2015 Women's World Cup

#NowItGetsReal USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! 1 Nation. 1 Team.

Reactions: mgarbowski and joe
England win a knock-out round game, and beat a European side, for the first time ever in their World Cup history, and go through to the quarters thanks to this stunner of a goal:

The U.S. and Colombia kick off in a matter of moments!

Colombia has been talking a lot of smack lately. I hope the U.S. comes out and destroys Colombia showing them who the better team really is.

Reactions: mgarbowski
What's up with the crowd size for this game?! It's a knockout round game and hardly anyone is there!

Reactions: LionNYC
What's up with the crowd size for this game?! It's a knockout round game and hardly anyone is there!

I don't know what FIFA is going to announce, but it looks like nobody made the trip to Edmonton. I think everyone is just sitting and waiting in Vancouver for the final. This is definitely less than 10,000.

Reactions: Z4CH3B99
We better win this game by a large margin. I want four goals and a clean sheet.

With another lackluster performance the USWNT head to the break tied 0-0.

To make matters worse Megan Rapino and and Lauren Holiday both picked up their second yellow card and will miss the next match assuming the U.S. advance.

The refereeing in this match is so terrible. The US did not deserve those two yellow cards and will be missing key players if and when they beat Colombia. The only way I see Columbia winning this game is at the hands of the French referee. Colombia is also diving.

The refereeing in this match is so terrible
Yeah, and even though it was in our favor, the red against the Colombian keeper seemed kinda bullshit.

Honestly I have not been too impressed with the US in this match. Very few well constructed attacks, they can't seem to deal with Colombia's movement, ball control or speed (at least until Colombia got gassed).

Nice goal by Morgan, though.

And, granted, the Colombian keepers kept the score from being 4-0, I suppose.

I fear France or Germany will rip us up if we face them, from what I've seen of how those teams are playing.

The team looked pretty subdued after winning and it felt more like "we should have played much better" than "meh, it was just Colombia". I think they know it was a weak showing.

Last edited:
I'm officially worried. It's a good thing our defense is awesome and we have Hope Solo, but Jill Ellis' strategy to just kick it to Wambach simply isn't working. We're without Rapinoe and Holiday next match, so hopefully we can get it together or continue to get lucky.

Yeah, and even though it was in our favor, the red against the Colombian keeper seemed kinda bullshit.

In real time I thought straight red as soon as it happened, though on the replay it was definitely on the line. Still I can see why the call got made depending on her position .

Still you're right about overall performance. We should have had more than one goal in open play against 10 with a third string keeper for an entire half.

In real time I thought straight red as soon as it happened, though on the replay it was definitely on the line. Still I can see why the call got made depending on her position .

Still you're right about overall performance. We should have had more than one goal in open play against 10 with a third string keeper for an entire half.
I guess the card was specifically for denial of an obvious goalscoring opportunity rather than the contact foul. So I'm wrong. But WHATEVER.

Kate Markgraf is so gorgeous these days. She's aged well.

Last edited:
It seems like while the rest of the world has progressed and gotten better than US still wants to win by being stronger/faster than everyone else and the technical ability hasn't improved enough to keep up with the new better level of competition so we struggle. I'm ready for Wambach to retire and let Alex Morgan be the offensive focus of the team now.

I'm just looking forward to the Germany v. France game. Let's see what the Germans are made of

It seems like while the rest of the world has progressed and gotten better than US still wants to win by being stronger/faster than everyone else and the technical ability hasn't improved enough to keep up with the new better level of competition so we struggle. I'm ready for Wambach to retire and let Alex Morgan be the offensive focus of the team now.

If anything, we regressed while everyone else got stronger.

Reactions: LostAnvil