2022 Schedule Thread

isint this like REALLY bad? Does the schedule stay the same minus the lost dates of the MLB schedule or they re arrange everything to fit the shortened season?
The article says that MLB would just cancel the games and not make them up in any way. But we'll see what happens. Everything in flux for NYCFC.

Reactions: Kjbert and Fantazma
isint this like REALLY bad? Does the schedule stay the same minus the lost dates of the MLB schedule or they re arrange everything to fit the shortened season?

Odds are they would just trim games off the schedule. But even if they're cramming games in, MLB homestands will still be a week, give or take. So while maybe we'd have to move some things around, it shouldn't keep us from hosting games.

Reactions: Kjbert and Fantazma
7 inning games would be a blessing. Average game is 3 hours and 10 minutes now. Remember when baseball was exciting with players stealing like 100 bases a season? How much adjusting of hats, gloves, the pants area around the crotch... do people need.

7 inning games would be a blessing. Average game is 3 hours and 10 minutes now. Remember when baseball was exciting with players stealing like 100 bases a season? How much adjusting of hats, gloves, the pants area around the crotch... do people need.

exactly why I never cared much for watching baseball.

Reactions: Kjbert
geez I'd much rather RBA. That's a two hour drive. No one's going to do that drive... (i say now as I'll somehow end up getting myself to go)

not a chance i'd go. no car and i am not doing some kind of train, bus, uber combination...

so how is this CCL approved? it's got ad signage on the video board. Doubt that will get covered up. it is otherwise a nice field. just too damn far

Joe Tolleson and Ian Joy will return to handle play-by-play and analyst duties, respectively.

That Twitter report that was obviously untrue has been proven false. Ian is back.

That Twitter report that was obviously untrue has been proven false. Ian is back.
Thank you. I love Ian!

Ian confirmed that as of Feb 16 he did not know if he was coming back.

not a chance i'd go. no car and i am not doing some kind of train, bus, uber combination...

so how is this CCL approved? it's got ad signage on the video board. Doubt that will get covered up. it is otherwise a nice field. just too damn far

i think Concacaf only wants soccer or Football stadiums, no baseball fields or other sports even if the dimensions are met.