2017 Summer Signings

Very odd for Yangel to retweet that. If we don't improve the club before deadline day (including free agents here) I don't see us getting far.

If we don't acquire any talent and we actually lose Herrera, somebody needs to lose their job. I don't think that's unfair.

Toronto made it perfectly clear that we don't have the depth to win the cup and this was our opportunity to get closer to equal footing. Losing Herrera all but guarantees defeat in the postseason and really doesn't do anything to improve our position going into next season.

If we don't acquire any talent and we actually lose Herrera, somebody needs to lose their job. I don't think that's unfair.

Toronto made it perfectly clear that we don't have the depth to win the cup and this was our opportunity to get closer to equal footing. Losing Herrera all but guarantees defeat in the postseason and really doesn't do anything to improve our position going into next season.
If we lose Hererra under any circumstances, somebody should lose their job. A team poised to compete for hardware cannot have one leg chopped out from under it midseason when its finally clear that the said player is a vital cog.

Hey, what's Freddy Adu up to?
giphy.gif

Reactions: Kjbert
It's not about where we are in the table, it's about effort to improve. I agree there's a fine line between buying just to buy and trying to improve at all costs, but we also don't get that cap space back if we don't use it.

And I don't totally buy your Brovsky line. This is a global market. I guarantee you there are decent players that would like to play for us today.

What's Dilly Duka doing? Can't we bring Conor O'Brien in for a trial this week? I want to hear about something we are doing to try and improve.

of course there are players that want to play for us....but are they good enough? we can only bring one since we only have one international spot.....as for the other kids...i dont think we are improving with them...we are filling back up holes i think....which is fine but having them doesnt make us better

i mean if not they would not of been waived or free agents

of course there are players that want to play for us....but are they good enough? we can only bring one since we only have one international spot.....as for the other kids...i dont think we are improving with them...we are filling back up holes i think....which is fine but having them doesnt make us better

i mean if not they would not of been waived or free agents

See the Maund post above. Think Reyna called RSL? I'm guessing no.

It's not about where we are in the table, it's about effort to improve. I agree there's a fine line between buying just to buy and trying to improve at all costs, but we also don't get that cap space back if we don't use it.

And I don't totally buy your Brovsky line. This is a global market. I guarantee you there are decent players that would like to play for us today.

What's Dilly Duka doing? Can't we bring Conor O'Brien in for a trial this week? I want to hear about something we are doing to try and improve.
Duka on trial in New Jersey. The whiner liked what he sees.

Reactions: Kjbert and sbrylski
Remember that we need to try and gets guys who are comfortable playing out of the back, especially since they are coming in mid-season and won't have the pre-season to integrate into the system. Even though PV has been showing more tactical flexibility with the long balls, we are still primarily playing out of the back and need good passers of the ball who are comfortable under pressure. What's the point of signing someone if they can't play the system?

Remember that we need to try and gets guys who are comfortable playing out of the back, especially since they are coming in mid-season and won't have the pre-season to integrate into the system. Even though PV has been showing more tactical flexibility with the long balls, we are still primarily playing out of the back and need good passers of the ball who are comfortable under pressure. What's the point of signing someone if they can't play the system?
I don't think you understand, this is the forums, we demand any signing...