2022 Schedule Thread

Viewing our schedule so far through the lens of the MLS Power Rankings.

#7 LA Galaxy - loss
#28 Vancouver - tie
#8 CF Montreal - win
#2 Philadelphia - loss
#24 Toronto - loss
#15 Real Salt Lake - win
#24 Toronto - win
#27 San Jose - win

For those of you scoring at home, that's 4 games (half our season so far) against teams in the bottom 5, and only 3 games against teams in the top half. Yes, it's been fairly easy, and the next four games are: hosting #25 (SKC), hosting #14 (CLB), at #26 (DCU) and hosting #20 (CHI). Time to bank some points.

I forget, is this included in the STH package?
I’m pretty sure STH paid for this
Viewing our schedule so far through the lens of the MLS Power Rankings.

#7 LA Galaxy - loss
#28 Vancouver - tie
#8 CF Montreal - win
#2 Philadelphia - loss
#24 Toronto - loss
#15 Real Salt Lake - win
#24 Toronto - win
#27 San Jose - win

For those of you scoring at home, that's 4 games (half our season so far) against teams in the bottom 5, and only 3 games against teams in the top half. Yes, it's been fairly easy, and the next four games are: hosting #25 (SKC), hosting #14 (CLB), at #26 (DCU) and hosting #20 (CHI). Time to bank some points.
I would like to say that I think we were really hard done by in the Galaxy loss and the TFC loss. I've kind of put the Philly game completely out of my mind and look forward to the rematch. That should be one hell of a contest.

What's wrong with this in terms of our scheduling?
There's a decent chance tomorrow's Yankee game also is cancelled and they can't play a triple-header on Sunday so it will need to be squeezed in somewhere.....

ETA Yanks and Rangers are both off Monday but I'm pretty sure the players will have to approve and Monday was a travel day for the Rangers.

• Sad
Reactions: Shwafta
I just realized that even though the stretch of 5 straight home games ends next weekend we still have a home game the following weekend because the Away game is midweek and we play Chicago Sunday May 22 at Citi. I like going to games, but six straight weekends is getting a bit much, and I even missed one for a family graduation trip. I'll be glad for a break when this stretch ends.

I just realized that even though the stretch of 5 straight home games ends next weekend we still have a home game the following weekend because the Away game is midweek and we play Chicago Sunday May 22 at Citi. I like going to games, but six straight weekends is getting a bit much, and I even missed one for a family graduation trip. I'll be glad for a break when this stretch ends.
And then only one home match in June.

Four home games combined in June, July, August (not including RBA). The homestand is fun, and we're doing a nice job getting some points on the board, but this is a lot of home games in awful weather.

It was MISERABLE Saturday night. And I was in a box.

Reactions: ZYanksRule
I've had to explain to my wife that I don't make the schedule and that I still like her.

Here you go. I think this was posted elsewhere too.

It's both interesting in its own right and a funny satire on advanced soccer analytics. He creates a measure xENT - expected entertainment - for each team.