2019 Offseason Thread

Should probably add a Star of David for any players that are MOT.

Feilhaber is available. Zac MacMath? Daniel Steres. Also, Yedlin -- Jew. And we just need to add Avram Gran or Jose Pekerman as coach.

Reactions: Kjbert
But do they have good deli in Atlanta?
South American Jews are a whole other breed of Jews culturally. Anyways the Jewish deli is sadly dead and the new Jewish food is Israeli food which isn’t nearly as unique.

South American Jews are a whole other breed of Jews culturally. Anyways the Jewish deli is sadly dead and the new Jewish food is Israeli food which isn’t nearly as unique.

Dead? Well until Second Avenue Deli closes, I refuse to accept that fact. Unfortunately, Ben's Best in Queens closed because of the change in parking on Queens Boulevard. It was one of the best in the city and a place my father and I loved to go to. :(

Reactions: Fake Jew and Kjbert
Dead? Well until Second Avenue Deli closes, I refuse to accept that fact. Unfortunately, Ben's Best in Queens closed because of the change in parking on Queens Boulevard. It was one of the best in the city and a place my father and I loved to go to. :(

Go to Gottleibs in Williamsburg. That’s the real deal. I promise.

I remember something from 2015 or 2016 regarding businesses around YS where you can store a bag or backpack or something during the game. Are there any places still like that?

My girlfriend and I are coming into town on April 27 to spend a weekend in the city. We will each have a full backpack with our overnight clothes and such.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
I remember something from 2015 or 2016 regarding businesses around YS where you can store a bag or backpack or something during the game. Are there any places still like that?

My girlfriend and I are coming into town on April 27 to spend a weekend in the city. We will each have a full backpack with our overnight clothes and such.

Yeah it’s on river ave. Just south of the stadium. By all the bars. Place is a bit of a rip off, but it’s what you need.

The owner of the rival Romanian club FCSB is salty af about Mitriţă's fee:

https://www.gsp.ro/fotbal/liga-1/ju...-as-bucura-sa-plece-sa-scap-de-el-558760.html

I'm curious about the paragraph involving release clauses. Is Becali saying Mitri's clause is €6m and NYCFC is paying more than the release clause? If so, is there solid reporting to back that up? I've seen the reported fee bouncing back and forth between €8m and €6m and it's not clear where those numbers are coming from. Another article from this (Romanian!) site cites @NYCFCBluesBr for the €8m figure, so we're definitely caught up in a transfer rumor echo chamber right now.

https://www.gsp.ro/fotbal/liga-1/ju...-as-bucura-sa-plece-sa-scap-de-el-558760.html

I'm curious about the paragraph involving release clauses. Is Becali saying Mitri's clause is €6m and NYCFC is paying more than the release clause? If so, is there solid reporting to back that up? I've seen the reported fee bouncing back and forth between €8m and €6m and it's not clear where those numbers are coming from. Another article from this (Romanian!) site cites @NYCFCBluesBr for the €8m figure, so we're definitely caught up in a transfer rumor echo chamber right now.
I'm waiting for The Sun to set it all straight.

I think it's a $6 million release clause, but it's probably being combined with his apparently wanting a million upon signing and adding his salary too (~800,000) in order to get ~$8 million total. Or it could just be someone not knowing how to use currency converter properly.