2022 General MLS Transfer Rumors

They're working some business. Apparently, they've re-signed Carlos Vela as a DP until the end of next year, too. And the deals for both Bale and Chiellini use TAM and don't require a DP slot, which means LAFC will still have one open DP after the dust settles.

I'm sure everyone is going to want to look at how they're handling it and getting everything within bounds and go to school a little. Thorrington could probably write a textbook.

And dig this: I read somewhere they can register Bale and Chiellini on July 7. The next El Trafico is July 8.

Anyway, we're going to have a steeper road to the Supporter's Shield now, most likely. And just as we've fallen out of form a little and need to make some adjustments. Son of a gun.

Bales has barely played in the last year. And he actually played more for Wales than he has for club, which is bizarre. Barely 900 minutes total.
How fit can he be?

He’ll contribute I’m sure, but how often & how long?

Last edited:
Reactions: KevinJRogers
Bale has barely played in the last year. And he actually played more for Wales than he has for club, which is bizarre.
How fit can he be?

not very. he hasn't played a full 90 for wales either.

and if he thinks coming to MLS will be easy on him physically, he's got another thing coming. lol.

will be interesting to see if he can pull of zlatan like numbers. just depends how motivated he is and I'm fairly confident he's just in it for fitness for the world cup.

and if he thinks coming to MLS will be easy on him physically, he's got another thing coming. lol.

will be interesting to see if he can pull of zlatan like numbers. just depends how motivated he is and I'm fairly confident he's just in it for fitness for the world cup.
One-year deal, with an option to extend for 18 months. So that's possible. And I totally agree he may be in for a surprise if he thinks MLS is a cakewalk.

But talent is still talent, and he's still only 32.

They’re all in on 2022.
That's definitely how I read it. Go for it all now, maybe next year too, then clear the money. Try and extend Bale and sell him at the end of next season, let Vela go on a free at the end of next year, figure Chiellini to retire. Then have the young 'uns step up and you have at least one, maybe two DPs available to fill the gaps. Plus whatever TAM you engineer.

Not what I would want for us -- I like our approach, especially loading up with all the Thiagos we can find -- but there's no denying it's a great piece of sports management.

Speaking of our approach, it's Saturday night. And no one knows how to enjoy a Saturday night quite like our Brazilians.

I doubt any of these guys take MLS lightly any more after seeing so many peers struggle. More likely he saw an opportunity to play at a similar level to Cardiff City, nonstop through the cup, with a good potential for silverware and, well, an LA lifestyle (e.g. relative anonymity). For a guy like him, fitness has to be synonymous with scoring, so I expect he will be very motivated. Hard to imagine him underperforming here and being in form for the WC. The question is how much gas is left in the tank.

Rumors that a couple of mls teams are prepared to make “ ground breaking “ offers to try to lure jesse Lingard . I’d guess Miami and the Galaxy ? Doesn’t seem like a current CFG stategty . Would you want him ?

Reactions: JayH
Rumors that a couple of mls teams are prepared to make “ ground breaking “ offers to try to lure jesse Lingard . I’d guess Miami and the Galaxy ? Doesn’t seem like a current CFG stategty . Would you want him ?

Call me cynical but every time I see rumors like this I read it as "Jesse Lingard's agent floats rumors of big MLS payday to use as leverage in negotiations with European teams." If it is true and the offer is "groundbreaking" I think CFG could do better if they decide to give out substantial money to get a big name.

Reactions: Davo15
Yes please. Some overlap in positioning with Maxi and Santi (and the wings) but he can play anywhere forward and would be dominant. I think he would also embrace MLS and have a lot of fun playing.

The Shradi trade was finally confirmed, at $400k, plus $200k more if the Revs re-sign him for 2024 (I'm betting no).

I've read many conflicting comments and reports about why Isi got so few minutes at LAFC. Some say injuries, some say he was too low on the depth chart. I'm guessing both, with the injuries contributing to the other, because you don't want to rely too much on some you cannot rely on. Anyway, now that he's back in the East, I wish him well, but not too well.

The Shradi trade was finally confirmed, at $400k, plus $200k more if the Revs re-sign him for 2024 (I'm betting no).

I've read many conflicting comments and reports about why Isi got so few minutes at LAFC. Some say injuries, some say he was too low on the depth chart. I'm guessing both, with the injuries contributing to the other, because you don't want to rely too much on some you cannot rely on. Anyway, now that he's back in the East, I wish him well, but not too well.
400,000 GAM is them getting back exactly what they payed a year ago. Interesting finances, I guess they took a chance and decided to go a different route

400,000 GAM is them getting back exactly what they payed a year ago. Interesting finances, I guess they took a chance and decided to go a different route
The Revs made money holding Lletget's rights for even less time. Haven't you heard? Inflation.
But yeah, LAFC moved on because they re-signed Vela, and added Bale and Bouanga. None of that was known back in December.

Lol.The original reporting is in Spanish in the quote tweet. But the gist is that Chivas made an offer to FC Cincinnati for Brandon Vasquez based on the Transfermarkt listing of $550k, and Cincinnati countered for $5M. I'm not sure that's realistic either, but the half-million offer was ridiculous.

Reactions: SoupInNYC