2022 General MLS Transfer Rumors

Douglas Costa signed for LAG yesterday and I've seen near to zero fanfare here, the MLS site, twitter, anywhere. Just happened to stumble upon the news accidentally otherwise I'm not sure I would have known until our opener.

does this go here? or under taty or roster? i'm so confused :( (please move to roster thread as JCMore JCMore stated below).

Last edited:
does this go here? or under taty or roster? i'm so confused :(

Probably roster thread! This is for all other teams usually

Reactions: moogoo
Yeah, 100% agree. There was this one New York expansion team, had some good players but were bottom of the league their first year, didn't have their own stadium and had to share their home field, were always playing second fiddle to the Yankees. It was terrible, but some of the city loved them regardless. And then less than a decade later they were the champions. Yup, you know it, I'm talking about…the New York Mets!

Wait, hang on, I'm getting some new information. I'm being told it's…NYCFC!
It might surprise some folks who they shared the stadium with...

Reactions: JayH
Reactions: JayH
Reactions: Schwallacus
:O

Happy for him to get more starting minutes elsewhere.

World-class keeper most of the time, but had many inconsistent moments.

Happy for him to get more starting minutes elsewhere.

World-class keeper most of the time, but had many inconsistent moments.

yes. i'm just surprised to see someone coming from a big club. MLS tends to sign people from lesser known clubs or mid-table or low table clubs. aside from the ocassional river plate level signing. but coming from dortmund is pretty big in my opinion. hope he can succeed here in MLS

:O

They emphasize City too much. We're the City!

I was surprised by this too, but he pretty quickly went from first choice to third choice. He hasn't made any appearances this season and is rarely even on the bench. Not sure what happened, but this seems like a good move for everyone concerned.