2018 Roster Discussion

Theory on Twitter:

He had offers with significant salary raises to leave right now
We re-signed him to keep him here through the World Cup
He still intends to leave after the World Cup
We sign the French kid at Lyon

Who's the French kid at Lyon?

Question for the Forums' GAM Rules Committee:

Let's say the TAM was used for the contract purchase and we sell him. Do we only have to get more than his contract to get the GAM allowance or do we have to get the contract plus the TAM costs to get the GAM allowance?

Your question is making me reread the Roster rules and regulations + the MLSPU agreement again and what I've found out so far is thus.

They completely changed the rules... again; to the point where I need to do a post on rules for next year.

This may take a bit longer than anticipated.

Question for the Forums' GAM Rules Committee:

Let's say the TAM was used for the contract purchase and we sell him. Do we only have to get more than his contract to get the GAM allowance or do we have to get the contract plus the TAM costs to get the GAM allowance?
That's an interesting question. I don't think using TAM for acquisition costs is a factor. The only time from my knowledge that acquisition costs matter is for DPs. Teams get back whatever money they paid in a transfer fee for a DP before it can get allocation dollars.

Reactions: Kjbert
That's an interesting question. I don't think using TAM for acquisition costs is a factor. The only time from my knowledge that acquisition costs matter is for DPs. Teams get back whatever money they paid in a transfer fee for a DP before it can get allocation dollars.

Correct. Which is why the Almiron deal was a no-brainer. There was no way he would be worth less than $8 Million after this season.

My thinking was more along the lines of the Omar Gonzales transfer where he was making $1 Million, he moves to Mexico on a deal for $750k and the Galaxy get nothing for it

Reactions: JayH
So he’s a left back, is NYCFC going anti-Klinsmann and loading up at the position? They already have Sweat, Matarrita and now Nganioni?

Maybe they are doing with Matarrita what so many want the club to do with Gio Reyna. Sign him to sell him.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
He's available on a free.

I wonder why we haven't been linked with more French players considering PV's stature

Reactions: D_RoyJenkins
Can anyone translate?
He's under contract with Lyon till June 2018. He's finally rested and healthy from a left knee injury and coming back from training with the Lyon reserve team for about a month. He's eager to get back to playing first team minutes.

We were informed that there are a number of clubs interested in him, some from Ligue 2 and some international clubs of the likes of AEK Athens and New York City FC