2015 Women's World Cup

Did anyone see the American Outlaws Denver page posted during the game?

CIJolVfUYAApPQ2.jpg:large

Apparently like 20 seconds later the guy owned up to it and resigned from his position immediately.
Good thing those white knights were there to defend the Colombians who didn't notice and probably wouldn't have cared anyway.

That's the real "Ugh."

England crushes the dreams of the host nation Canada with a 2-1 victory. The Tuesday semifinal will be USA-Germany; Wednesday semifinal is Japan-England.

I like our chances of winning the World Cup:
USA beat Germany: World War I, World War II
USA beat Japan: World War II
USA beat England: Revolutionary War...tied England: War of 1812

Draw my ass. We won in added time. Treaty be damned. Everyone where I'm from knows this.

Draw my ass. We won in added time. Treaty be damned. Everyone where I'm from knows this.

That's the strangest definition of a win I've ever seen. It's a bit like coming up against your opponent in the Chess Grand Finals and failing to overcome them, so after the game you walk up to their 5-year old child and nick the kid's ice cream.

Also, I think you'll find that we won the War of 1812. You guys ran a mile when you realised that we were about to send over our actual army who had just defeated Napoleon, as opposed to the training battalions and yokel militia we'd been using against you as a bit of a private joke.

Remind me again of how that White House paint job looked in 1814?

[/QUOTE]

Anyway, back on topic - very shaky win by England last night. The game was played at a furious pace, but neither team looked like they had a grasp on the game for more than a couple of minutes. Both teams were ceding possession all over the pitch - the first English goal came from one of Canada's defenders tripping over the ball and leaving a clear run through on goal, for example - and all of the goals seemed to come at a time when the team which scored was not exerting particular pressure.

Throughout the game, the commentators were constantly spouting off statistics about how England have some of the worst ball retention and defensive ability of all teams in the tournament, including those who got knocked out in the group stage. I sincerely doubt England have a chance of reaching the final, unless they come up against another opponent who fails to organise themselves.

Last edited:
Reactions: FootyLovin
I... was wrong!
I've said this before. Online forums are no place for humility, acquiescence or respect.

Dammit, when you are wrong, you don't say you're wrong!

Stick with your point. Insult the other guy's momma! Do something!!!

Never admit you were wrong! It's un-American.

Oh. Wait a sec. You're not a Brit are you? In that case, totally go ahead. Say you're wrong anytime. Our American ideals of hubris and general Kanyeism don't apply to you.

That's the strangest definition of a win I've ever seen. It's a bit like coming up against your opponent in the Chess Grand Finals and failing to overcome them, so after the game you walk up to their 5-year old child and nick the kid's ice cream.

Also, I think you'll find that we won the War of 1812. You guys ran a mile when you realised that we were about to send over our actual army who had just defeated Napoleon, as opposed to the training battalions and yokel militia we'd been using against you as a bit of a private joke.

Remind me again of how that White House paint job looked in 1814?

Scoreboard. ;)

Reactions: Albany_NYCFC
How's your Queen? I like her, but she's not mine. Don't have one in fact.
We won.

Haha. She's doing pretty well, thanks. Still reigning in Canada, for the record. Incidentally, we had no intentions of conquering the US, which is why we withdrew our army again after burning Washington. Our war goal was simply to teach you a lesson. Of the two, we were the ones who achieved our objectives ;)

Anyway, I've got a feeling that this is being pulled a little too far off target.

Haha. She's doing pretty well, thanks. Still reigning in Canada, for the record. Incidentally, we had no intentions of conquering the US, which is why we withdrew our army again after burning Washington. Our war goal was simply to teach you a lesson. Of the two, we were the ones who achieved our objectives ;)

Anyway, I've got a feeling that this is being pulled a little too far off target.
Yeah, you're wrong, but I'll let you have the last word.:p
Well, except this, which does circle back in the direction of the true topic: If you won. we'd be calling it football. Cheers.

It was an absolutely amazing preformance by the ladies tonight!

Bring on Japan/England! Time for that 3rd star!

Reactions: TabascoDiva
Completely revamped tactics. Were we sandbagging the world?

Also, I really like Ari. Her and Wynalda's constant flirting makes it worth watching. She's actually pretty damn charming for a Kraut.

Last edited:
I am not too much into the USWNT , but tonight the game was entertaining, and exciting to watch . I will be watching the final this weekend. Yeah go Girls! USA to the end.