Yankee Stadium Matchday Megathread

Ya they're going to be pretty standard subway sized. I bet you could find the actual dimensions somewhere online.

Reactions: CP_Scouse
How wide are the seats? I ask because a cousin of mine is on the heavy side and he loves soccer more than anyone I know and I haven't told him I have season tickets to NYCFC because I feel he might be uncomfortable during the game.

Can those of you who've been to the stadium chime in.
The seats are 19" to 24" inches wide. I assume the premium seating areas would be the wider ones.

Is he the kind of guy who's really sensitive to talking about his weight? Because if not you should just say "Hey, I've got season tickets, and I'd love to take you along for a few games, but I'm worried you'll be uncomfortable in the stadium seats." Then see what he thinks.

I'm pretty sure he'd prefer you being honest to finding out down the line that you had tickets and never told him because you thought he was too fat.

Is anyone thinking of pregaming at Nevada Smiths? It is right on the 4 line, so we can hop on the train and head up to the game with a bit of a buzz.

any idea if the D train will be stopping at YS? especially considering its a sunday? not trying to get on the train then get carried all the way up into the 200's

any idea if the D train will be stopping at YS? especially considering its a sunday? not trying to get on the train then get carried all the way up into the 200's
I hope so. I took the D up there today from Atlantic Center. Super easy.

I'm curious to know whether they will allow tailgating in the parking garages.

I would elaborate, but my neighbor's dog just left some Kaka in my front lawn, and I need to run out and clean it up.

Is anyone thinking of pregaming at Nevada Smiths? It is right on the 4 line, so we can hop on the train and head up to the game with a bit of a buzz.

I may had been delirious or imaging so please take this with a grain of salt( it was like 2 am when I read this about a week ago and I did RSVP but I was very sleepy by then). Check the Third Rail website - They are planning to get together at a local bar near Yankee stadium and go as a group chanting and singing to the stadium. seems like fun. I Will join them if it does not rain or snow.

Asking again - is there a March to the stadium next weekend?

Hi!
I may had been dreaming or imaging so please take this with a grain of salt( it was like 2 am when I read this about a week ago and I did RSVP but I was very sleepy by then). Check the Third Rail website - They are planning to get together at a local bar near Yankee stadium and go as a group chanting and singing to the stadium. seems like fun. I Will join them if it does not rain or snow.

I may had been delirious or imaging so please take this with a grain of salt( it was like 2 am when I read this about a week ago and I did RSVP but I was very sleepy by then). Check the Third Rail website - They are planning to get together at a local bar near Yankee stadium and go as a group chanting and singing to the stadium. seems like fun. I Will join them if it does not rain or snow.
That's great! I totally wanna be a part of that, but I can't seem to find it on their Fb page. Any TR members who can give some info?

I'm curious to know whether they will allow tailgating in the parking garages.
I'm not sure about tailgating, this is my first time to the new yankee stadium. We're going not expecting to tailgate, as the season moves along and we get more comfortable with the different garages and parking lots, hopefully that will happen. Right now if I had to guess based on zero personal knowledge I'd say the Harlem River Parking Lots are a sure fire tailgate area, just a parking lot, not a garage. It is also the longer walk to the stadium.