2018 Roster Discussion

Ugh. Not the direction I'd prefer. But it would be a step up from what we saw from RJ or Ethan.

I'd take Struna at his price and use the money elsewhere. I don't see game-changing difference between the two.

Reactions: Mario and Kjbert
giphy.gif

I think it's us doing him a solid. If Ferraressi is on board, how much of a salary reduction are we talking? Going to half his wages?

matarrita signed an extension im hearing. not confirmed by the club yet. no statements have been made. previous posts are farcical

why do i feel its thats bad ....or is it good? these rules always confuse me in terms of budget strategy

Well, it's bad because we are using TAM to keep our roster current rather than to improve it.

It also means that Matarrita is making over $500K now, because there is no transfer fee to pay (unless somehow this involves a buyout of the Alajuelense interest).

The injury means he isn't getting transferred this off-season - at least not at a decent fee. This probably ties him up a bit longer, so that we won't lose him on a free transfer in the near future.

Matarrita's new contact is now worth more than $481,000 per year. TAM is being used to pay it down below the DP Cap Charge.

We do not know how much of the rumored $2 Million of TAM was used. We do not know what his Cap Charge will now be, but if it is the maximum, Matarrita is now making what he and Brillant combined to make last year. All of Brillant's savings are gone.

PV also talked about the importance of having two good Left Backs. I guess we're sticking with a 4-3-3