2015 U. S. Open Cup

The games will not be played at Yankee Stadium. They are fairly confident they will not host a single USOC game. All will be away games.
I'm fairly certain that NYCFC will play all their USOC games away. If they advance to the semis maybe they will host. But most likely they will play all of them away, even the final, if they get that far. It takes a lot of depth to make it through the USOC. Usually most MLS teams play the B team (bench). Not sure how that works now with all the USL Pro affiliations.

Reactions: Kjbert
MetLife Stadium for the later rounds if we're the home team. NYCFC will organize bussing like was done with the Super Bowl. Pack at least 30,000+ in the lower bowl.

So I did some research. I excluded any soccer stadium outside of the 5 boroughs (i.e. Hofstra, MetLife). I also excluded the extremely unlikely (i.e. CitiField). I went in order of capacity. All facilities are turf.

Columbia U - Robert K. Kraft Field at Lawrence A. Wien Stadium (Capacity 17000)
Fordham U - Jack Coffey Field (Capacity 7000)
Randall's Island - Icahn Stadium (Capacity 5000)
Columbia U - Columbia Soccer Stadium (Capacity 3500)
St Johns U - Belson Stadium (Capacity 2600 - 5000)
Manhattan College - Gaelic Park (Capacity 2000)

Did I miss anything?

SUNY - Reinhart Field (Capacity 1,500)
Local sides - Metropolitan Oval (Capacity 1,500)
(They're probably too small anyway)

If we look outside the 5 boroughs:
Local sides - Mitchel Athletic Complex Stadium (Capacity 10,000)
Medaille College - All-High Stadium (Capacity 4,000)
Iona College - Mazzella Field (Capacity 2,440)
Westchester Flames - City Park Stadium (Capacity 1,850)
Hofstra U - Hofstra University Soccer Stadium (Capacity 1,600)

I'm fairly certain that NYCFC will play all their USOC games away. If they advance to the semis maybe they will host. But most likely they will play all of them away, even the final, if they get that far. It takes a lot of depth to make it through the USOC. Usually most MLS teams play the B team (bench). Not sure how that works now with all the USL Pro affiliations.

Why do they play B teams? Isn't this tournament a priority, or is it considered a waste of time?

SUNY - Reinhart Field (Capacity 1,500)
Local sides - Metropolitan Oval (Capacity 1,500)
(They're probably too small anyway)

If we look outside the 5 boroughs:
Local sides - Mitchel Athletic Complex Stadium (Capacity 10,000)
Medaille College - All-High Stadium (Capacity 4,000)
Iona College - Mazzella Field (Capacity 2,440)
Westchester Flames - City Park Stadium (Capacity 1,850)
Hofstra U - Hofstra University Soccer Stadium (Capacity 1,600)
Actually played against Medaille this year in college. That stadium would be a bad choice I'm thinking. Its extremely out of the way and very run down. Covered seating on only one side and the field has so many random lines on it. The best college in the area to host a game like that would be SUNY Cortland, and even that would be a bad idea.

Reactions: Kjbert and kcmp9407
Yeah I think so, not everyone here drive it has to be a place the NYC fans can get to.
Dude, English is not your first language, right? Because I can't understand like 90% of your posts. The ones I can are only links.

Fabio is EASL, but his shit is at least only order or agreement. Your shit is not even close to logical.

He's BAAAACKK!
jack-nicholson-gif-7-1.gif

Fair play. I think my post when I re-read it comes off very assholish in tone. My apologies.

I also thought you could be drunk. I often don't understand my own posts when I'm 8 drinks deep and infuriated from FIFA 15 handicapping.
its cool

How's this for a scenario.......
  • NYCFC goes deep into the tournament.
  • As usual, the team from Harrison is bounced early.
  • NYCFC is designated home team for a quarter final, semi final or the final match itself. (All 3?)
  • NYCFC uses Red Bull Arena for quarter final, semi final or the final match itself. (All 3?)
The shit storm this would create on the internet would be a gift!

Reactions: The Toe and Kjbert
i really could care less if we play at RBA, ever. As long as it's not the final solution like Stubhub was for Chivas.

US Open Cup hosting allocation is randomly assigned. So hosting or playing away is a 50-50 chance. I imagine we will play in the city at a sub-10k stadium. Yankee Stadium is not logistically possible and the attendance would also not be worth it. Teams get four figures for the Open Cup. Any of the small college fields could work. Not just soccer specific stadia but football lines could be in our US Open Cup future.

Reactions: Kjbert