2022 General MLS Transfer Rumors

Well I hate this if it goes through...

It will take a huge edge off of the Toronto games now, which I guess is fine, but.... bleh. Now at least I have even MORE reason to dislike NER hah
Jozy and Bruce looking to rekindle that Couva magic.

interesting signing. could work out for the fire. kinda weird to see the article say he'd be a STAR in MLS if he signs... i don't think he's that big a name to be an instant star without any performance/production in MLS to back it up

Kinda funny Gab and Juls bit on ESPN where they pretty much paint Chicago as getting fleeced by Leon for paying a transfer fee.

Just when I thought we had the market cornered.

1644426701510.png

Reactions: Schwallacus
it's crazy how some expansion squads come in and kill it first season (atlanta, lafc, even nashville) and some are just dumpster fires. at the very least, you'd expect these new expansion clubs to try to model their first year after the successful ones before it. but seems like they have many inept people in all the wrong places.

Reactions: JCMore
it's crazy how some expansion squads come in and kill it first season (atlanta, lafc, even nashville) and some are just dumpster fires. at the very least, you'd expect these new expansion clubs to try to model their first year after the successful ones before it. but seems like they have many inept people in all the wrong places.
I think it really is a difficult model to follow. I’m thinking of how the Loons were able to turn it around relatively quickly after being a dumpster fire their first two seasons. Sometimes it takes time. And it’s easier to start off conservatively with low expectations and build your way up instead of doing what ever the hell Miami is currently doing. Plus I think with Atlanta and LAFC having off years they are given less breathing room by fans, analysts other observers because they came out guns ablazin their first year.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Yeah, 100% agree. There was this one New York expansion team, had some good players but were bottom of the league their first year, didn't have their own stadium and had to share their home field, were always playing second fiddle to the Yankees. It was terrible, but some of the city loved them regardless. And then less than a decade later they were the champions. Yup, you know it, I'm talking about…the New York Mets!

Wait, hang on, I'm getting some new information. I'm being told it's…NYCFC!

Yeah, 100% agree. There was this one New York expansion team, had some good players but were bottom of the league their first year, didn't have their own stadium and had to share their home field, were always playing second fiddle to the Yankees. It was terrible, but some of the city loved them regardless. And then less than a decade later they were the champions. Yup, you know it, I'm talking about…the New York Mets!

Wait, hang on, I'm getting some new information. I'm being told it's…NYCFC!

We actually had a roster though. Sounds like Charlotte doesn't even have one. For a coach to come out and say they're screwed is saying a lot.