2016 Jersey Thread

I would like to see some more cohesive and well-thought-out visual branding overall over the next couple of years. Optimisically, I tell myself that it's something that takes time, but I've been a little disappointed so far. We have our fair share of branding expertise in NYC, we should be doing better.

Has anyone seen the jersey in person yet? Looks purple in that photo...
The orange is off too, so it could be a function of the camera & flash. That said, the travel hoodie is not true dark blue - it's dark blue with a twinge of purple that brightens it, just enough so you do a quick double-take. The orange is definitely a bold orange (not like the color in Cruz's picture).

The orange is off too, so it could be a function of the camera & flash. That said, the travel hoodie is not true dark blue - it's dark blue with a twinge of purple that brightens it, just enough so you do a quick double-take. The orange is definitely a bold orange (not like the color in Cruz's picture).

The white balance seems to be way off in the photo. Look how strange the woman off his right shoulder looks. Her coat appears to be glowing orange, I wouldnt trust any of the colors in the photo.

Maybe it was the video feed but I couldn't see the circles during play - it was just a blue jersey as far as I was concerned.
My feed was good and the rings were clear during close ups and a white blur from a distance, which I didn't find distracting.

Reactions: Kjbert
Maybe it was the video feed but I couldn't see the circles during play - it was just a blue jersey as far as I was concerned.

Yeah, the only reason people are giving for liking it is that they couldn't actually see it when zoomed out, lol.

The backs look too Mets/Knicks for my taste. I actually prefer the front to break up the orange- dark blue loser color scheme

I preferred the black as a base color for our alternates too. I'd like to see blue/white home jerseys and orange/black alternates.

Super quick mockups:

8ZhA8xE.png
0KEccfH.png

EDIT: Lol, just realized that the second one is basically Houston's new kit. The designer tool I used only had four patterns though, and this is just to illustrate the general color patterns I would like to see.

Reactions: BEC SPK