Yankee Stadium Matchday Megathread

35 isnt' breaking. I mean I know that it will be 10 degrees tonight. But it's not prime opening day weather!
We've has about 8 straight weeks in which the HIGH broke 35 maybe 3 times total, and was usually mid-20s or lower. In any other winter, this projection would be a disappointment. Not this year.
When did I become Mr. Look-On-The-Bright-Side?

I even did a test run at a Yankee game and sat in my seats. Can't wait!!!

Check the virtual venue on the NYCFC website. You can pan up and see where the roof line is.

I am in row 1 of section 208, so have to hope for no rain!
Does 208 have any cover at all? I'm in row 9, but I can't get the damn virtual venue to pan up to check the roof.

Does 208 have any cover at all? I'm in row 9, but I can't get the damn virtual venue to pan up to check the roof.
looks like you might luck out, but it's hard to tell

UDkJfwR.png

Row 16 looks to be completely covered - so you might be right there in 9 - also depends on the wind

Reactions: Kjbert and Gene
This last 3 weeks have just flown by in a blink. Last year seemed like an eternity to wait for the season to start. I feel like an air head. I have no idea where or if I will like my seat, or if I will be seated comfortably because I have never been to the new stadium. Don't miss understand. I have season tickets and have chosen my seat and have examined carefully the virtual venue yet " Reality" can be different - I am getting ifty, and this winter has been brutal. I will ask the God of thunder, Thor please no snow or rain because don't want to worry about my hair too:rolleyes:

PS :I just spoke to Dan Steeve Director of Fan services and he suggested to get to the stadium around 3Pm

This last 3 weeks have just flown by in a blink. Last year seemed like an eternity to wait for the season to start. I feel like an air head. I have no idea where or if I will my seat, or if I will be seated comfortably because I have never been to the new stadium. Don't miss understand. I have season tickets and have chosen my seat and have examined carefully the virtual venue yet " Reality" can be different - I am getting ifty, and this winter has been brutal. I will ask the God of thunder, Thor please no snow or rain because don't want to worry about my hair too:rolleyes:

PS :I just spoke to Dan Steeve Director of Fan services and he suggested to get to the stadium around 3Pm
Get there 2 hours early because why? Did he hint? I don't even mean specifics, but categories:
  • security or crowd issues
  • cool goings-on
  • they hope we'll spend more money
And I'll say a little prayer for your hair as well.

Seriously, you are all looking at the wrong weather service. Accuweather says it's going to be in the 40s with no rain and decreasing clouds. Accuweather is always right, even 10 days out. Weather precision at its best. Come on, let's go with it.

Get there 2 hours early because why? Did he hint? I don't even mean specifics, but categories:
  • security or crowd issues
  • cool goings-on
  • they hope we'll spend more money
And I'll say a little prayer for your hair as well.

Mmm... No specifics but I think you hit it on the nail and most likely the order of choices is last to first. Bless you for the prayer. lol

Reactions: mgarbowski
Mmm... No specifics but I think you hit it on the nail and most likely the order of choices is last to first. Bless you for the prayer. lol
Yankee Stadium policy generally is that the doors open 2 hours before gametime, so he may have been referencing that. (Although, as a footnote, someone else on here mentioned that they may be modifying that to 90 minutes for the soccer matches which remains unconfirmed).

Seriously, you are all looking at the wrong weather service. Accuweather says it's going to be in the 40s with no rain and decreasing clouds. Accuweather is always right, even 10 days out. Weather precision at its best. Come on, let's go with it.
I definitely like your Accuweather over my Weather Channel.

Two hours before the game? I can't imagine why. Then again, given the track record of the organizations PR Dept one shouldn't be surprised at anything.

Reactions: Kjbert and JayH
Can't imagine overcrowding or security would be an issue as I've gone through the gates pretty quick for Yankee playoff games with 20+k more people attending the game. I'm sure there will be a decent amount of fanfare and bs that they'll roll out on the field for the first game, so I'd imagine getting there a half hour beforehand should be fine.

Reactions: Kjbert
How wide are the seats? I ask because a cousin of mine is on the heavy side and he loves soccer more than anyone I know and I haven't told him I have season tickets to NYCFC because I feel he might be uncomfortable during the game.

Can those of you who've been to the stadium chime in.