2018 Roster Discussion

I would love to see us tap into Liga MX this winter maybe even for our DP slot... guys like Darwin Quintero who are constantly transfer listed in that 29-30 age range would be perfect... been awfully quiet rumor mill

Reactions: Kjbert
I would love to see us tap into Liga MX this winter maybe even for our DP slot... guys like Darwin Quintero who are constantly transfer listed in that 29-30 age range would be perfect... been awfully quiet rumor mill

We did that last winter...

But your point is the right one. There is value in Liga MX. I would like to see us use some TAM on a Liga MX player

Anytime you can go with Phillippe Senderos instead, ya gotta do it

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017...referral&utm_content=news&utm_campaign=unpaid

team will announce option pickups, option declines, and out of contract players by 1 pm tmw
So there will actually be something to talk about?! Yessssss
giphy.gif

Read this back and it's interesting. It's almost as if he thinks he will be playing with Yangel?
Crooks made comments on a recent a recent SITC that it seems like he will be back but Crooks gonna Crooks.

Reactions: Kjbert

Ferraresi still looking to join us next year.

Should be good for depth, other than that I can't see any indications that we should expect much more from Ferraresi. He's 19 years old and his club level experience at this point consists of 6 apparences for a team in the Uruguayan second division. He's also listed at 6'2" which seems on the short side for a CB. No idea what he did at the under-20 WC so maybe that performance provides more hope for upside.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Should be good for depth, other than that I can't see any indications that we should expect much more from Ferraresi. He's 19 years old and his club level experience at this point consists of 6 apparences for a team in the Uruguayan second division. He's also listed at 6'2" which seems on the short side for a CB. No idea what he did at the under-20 WC so maybe that performance provides more hope for upside.

I think he would be our tallest CB. Callens and Chanot are both 6'1" (not including Callens' hair).

To be seen if we move to a Back 3 formation. Tough for me to see Brillant coming back as a 3rd CB with Ferraresi coming in and Sweat's utility ability.

As with any CFG-owned assignment to NYCFC, I assume he wouldn't come here if they didn't think he could get quality playing time. My expectation for him is for him to be the third CB or a starter in a 3-man backline. It will be very interesting if we cast off Brillant today, though I think that's unlikely given the way he played down the stretch.

Also, 6'2" is fine for a CB. And he still might have another inch or two in him given he's still a teen. I'm much more interested in his mobility and ability with the ball at his feet.

Last edited:
As with any CFG-owned assignment to NYCFC, I assume he wouldn't come here if they didn't think he could get quality playing time. My expectation for him is for him to be the third CB or a starter in a 3-man backline. It will be very interesting if we cast of Brillant today, though I think that's unlikely given the way he played down the stretch.

Also, 6'2" is fine for a CB. And he still might have another inch or two in him given he's still a teen. I'm much more interested in his mobility and ability with the ball at his feet.

Very mobile. Very good with the ball at his feet. In the games I've watched him in and the tape I have watched, he reminds me of John Stones in terms of playing style. Probably good enough with the ball to play as a true 6 depending on how your team lines up. Like a Morgan Schneiderlin 6 if that makes sense.

Very mobile. Very good with the ball at his feet. In the games I've watched him in and the tape I have watched, he reminds me of John Stones in terms of playing style. Probably good enough with the ball to play as a true 6 depending on how your team lines up. Like a Morgan Schneiderlin 6 if that makes sense.

Starting RCB then, please!

LCB: Callens, Sweat
CB: Chanot, Brillant
RCB: Ferraresi, White

Reactions: gbservis
I'm fine with either. Might depend on what position our new goal scoring threat plays, be it striker, wing, or goal scoring midfielder. Assuming that's a priority acquisition.

So if Herrera really is returning per Glenn Crooks, then you're either looking for a LW, RWB or CF right? To get another goalscorer on the field in that scenario, it has to come from the LW position.

Moving to a 3-5-2 would actually make more sense because you can probably get a more natural scorer at CF than you could at LW. At least that would make more sense to me.