legends seat tickets, but it will still be good. As for the rest of the stadium:

http://ny.eater.com/2014/3/31/6252165/what-to-eat-at-yankee-stadium-home-of-the-ny-yankees
I haven't been since 2009, but the best reference for me is that it's the best wedding food you've ever had -- not quite top restaurant quality, but best wedding.

I'm around the area a lot for court, so a few suggestions:

Diner across the street from the Bronx County Courthouse isn't half bad; its called Court deli.
Molino Rojo restaurant on 161st a few blocks east of the stadium near Walton has solid Spanish food.
Theres a Jamaican place called Flavas on Gerard just south of 161st, its good.
And theres a deli on Walton and 161st by the Burger King that has cheap good -sized sandwiches. Remember, outside food is allowed in the stadium, at least it has been all the years I've been going.

Is there a general Yankee Stadium thread? I've never been there and have some questions.

Saw SFphoto SFphoto ask if there was a general Yankee Stadium thread - couldn't find one that mainly talks about the building, local food, travel, rules, etc.

I'm sure a lot of us have questions on the eve of our inaugural season - so let's get our ducks all in a row

GvKqquJ.jpg

Reactions: einwindir
Couple of things. First off, I'm coming from Brooklyn. Probably taking the 4 form Atlantic terminal. Do they ever run express trains on gamedays?

Also, I have these awesome hand warmers. They are made by Zippo and kind of look like oversized Zippo lighters. They are completely flameless and last for hours. Do you think I'll have trouble getting them in? Do they do metal detectors there?

Reactions: LostAnvil
Couple of things. First off, I'm coming from Brooklyn. Probably taking the 4 form Atlantic terminal. Do they ever run express trains on gamedays?

Also, I have these awesome hand warmers. They are made by Zippo and kind of look like oversized Zippo lighters. They are completely flameless and last for hours. Do you think I'll have trouble getting them in? Do they do metal detectors there?

Yes, they have metal detectors.

Also, can my fiancé bring her purse in? It is like he NFL where you basically can't bring anything unless you buy one of their dumbass clear bags?

It depends what size her purse is. If it's just a regular sized one there won't be a problem. They will, however, make her open it so someone can see what's inside. Something oversized may be a problem. 16" x 16" x 8" is the limit.

There's no special gameday express for the #4, so the trip is what it is from Atlantic terminal. FWIW, I get on at Bowling Green and it's roughly 35 minutes from there.

Can't answer the question about the hand warmers, but they sound awesome.

Reactions: LostAnvil
Initial 10-day weather forecast for first home game is out and shows temperature range of 34-43 and 60% chance of rain (at some point during the day).
IMG_3190.PNG

Reactions: Kjbert
Purses are fine, and they generally are more lenient with women with one bag even if it may not perfectly fit the sizing parameters. Security is much stricter on dudes, as I have seen all types of briefcases, computer bags, and back-packs rejected. A very small, soft back-pack generally is ok. They generally will wand and pat down folks as well, so anything questionable, even possibly what sound like really cool Zippo gloves, may get rejected. I've always played it safe, as having to discard or find a bar to store your stuff is not worth the hassle (if you have a parked car, it's not the end of the world, other than the walk back).

maybe because it was the summer but all i remember was a pat down when chelsea came to play. no metal detectors etc.

mgarbowski mgarbowski the weather is barely accurate 3 days out, let alone 10 - hoping it's not going to rain
I know: i'm just glad the the temperature trend clearly indicates that the frigid temps we've had to 7-8 straight weeks will break. I'm not too mindful of the rain forecast at this point (and personally my tix are under the overhang) but I'm tentatively optimistic that we won't be having to sit in single digit or even sub-freezing temps. It's not a given but there's more reasonto hope than there was a few days ago.

I know: i'm just glad the the temperature trend clearly indicates that the frigid temps we've had to 7-8 straight weeks will break. I'm not too mindful of the rain forecast at this point (and personally my tix are under the overhang) but I'm tentatively optimistic that we won't be having to sit in single digit or even sub-freezing temps. It's not a given but there's more reasonto hope than there was a few days ago.

35 isnt' breaking. I mean I know that it will be 10 degrees tonight. But it's not prime opening day weather!